• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Madrid Open

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This been a very interesting tourney on the mens side on Djoker and Fed were eliminated in the 2nd and 3rd round of the tourney while Murray was defeated in the QF by Berdych.

Nadal won his SF match today and will face Berdych or Wawrinka while on the women's side it will be Serena vs Sharapova for #1 player in the world.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've boycotted watching Madrid this year because they gave in on the blue clay. Sure, the players want a monotonous season, but the reality is that casual fans don't care about watching five red clay tourneys. The ATP Tour needs variety, and getting rid of the blue clay made it clear the players have all the power. It's bad for the sport in the long run, and I think the fans should make it clear they won't tolerate it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the players were whiny bitches last year just over the freaking color of the clay.

I agree with you I don't care for watching 5 red clay tourneys also.

But hey the ATP allow the top players to run the show. If it was just sucky players bitching about it, the blue clay would still be here.

I actually thought the blue clay looked great

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very difficult to see the ball on TV on red clay. The players can whine all they want. If no one watches it will eventually go away. I probably wont even watch too much of the French, never mind this one. If it was not for the ball girls, I probably would not have tuned in at all.

Cant wait for the French to come and go so we can get back to real tennis.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very difficult to see the ball on TV on red clay. The players can whine all they want. If no one watches it will eventually go away. I probably wont even watch too much of the French, never mind this one. If it was not for the ball girls, I probably would not have tuned in at all.

Cant wait for the French to come and go so we can get back to real tennis.

I'm the same way. Right now I'm looking forward to grass season the US Open series