• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Make me Laugh. Try to explain SOS - Strength of Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you Trying to make yourself look UCFoolish?
Daunte
Blake
1 play away from the Super Bowl

"Choose your words wisely or risk being made a UCFool." - UCFhonors

You have earned 3 laps today. Take them before posting again.

#UCFacts

Shit if that's all it takes, Alabama is QBU....

Collectively, Alabama Quarterbacks have won

7 NFL Championships
3 Championship MVP's
and been named
1st team all pro 5 times
and
2nd team 8 times
Named NFL MVP 2 times
AFL MVP 2 times
NFL Offensive MVP 1 time
Named to 2 NFL All Decade Teams
and been the NFL Passing Leader 6 times
and touchdown leader 2 times
Had their jerseys retired 3 times
and been named to the Hall of Fame 3 times

They also have 2 National Championships at Alabama.

Also, Blake "1 play away from the Super Bowl" Bortles isn't as good as our 4th best QB.

Daunte only has 5 good seasons as a starter and he was throwing to Randy Moss, I would not be surprised if he never makes the Hall of Fame.

I'll give you a pass for being a fan of a team whose history is about as deep as a kiddie pool, but you're ridiculously under qualified to label UCF as the U of anything.

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit if that's all it takes, Alabama is QBU....

Collectively, Alabama Quarterbacks have won

7 NFL Championships
3 Championship MVP's
and been named
1st team all pro 5 times
and
2nd team 8 times
Named NFL MVP 2 times
AFL MVP 2 times
NFL Offensive MVP 1 time
Named to 2 NFL All Decade Teams
and been the NFL Passing Leader 6 times
and touchdown leader 2 times
Had their jerseys retired 3 times
and been named to the Hall of Fame 3 times

They also have 2 National Championships at Alabama.

Also, Blake "1 play away from the Super Bowl" Bortles isn't as good as our 4th best QB.

Daunte only has 5 good seasons as a starter and he was throwing to Randy Moss, I would not be surprised if he never makes the Hall of Fame.

I'll give you a pass for being a fan of a team whose history is about as deep as a kiddie pool, but you're ridiculously under qualified to label UCF as the U of anything.

Did any of that happen since UCF started playing D1 UCFootball in 1996?

#UCFacts

UCFhonors

Hoopla Cash
$ 494.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NU_FTW doesn't understand that you need to compare the same timeframe for an apples to apples comparison.

I gave Bama a ~100 year head start. Bc we all know that Bama QBs or Nebraska QBs didn’t accomplish anything professionally during their program’s first 23 years of D1 football.

#UCFacts

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize you are basing your real world argument on something completely hypothetical. If Wisconsin was good enough to beat Ohio State they would have beat Ohio State and been good enough and likely passed an eye test. Wisconsin was not good enough to beat Ohio State thus did not look good enough.

I guess you are using too much roundup on your corn you have been growing. too much glyphosate or something yea?

It’s really not hard to see what he’s arguing. Regardless of the b10 champ game outcome if Alabama was considered the better team then they should make it automatically. Not if Wisconsin Loses.

Is the committees job to put in the best 4 teams or the ones with the best resume?

You and pink ears are really going out of your way to not understand this.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s really not hard to see what he’s arguing. Regardless of the b10 champ game outcome if Alabama was considered the better team then they should make it automatically. Not if Wisconsin Loses.

Is the committees job to put in the best 4 teams or the ones with the best resume?

You and pink ears are really going out of your way to not understand this.

Dear lord you people. IF WISCONSIN WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN AGAINST OHIO STATE IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO BE THE BETTER TEAM. THEY DIDNT, THEY WERENT. I put it in caps so that maybe you would read better. It is very simple. It wasnt about the B1G getting in, it was and still is even with yoru argument about being the best team. Wisconsin wasnt the better team, that was proven on the field.... there are a million scenarios. Lets say that Wiscy beat Ohio state 137 to 3 that would raise many eyebrows, i would even say if they were good enough to do that then they deserved to be in the CFP. Fact is they were not good enough to be in the CFP they were not even good enough to win the B1G....

This isnt about resumes but you are talking about what if's that you dont take into consideration that it would require wisconsin to be better than they were.... how can you gauge how much better they would have been if they were better? lol its all freaking hypothetical.....

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear lord you people. IF WISCONSIN WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN AGAINST OHIO STATE IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE FOR THEM TO BE THE BETTER TEAM. THEY DIDNT, THEY WERENT. I put it in caps so that maybe you would read better. It is very simple. It wasnt about the B1G getting in, it was and still is even with yoru argument about being the best team. Wisconsin wasnt the better team, that was proven on the field.... there are a million scenarios. Lets say that Wiscy beat Ohio state 137 to 3 that would raise many eyebrows, i would even say if they were good enough to do that then they deserved to be in the CFP. Fact is they were not good enough to be in the CFP they were not even good enough to win the B1G....

