• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luke Schenn to Philly?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly.com. Toronto and Philly could be an interesting trade partner. I'll let you guys read into it. If Homer can get Luke, this would be great! Just google flyers trade rumor if you cannot find it under Philly.com.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i don't want to give up anything that is currently on our team. if they can acquire him with picks and/or phantoms so be it. (aside from shelley and lilja)

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For briere? sure. For harts, sure, for Carle? sure.

I think Burke will ask a ridiculous premium for Schenn. Giroux, b Schenn, Cooter, JVR & Read should all be all but untouchable now as I think their trade value is much higher then Luke currently(possible exception of Read).

They need a #1 center and I see DB's name all over that and it would give us cap room to pusire Suter in the off season.

Before you all yell at me being willing to trade Briere, ive been watching Schenn and he is the real deal couple that with the fact the Cooter shouldn't be on the 4th line and I think that gives us the leeway to lose his scoring. If tor wants JVR they have to throw in a 1st in my eyes and we'll send a 3rd their way.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For briere? sure. For harts, sure, for Carle? sure.

I think Burke will ask a ridiculous premium for Schenn. Giroux, b Schenn, Cooter, JVR & Read should all be all but untouchable now as I think their trade value is much higher then Luke currently(possible exception of Read).

They need a #1 center and I see DB's name all over that and it would give us cap room to pusire Suter in the off season.

Before you all yell at me being willing to trade Briere, ive been watching Schenn and he is the real deal couple that with the fact the Cooter shouldn't be on the 4th line and I think that gives us the leeway to lose his scoring. If tor wants JVR they have to throw in a 1st in my eyes and we'll send a 3rd their way.

i agree that briere is expendable (in the regular season).. schenn, coots, and talbot can center lines 2a, 2b, and 2c with no problems

i just worry about moving him for the playoffs.. cause there are very few C's (maybe like 5) out there that i'd want over briere in the playoffs

might as well:
crosby (if healthy)
giroux
h. sedin
toews

i think that might be it..

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want Homer to talk to Burke. I'd like Schenn, but Burke will want king's ransom for on of the many players the Leafs praise like Schenn. Werent some rumors from the Versteeg trade last year mention JVR?

Would be very cool the have the Schenn's though, and I am willing to part with JVR (Just not for Versteeg)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want Homer to talk to Burke. I'd like Schenn, but Burke will want king's ransom for on of the many players the Leafs praise like Schenn. Werent some rumors from the Versteeg trade last year mention JVR?

Would be very cool the have the Schenn's though, and I am willing to part with JVR (Just not for Versteeg)

heh ya there was.. burke loves jvr i think.. wanted jvr for versteeg straight up, homer went with a 1st and 3rd instead.. if they had gotten the versteeg that's playing in florida (what i thought we were getting) that would've been a steal

speaking of which.. anyone else surprised we still have that 2nd round pick? i would've thought that'd be traded away almost immediately

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh ya there was.. burke loves jvr i think.. wanted jvr for versteeg straight up, homer went with a 1st and 3rd instead.. if they had gotten the versteeg that's playing in florida (what i thought we were getting) that would've been a steal

speaking of which.. anyone else surprised we still have that 2nd round pick? i would've thought that'd be traded away almost immediately

JVR and and 2nd for Schenn. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome, JVR may surprise me but his cap hit next year really makes me sick.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR and and 2nd for Schenn. :)

You it backwards Schenn & a2nd for JVR. They NEED offense to the point where they have to pay and we don't need defense that bad to overpay. Also remember the pressure is on tor to make the playoffs so Burke has to do everything he can to accomplish that. Plus it is widely known Burke over values his players.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You it backwards Schenn & a2nd for JVR. They NEED offense to the point where they have to pay and we don't need defense that bad to overpay. Also remember the pressure is on tor to make the playoffs so Burke has to do everything he can to accomplish that. Plus it is widely known Burke over values his players.

The Leafs have two of the top scorers in the league in Kessel & Lupol & neither one of them did anything last night in their win. The Leafs don't need offense that badly. Defenseman are at a premium right now. Steve Yzerman recently said he's been trying to get a top 4 defenseman, but no team is willing to trade one right now.

Burke turned down a 2nd round pick for Cody Franson who at the time had been a healthy scratch for most of the season. If the Flyers or anyone else wants Schenn, he won't come cheap.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so I may have been reading HF's thread about this topic. Somone posted the following:

Apparently Burke was on the radio mentioning a trade was on the horizon and used an example of trading a young player of one position for a young player of another position

used a 22 year old for another 22 year old as an example

jvr is 22 so is schenn....if we trade jvr ill be so pissed.

And then someone linked it:

Brian Burke - SPORTSNET 590 The FAN Toronto - Audio on Demand

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs have two of the top scorers in the league in Kessel & Lupol & neither one of them did anything last night in their win. The Leafs don't need offense that badly. Defenseman are at a premium right now. Steve Yzerman recently said he's been trying to get a top 4 defenseman, but no team is willing to trade one right now.

Burke turned down a 2nd round pick for Cody Franson who at the time had been a healthy scratch for most of the season. If the Flyers or anyone else wants Schenn, he won't come cheap.

The leads have 0 secondary or tenerary scoring 2 players can but shut down easily come the playoffs. A 2nd for Franson seems reasonable, hence my comment of Burke over estimating his current players. Trades have to make sense for both sides. To give up JVR the Flyers need to get equal value in return, Schenn is that value, but JVR has a greater upside.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, just think with me for a second...

The Flyers make a deal to get both Schenns on the team.

Then, Homer splashes fuck up, goes all fucking out, and acquires PHIL FUCKING KESSEL AND WE HAVE BOTH TEH KESSELS AND TEH SCHENNZ!!!11!!!!111

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't say I have watched Luke much, but I know his ice time keeps going down. He is only at 16 min per night. SHouldn't that concern you? If I am trading major pieces like JVR, I want a guy who can step in and play. I know Carle isn't loved, but he plays on avearge 8-10 mor minutes every game on a deeper team.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think he gives up too many turnovers ,however he does hit guys and doesn't take a lot of penalties.

IMO JVR straight up is too much.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think he gives up too many turnovers ,however he does hit guys and doesn't take a lot of penalties.

IMO JVR straight up is too much.

Agreed and like PR pointed out, his TOI per game has been going down and that wouldn't be happening if he's playing at a high level.

or he's injured.

If thats the case, then THEY would have to sweeten the pot a bit more if they want this kid ---->

JVR.jpg