• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Luke Gifford fractures arm

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9:45 p.m. – Rookie linebacker Luke Gifford injured his left arm in punt coverage during Sunday’s game against the Rams. He did not return and after the game head coach Jason Garrett confirmed the injury was serious.

“It doesn’t look good for Luke,” Garrett said. “I think he has a fracture up on his arm, so we will get more information on that. It doesn’t look good for him.”

While Sean Lee played an excellent game in his return from a pectoral injury, Gifford’s absence will still leave the Cowboys thin at linebacker as Leighton Vander Esch continues to be out with a neck injury. Backup linebacker Joe Thomas also left Sunday’s game with a knee injury, but it is not expected to be serious.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad. One of my "pet guys". I actually was excited to finally see him get some real snaps when Thomas went down...then of course they told us he was already down...I think this kid is going to be a contributor, but I guess not this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad. One of my "pet guys". I actually was excited to finally see him get some real snaps when Thomas went down...then of course they told us he was already down...I think this kid is going to be a contributor, but I guess not this year.
Yeah man, I like him too but he's gotta find a way to stay on the field

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FRISCO, Texas – The Cowboys have placed rookie linebacker Luke Gifford on Reserve/Injured and signed free agent Malcolm Smith following a scheduled workout.

Gifford is expected to have surgery for an arm fracture he sustained in last Sunday’s game against the Rams.

Smith played for Cowboys passing game coordinator Kris Richard in Seattle and was MVP of the Seahawks’ Super Bowl XLVIII victory in 2013. The 30-year-old linebacker played in two games for the Jaguars this season before his release in early November.

The Cowboys’ linebacker depth got thinner Sunday with injuries to backups Gifford and Joe Thomas, who hurt his knee in the first half against the Rams and did not return. Thomas’ availability this week against Eagles remains to be seen. Starting linebacker Leighton Vander Esch has missed the last four games with a neck injury.

No big surprise here, but figured should be posted.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke needs to get week and focus on next season. I wish him the best