This isnt about resumes but you are talking about what if's that you dont take into consideration that it would require wisconsin to be better than they were.... how can you gauge how much better they would have been if they were better? lol its all freaking hypothetical.....

YOU ARE BASING EVERYTHING ON 1 GAME. 1 FUCKING GAME.

If you are looking for the best teams, you can’t do that on 1 FUCKING GAME. That’s the whole point. If they beat Ohio State, suddenly they are one of the 4 best teams? Absolute bullshit.

No matter what, if you have a brain even you would admit regardless of if Wisconsin won or not Alabama was still a better team. So why should Wisconsin beating Ohio State propel them to a playoff if Alabama was still the better team? That is The Whole argument. Is it best team or best resume?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU ARE BASING EVERYTHING ON 1 GAME. 1 FUCKING GAME.

If you are looking for the best teams, you can’t do that on 1 FUCKING GAME. That’s the whole point. If they beat Ohio State, suddenly they are one of the 4 best teams? Absolute bullshit.

No matter what, if you have a brain even you would admit regardless of if Wisconsin won or not Alabama was still a better team. So why should Wisconsin beating Ohio State propel them to a playoff if Alabama was still the better team? That is The Whole argument. Is it best team or best resume?
A hypothetical game, one that carries a lot of weight given that wisconsin was undefeated.

Wisconsin would have to have been better than they were to win. So i cannot say that. If wisconsin had won perhaps they would have been better than bama.

Hypotheticals are fun until you try to base everything in the real world while talking hypotheticals.

Hypothetically wisconsin would have unleashed hell and shown they were better than bama, that is why it is hypothetical.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A hypothetical game, one that carries a lot of weight given that wisconsin was undefeated.

Wisconsin would have to have been better than they were to win. So i cannot say that. If wisconsin had won perhaps they would have been better than bama.

Hypotheticals are fun until you try to base everything in the real world while talking hypotheticals.

Hypothetically wisconsin would have unleashed hell and shown they were better than bama, that is why it is hypothetical.

The eye test absolutely disagrees with you. Alabama played a tougher schedule and had a bunch of injuries Pre-Playoff. That is why I understand where the Hawkeye fan is coming from. If Alabama was considered the “better” team, it should not matter what happened in the B10 championship that year if we are indeed selecting the “best 4 teams.”

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eye test absolutely disagrees with you. Alabama played a tougher schedule and had a bunch of injuries Pre-Playoff. That is why I understand where the Hawkeye fan is coming from. If Alabama was considered the “better” team, it should not matter what happened in the B10 championship that year if we are indeed selecting the “best 4 teams.”
Well this is MY hypothetical game and i say hypothetically Wisconsin wows the world and makes alabama look like peewee league. Hypothetically looking on the eye test like the number 1 team in the nation. Hypothetically of course.

Arguing about something that didnt happen is just retarded though. LoL making fun of derpburds who cant understand that is just a way to pass time during commercials etc.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is MY hypothetical game and i say hypothetically Wisconsin wows the world and makes alabama look like peewee league. Hypothetically looking on the eye test like the number 1 team in the nation. Hypothetically of course.

Arguing about something that didnt happen is just retarded though. LoL making fun of derpburds who cant understand that is just a way to pass time during commercials etc.

While you are using hypotheticals to make yourself feel better about no being able to understand the argument, I’m citing reasons as to why 1 game does not determine if a team is one of the 4 best. Which brings us back to the original argument. If you can still follow along, is it the best team or the best resume? An I’m hoping I can catch you between commercials of your busy tv watching. ROFLMAO

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any of that happen since UCF started playing D1 UCFootball in 1996?

#UCFacts

Ahh I see, only things that happened since 1996 matter, lol.

#UCFourthbestteaminFlorida

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you are using hypotheticals to make yourself feel better about no being able to understand the argument, I’m citing reasons as to why 1 game does not determine if a team is one of the 4 best. Which brings us back to the original argument. If you can still follow along, is it the best team or the best resume? An I’m hoping I can catch you between commercials of your busy tv watching. ROFLMAO
His argument was hypothetical lol. In a hypothetical world where parameters are limitless it is a moot point in the first place.

Hypothetically, in this scenario since i get to move the goalposts wherever i choose, wisconsin is the better team. The eye says so in the B1G CCG and woos everyone, Bama doesnt get a second chance and gets bumped out. You cant complain if you lose a game vs a team that wins them all while playing a half ass decent SOS (does not need to be better, just cant be all g5 teams *cough ucf cough*)

Clearly this was not the case. Sometimes the #4 team will be the best sometimes it will be the most deserving, that is why a human element was introduced.

Since it does not matter, and for pure exercise purposes, can you tell me how the CFP top 4 ended up compared to BCS would have? :D

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His argument was hypothetical lol. In a hypothetical world where parameters are limitless it is a moot point in the first place.

