• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luke Kuechly retires

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Archery-GIF-11092017.gif

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...love me some Sean Lee but he's not close to Kuechly's results on the field

I was

Had it not been for Lee's numerous injuries and missed games, his numbers would be better. Wreckless and Wild takes its toll on LB's I guess.

Oh come on guys! Channel your inner PE1 and don't back down from stupid assertions!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bad for the league, Scooby.
I agree. losing good players in their prime is bad for the league.

However, I would not put AB in the same category as LK or even Gronk. Those 2 left on their terms, AB did not.

DallasSucks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a brittle bitch. Walking away from the game when he can still play.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the words of Luke Skywalker, "Amazing, every word of what you just said is wrong."
eG3zRpMWxzyndnRp6
Do the math.

'League' minus 'talent' equals 'less talented league.'

That should be very easy to compute even for a simpleton like you. But somehow someone convinced you to be a lesser man and not acknowledge mathematical facts. Good job, lady.:thumb:

An easy mathematical proof presents itself to you and you couldn't figure it out.:laugh3:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. losing good players in their prime is bad for the league.

However, I would not put AB in the same category as LK or even Gronk. Those 2 left on their terms, AB did not.
AB would have played with a simple piece of paper, also known as a waiver, allowing him to use the helmet he used to dominate the league more consistently than any WR ever.

His removal from the league lowered the level of talent at the position.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bad for the league to lose top talent. It leads directly to a less talented league.
I agree most of the time. With AB, it's more of addition by subtraction. Most everyone I know are happy he isn't playing.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the math.

'League' minus 'talent' equals 'less talented league.'

That should be very easy to compute even for a simpleton like you. But somehow someone convinced you to be a lesser man and not acknowledge mathematical facts. Good job, lady.:thumb:

An easy mathematical proof presents itself to you and you couldn't figure it out.:laugh3:

If there is less talent across the board how would we ever know the league is less talented?
giphy.gif

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB would have played with a simple piece of paper, also known as a waiver, allowing him to use the helmet he used to dominate the league more consistently than any WR ever.

Yes. The helmet is why he dominated. :L

Again, you are confused. He was not removed from the league. Oakland, New England...

Every other player can abide by the rules, but the league needs cater to AB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should replace AB with Luck. Brown is an idiot who is sabotaging his efforts to get back in the league. The early retirement trends will keep going. I'd retire after I had 10-20 million.

I'm not sure if that will become the norm, many of these players love the game, but football is strictly a business for some of these guys.

The Steelers had a OLB who was a backup for several years and finally got a chance to start full-time in his final rookie season. Had 7 or 8 sacks, with not much behind him, the Steelers tagged him...had a solid tag year. The tag yr paid him like $10 mil or so...they started to negotiate for a longer term deal...apparently he didn't like the money or the terms...he retired @ 26 y/o.

Jason Worilds

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were able to move past the helmet issue so that's not why he's no longer in the league. But to revisit it...if you look at that from both sides. I come away feeling like AB was simply over the top with his demands to wear equipment that the league had move on from....he had no scientific, or any other proof that the older helmet was safer...he simply liked it better.

On the other side...sure the league could have produced some type of waiver for him, but if they did that, they set themselves up for more players wanting non-approved gear...that imo is allowing the tail to wag the dog.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if that will become the norm, many of these players love the game, but football is strictly a business for some of these guys.

The Steelers had a OLB who was a backup for several years and finally got a chance to start full-time in his final rookie season. Had 7 or 8 sacks, with not much behind him, the Steelers tagged him...had a solid tag year. The tag yr paid him like $10 mil or so...they started to negotiate for a longer term deal...apparently he didn't like the money or the terms...he retired @ 26 y/o.

Jason Worilds
I'm sure a typo, but final rookie season?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the math.

'League' minus 'talent' equals 'less talented league.

Unfortunately you're not using the correct formula...

'League' minus 'Antonio Brown' equals addition by subtraction league...

'League' minus 'D. Hopkins; J. Jones; D. Adams; M. Thomas' equals less talented league

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree most of the time. With AB, it's more of addition by subtraction. Most everyone I know are happy he isn't playing.
Because ESPN and that hoe he jacked off on tricked them.

And they're too stupid to know better.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is less talent across the board how would we ever know the league is less talented?
giphy.gif
Go watch high school football and get back to me... Gee, I wonder why high school football or the arena league or nfl Europe aren't billion dollar enterprises.:scratch:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were able to move past the helmet issue so that's not why he's no longer in the league. But to revisit it...if you look at that from both sides. I come away feeling like AB was simply over the top with his demands to wear equipment that the league had move on from....he had no scientific, or any other proof that the older helmet was safer...he simply liked it better.

On the other side...sure the league could have produced some type of waiver for him, but if they did that, they set themselves up for more players wanting non-approved gear...that imo is allowing the tail to wag the dog.
Hockey was smart enough to grandfather in their veteran players.

Hey maybe The Rooney Rule has had an impact afterall!!!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately you're not using the correct formula...

'League' minus 'Antonio Brown' equals addition by subtraction league...

'League' minus 'D. Hopkins; J. Jones; D. Adams; M. Thomas' equals less talented league
And amazingly none of those incredibly talented players ever dominated as consistently as Antonio Brown dominated. Amazing!