• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Magic

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson has stepped down as President of basketball operations.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man of his word.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the first shoe drops. Now Jeanie should walk across the hall and ask the Icon to come to work as her new GM.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the first shoe drops. Now Jeanie should walk across the hall and ask the Icon to come to work as her new GM.
That should have happened before she picked Magic. I don't know if jerry will do that. Man, if he does, it would give instant credibilty back to the franchise.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm available for grief counseling but shortly I'll be headed to the game thread.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost a lot of respect for Magic Johnson today. Totally classless way to go out. Just went full rant in the general NBA forum and don't feel like doing it again so I'll just leave it at that.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost a lot of respect for Magic Johnson today. Totally classless way to go out. Just went full rant in the general NBA forum and don't feel like doing it again so I'll just leave it at that.
me too. that was a coward move. Now we know why we are a cluster. Take that Rob Lowe looking stiff with you. One of the doushious moves in history. You could not have given an organization the finger worse then Magic just did. It was like he is secretly working for the clippers lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too. that was a coward move. Now we know why we are a cluster. Take that Rob Lowe looking stiff with you. One of the doushious moves in history. You could not have given an organization the finger worse then Magic just did. It was like he is secretly working for the clippers lol

Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for him too.

It's good that he kept his word and quit even though he could have used the injuries as his excuse to stay.

It's good that he did it early enough that the Lakers have plenty of time to find a new President.

But, if you were to ask me what could be the worst possible way to do this, I don't think that I could have come up with a worse way.

It's time for a culture change.

If I'm Jeanie, my first call is to The Logo. If I can't get him to come back, I at least ask him if he can give me a few names of some folks who can provide what we need. Then, I hire a company to vet them and see who's ready.

I'll tell her exactly that too...just as soon as she lifts the restraining order. lol

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a great player a passionate Lakers fan and one of my favorite people in the world. But this is a good thing for the Lakers moving forward. The Lakers front office is in shambles. They need a pro in his position. Sure wish West was interested.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be incredibly stupid to keep Pelinka as the GM. A few names surfacing include the ex-GM from Detroit whose name right now escapes me but I can see his face.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be incredibly stupid to keep Pelinka as the GM. A few names surfacing include the ex-GM from Detroit whose name right now escapes me but I can see his face.
I agree. He should be gone.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depends on who they bring in as President. I don't know that Pelinka has done anything to be fired, but I don't know as that he did anything to be kept either.

My guess is that, while Magic got the credit, Pelinka had more to do with clearing the cap space for 2 max players than Magic did. As a former agent, I'm sure he's far more familiar with the cap rules than Magic.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic and Pelinka did some good drafting, but made some bad trades. The two at the trade deadline did absolutely nothing for the team except gut the team of some young talent.

Trading Russell ( a current all star player who is the engine driving the Nets in the playoffs ) to draft an oft injured Ball who can't shoot was a bad move. Yes, it netted them Kuzma, but they probably could've got him at 30 and just not got Hart ( who fell off the map this season ).

Yes, you can argue they probably would've lost Zu to FA, but you don't know that for sure ( especially if he was getting PT the rest of the season- which they needed BTW and weren't getting from the two guys they traded for ).

I'm ok with the way he left, because, like he said, had he sat down with Jeannie, she would've talked him into staying. And having a guy who doesn't really have his heart in it, isn't what this franchise needs.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic and Pelinka did some good drafting, but made some bad trades. The two at the trade deadline did absolutely nothing for the team except gut the team of some young talent.

Trading Russell ( a current all star player who is the engine driving the Nets in the playoffs ) to draft an oft injured Ball who can't shoot was a bad move. Yes, it netted them Kuzma, but they probably could've got him at 30 and just not got Hart ( who fell off the map this season ).

Yes, you can argue they probably would've lost Zu to FA, but you don't know that for sure ( especially if he was getting PT the rest of the season- which they needed BTW and weren't getting from the two guys they traded for ).

I'm ok with the way he left, because, like he said, had he sat down with Jeannie, she would've talked him into staying. And having a guy who doesn't really have his heart in it, isn't what this franchise needs.

They got the other first round pick for kuz because of the Moz dump. They would not been able to get kuz without it. Russell was a cancer at that time. Lakers made the right move getting rid of Russell at the time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All sorts of articles on Lake Show Life website about Kurt Rambis' wife and Jeanie running the Lakers like a country club for family only. If any of it is true, we are going to be in trouble for quite some time. Apparently Jeanie gets too cozy with people that are doing the work of the franchise instead of running it like a business. This is one reason why the Clippers are now considered THE LA franchise not the Lakers. It was Jim Buss who started the effed-up process and apparently Jeanie has done little to change that at least in the FO. So, we shall see how this all plays out with Rob Lowe lookalike running this developing dog and pony show.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All sorts of articles on Lake Show Life website about Kurt Rambis' wife and Jeanie running the Lakers like a country club for family only. If any of it is true, we are going to be in trouble for quite some time. Apparently Jeanie gets too cozy with people that are doing the work of the franchise instead of running it like a business. This is one reason why the Clippers are now considered THE LA franchise not the Lakers. It was Jim Buss who started the effed-up process and apparently Jeanie has done little to change that at least in the FO. So, we shall see how this all plays out with Rob Lowe lookalike running this developing dog and pony show.
Clippers will never be the LA franchise!!!!! Come on Retro!!! They havent won shit yet!! You gotta put down that National Enquire crap lol.