Hypothetically, in this scenario since i get to move the goalposts wherever i choose, wisconsin is the better team. The eye says so in the B1G CCG and woos everyone, Bama doesnt get a second chance and gets bumped out. You cant complain if you lose a game vs a team that wins them all while playing a half ass decent SOS (does not need to be better, just cant be all g5 teams *cough ucf cough*)

Clearly this was not the case. Sometimes the #4 team will be the best sometimes it will be the most deserving, that is why a human element was introduced.

Since it does not matter, and for pure exercise purposes, can you tell me how the CFP top 4 ended up compared to BCS would have? :D

The eye test absolutely disagrees with you that Wisconsin was better than bama that year. Even you know that even though you won’t admit it. An that’s the whole argument. You can cry hypothetical all you want but that game should not have mattered. Fortunately for all, Wisconsin lost and rightfully Alabama was the 4th team. The human element should have picked that out from the beginning. So again, is it best team or best resume?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eye test absolutely disagrees with you that Wisconsin was better than bama that year. Even you know that even though you won’t admit it. An that’s the whole argument. You can cry hypothetical all you want but that game should not have mattered. Fortunately for all, Wisconsin lost and rightfully Alabama was the 4th team. The human element should have picked that out from the beginning. So again, is it best team or best resume?
You dont understand!! In my hypothetical B1G CCG Wisconsin turns it on and wows the world!! Making everyone not only think they deserve to be in but that they are in fact #1 seed! Its my hypothetical and ill cry if i want to, cry if i want to.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont understand!! In my hypothetical B1G CCG Wisconsin turns it on and wows the world!! Making everyone not only think they deserve to be in but that they are in fact #1 seed! Its my hypothetical and ill cry if i want to, cry if i want to.

Sigh..... It should not have mattered if Alabama was considered the better team. That’s all I’m getting at. No matter who won the B10 champ game.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh..... It should not have mattered if Alabama was considered the better team. That’s all I’m getting at. No matter who won the B10 champ game.
But in my hypothetical Wisconsin proves they are better than the rest!! If alabama is the #4 seed and gets bumped for an undefeated 13-0 P5 CCG winner than that is their fault for dropping the ball. Regardless of what people "think" and hindsight being 20/20 doesnt matter in this scenario.

It is like the UFC and letting it go to the score card instead of getting a KO. Never leave it up to the judges.

It is what it is. the #4 team cant really complain, even though they inevitably will.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in my hypothetical Wisconsin proves they are better than the rest!! If alabama is the #4 seed and gets bumped for an undefeated 13-0 P5 CCG winner than that is their fault for dropping the ball. Regardless of what people "think" and hindsight being 20/20 doesnt matter in this scenario.

It is like the UFC and letting it go to the score card instead of getting a KO. Never leave it up to the judges.

It is what it is. the #4 team cant really complain, even though they inevitably will.

I do agree with that. Always take care of business yourself.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If in the real or hypothetical world, a Wisconsin win would have convinced you that the Badgers were a better team than Alabama, so be it. At the beginning, I said picking the four best teams is a bad idea (I favor four best resumes). I then added that I don't believe the committee strictly abides by the four best team policy and I gave Wisconsin as an example of this. There may be a better example. That said, I don't think anyone believed they were a better team than Alabama before the Ohio State game and I don't think had they won on the last drive that their play in the game would have changed many minds. Perhaps I'm wrong and the committee absolutely believes it is always picking the four best teams based on ability.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should it be the 4 best teams? Or the 4 best resumes?

It should absolutely be the best resumes. Best team? What the hell constitutes that? A subjective eye test? Its easy to look good if you play shit teams.

Who you play (SoS), winning, and MoV is what should matter. The first two being dominate key factors. It's about deserving. I don't give a shit how many 5 star recruits you have, people match up differently, have different gameplans, etc.. Keep it as objective as possible. If you have a SoS of #12 and beat everyone by 7 points. That is a hell of a lot better than the team with a SoS of #120 beating everyone by 21 points.

Best team is such a bullshit, vague concept.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NU_FTW doesn't understand that you need to compare the same timeframe for an apples to apples comparison.

I gave Bama a ~100 year head start. Bc we all know that Bama QBs or Nebraska QBs didn’t accomplish anything professionally during their program’s first 23 years of D1 football.

#UCFacts

:lol:

Do you think maybe it's because....Professional football didn't exist? Want take a guess at the QB's that won the first Superbowl though? That would be Bart Starr, an Alabama QB.

Oh yeah, he won the 2nd one as well. MVP in both.

Going even further back in history, ever heard of Doc Hudson? He's the guy who is often credited with creating many of the modern passing routes used in football. He was a WR at Alabama.

I can do this allllll night long.

Status
Not open for further replies.