• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mahomes Hype Overload Thread v2

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2850 Yards Passing
14 INTs
3 Fumbles
545 Yards Rushing
Injured in week 12

But Kareem Hunt doesn't matter at all; and it looks increasingly likely Tyreek Hill will play in some capacity.[/QUOTE]

Pirson_football.png

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is spectacular. Fucking throwing no look passes in his first year as a starter. 50 TDs? The kid is very VERY special. If every player was cut and the NFL teams redrafted every single player he would be the #1 pick. I said a while ago Wentz was the best YOUNG QB in the league and he just simply isnt. That title goes to Mahomes. No better feeling as an NFL fan as having a young superstar QB. Barring injury KC is set at QB until 2030.
I agree he had a spectacular rookie season.
Now for what would concern me as a realistic Chiefs fan. (I really dont care)
He has a lot of Brett Favre characteristics. Craziness that just happens to work. I can see. After a year of dealing with unexpectedness from the KC QB. DC's picking up on this.
So I can see, even though I also think he will end up being special. I can see him not doing as well & his INT ration going up. Andy Reid having to rein him in & explain this is how the NFL is. he will hit what we know as the Sophomore slump. Just his slump will be better than a lot of their better years. But I trust a lot of SportsHoopla (no pun intended) how he didnt live up to his rookie year (which will be a BS argument)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a lot of Brett Favre characteristics. Craziness that just happens to work. I can see. After a year of dealing with unexpectedness from the KC QB. DC's picking up on this.
So I can see, even though I also think he will end up being special. I can see him not doing as well & his INT ration going up. Andy Reid having to rein him in & explain this is how the NFL is. he will hit what we know as the Sophomore slump. Just his slump will be better than a lot of their better years. But I trust a lot of SportsHoopla (no pun intended) how he didnt live up to his rookie year (which will be a BS argument)
The best that I can tell the Patriots had 3 different strategies against Mahomes last year so I don't really think Mahomes has a singular issue. He is just young and coaches should always be able to confuse young QBs.

Mahomes obviously isn't going to get 50 TDs every year. I don't think he has ever had a good defense in college or the NFL, though, so as the years move along its going to be interesting to see who he morphs into when the Chiefs offense probably isnt as talented and the Chiefs defense is (hopefully) more talented.

Imo, I think its more likely his sack total goes up than his Int total.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is in for a huge statistical regression if Hill doesn't play for them this coming season.

Mahomes individually will still be great and put up volume numbers....but that offense as a whole goes from #1 to probably out of the top 10 and Mahomes efficiency will drop.

Hill's speed last year dictated coverage that made life easy on Mahomes. Without him, he is going to go through some major growing pains.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is in for a huge statistical regression if Hill doesn't play for them this coming season.

Mahomes individually will still be great and put up volume numbers....but that offense as a whole goes from #1 to probably out of the top 10 and Mahomes efficiency will drop.

Hill's speed last year dictated coverage that made life easy on Mahomes. Without him, he is going to go through some major growing pains.

Which as a fantasy foolball player is my big question.

He was fantasy dynamite last year but how good will he be this year with a tattered supporting cast.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, Mahomes does get his 2nd best olineman back next year in addition to his 2nd best WR (which if Hill doesn't play will likely be his best).

Remember when they said the Chiefs were going to miss Jeremy Maclin? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Remember when they said the Chiefs were going to miss Alex Smith? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when they said the Chiefs were going to miss Jeremy Maclin? Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Remember when they said the Chiefs were going to miss Alex Smith? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
unfortunately for the chiefs....these don't compare to what they will miss with Hill out

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What If I told you Hill will miss between 2-4 games? How crazy do you think I am?

I'd say it should be more.

But more importantly, regardless of how much he means to them, they themselves should cut ties.

I know I sound like a broken record, but it's just 100% wrong that some guy who smoked pot gets the hoosegow more or less.

And some guy like this gets a soft ride, and if cut, has others lining up for him.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8.....fuck it 9 thousand yards. 79 tds, 0 ints. He will help a kid cure his cancer when said kid askes for a 10 td game and he delivers.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is in a great place for QB development. Reid knows how to make QBs look good. Reid has his issues but he is one of the best at QB development.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Hill seemingly playing, I am more bullish on Mahomie. I still think losing Hunt hurts though. We shall see.

The Chiefs are putting a lot of trust in Damien Williams. He's a hot name in fantasy all of a sudden. They do have Carlos Hyde as a safety valve, but he hasn't shown much pop in the past few seasons.