• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mahomes Hype Overload Thread v2

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Mahomes lost nothing after losing Hunt is simply not true btw.

Here is Mahomes' game logs from last year. Only one game with more than 3 TDs after Hunt was cut. Only 4 TD game was the Raiders. He went from spectacular production to merely good.

Patrick Mahomes Game by Game Stats and Performance | ESPN
I keep telling you the correct reason for this fluctuation is Sammy Watkins, not Kareem Hunt, especially when the RB production is comparable to better than Hunt's...

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may want to check the first version of this thread. :)

But Kareem Hunt doesn't matter at all; and it looks increasingly likely Tyreek Hill will play in some capacity.

The last I heard, the Chiefs and the league are waiting on the police to finish their investigation. Is that pretty much where it stands?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the RB production on the ground may have been comparable, but what made Hunt special is his ability to play a Brian Westbrook style role in the Reid offense, catching screens and other passes as well as running the rock. The other guys were scrubs by comparison. I know you think RBs don't matter, but you are wrong about that. All players matter and Kareem Hunt is a top 5 RB when not beating women.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to sound negative, but I predict a slump. Defensive coordinators are figuring him out. Last year, defenses had to adjust to him. This year, he will have to adjust to them. I figure the kid will rebound by year 3, IF he stay healthy.
Then you have the whole Carson Wentz scenario, and I would hate to have to get into that and have the Eagles fans start crying too.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this sound like the engine of the offense to you?

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Based off the 4.43-second 40-yard dash he ran at the NFL scouting combine a few years ago, Sammy Watkins should win most races against the other Kansas City Chiefs veteran wide receivers, particularly with Tyreek Hill not competing because of his suspension.

But Watkins wasn't winning the receiver sprints at a recent workout, prompting quarterback Patrick Mahomes to call him out for a lack of effort.

"It was a good thing because the next day I came in first just about almost every rep," Watkins said. "[Mahomes] looked at me like, 'Yeah.' I was like, 'Yeah, I got it, bro. I'm on it.'

Can Chiefs' Sammy Watkins break out in Year 2 with Patrick Mahomes?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is just stupid.

Watkins had 3 TDs all year before getting hurt and only two 100-yard games. He was a cog in the machine. Yes, he helped stretch the field like Hill, but he was nothing special.

Sammy Watkins Game by Game Stats and Performance | ESPN
Idk, In the 8 RS games he was healthy and had more than one catch [he played but got hurt very quickly in the Rams and first Bronco game], he put up 515 yards. Add in the 2 postseason games and it's another 176 yards; that's an 1100 yard pace over a full season despite being 3rd wheel... it's like he's good at football.

Sorry mate, he's just more important than Kareem Hunt is despite being hurt half the time.

Don't you #AllPlayersMatter me. WRs>>>RB's

Watkins>>>Hunt

Williams ~ Hunt... does it even matter? (It doesn't)

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Sammy Watkins would be great if he played a full season is kind of like saying Nick Foles would be a Hall of Famer if he started every game, isn't it? Or that Carson Wentz was MVP if you extrapolate his stats to a full season?

Bottom line is Watkins gets hurt. It's what he does. And when he isn't hurt he is a #2 receiver on a good offense. He was clearly the fourth option in KC behind Kelce, Hill, and Hunt.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying Sammy Watkins would be great if he played a full season is kind of like saying Nick Foles would be a Hall of Famer if he started every game, isn't it? Or that Carson Wentz was MVP if you extrapolate his stats to a full season?

Bottom line is Watkins gets hurt. It's what he does. And when he isn't hurt he is a #2 receiver on a good offense. He was clearly the fourth option in KC behind Kelce, Hill, and Hunt.
Andy Reid does run the ball too much- I agree.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was rollin with Mahomie in every fantasy league possible last season, but I am a seller on him this year. Especially if Tyreek Hill misses games, or the entire season, which is not unthinkable. The offense lost steam once it lost Kareem Hunt. Losing Hill would be devastating.
Mahomes was probably QB14 or so last year and is QB1 this year. Not really comparable.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully, he'll show some self restraint and not beat up on anyone over the offseason.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes has James Williams now and he is already better than Hunt. Mahomes wins the MVP again and the Chiefs make but eventually lose in the Super Bowl.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes has James Williams now and he is already better than Hunt. Mahomes wins the MVP again and the Chiefs make but eventually lose in the Super Bowl.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The original "Boobie" was light years better than this one in college

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original "Boobie" was light years better than this one in college

Eh, not even. The original Boobie couldn’t read or write while the newer and better version could do both while homeless.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes is spectacular. Fucking throwing no look passes in his first year as a starter. 50 TDs? The kid is very VERY special. If every player was cut and the NFL teams redrafted every single player he would be the #1 pick. I said a while ago Wentz was the best YOUNG QB in the league and he just simply isnt. That title goes to Mahomes. No better feeling as an NFL fan as having a young superstar QB. Barring injury KC is set at QB until 2030.