• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LSU Dismisses Tyrann Mathieu

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch his film, he is not that great of a defensive back. This year, without Claiborne on the other side, I think he was going to be taken advantage of, big time!

He is a dynamic special teamer though.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hate to admit it and i know many disagree ... but i'm a big les miles fan .. dude is no bullshit but seems funny, querky, but a hell of a coach too

re: the honey-badger .. that's what the cocky-little guy gets .. he takes too many chances as a DB and got burned at times because of them .. reminds me of some of our previous DBs

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hate to admit it and i know many disagree ... but i'm a big les miles fan .. dude is no bullshit but seems funny, querky, but a hell of a coach too

re: the honey-badger .. that's what the cocky-little guy gets .. he takes too many chances as a DB and got burned at times because of them .. reminds me of some of our previous DBs

Whoever could you mean?

p-265247-ronyell-whitaker-autographed-hand-signed-virginia-tech-hokies-8x10-photo-pba-3489.jpg

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you watch his film, he is not that great of a defensive back. This year, without Claiborne on the other side, I think he was going to be taken advantage of, big time!

He is a dynamic special teamer though.

So if he decided to go to Virginia Tech, you wouldn't want him in the backfield? He is one of the best DBs out there in college football, and good for Les Miles at being fair and making the tough decisions.

"This is a very difficult day for our team," Miles said. "We lose a quality person, teammate and contributor to the program. However, with that being said, we have a standard that our players are held to and when that standard is not met, there are consequences."

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he decided to go to Virginia Tech, you wouldn't want him in the backfield? He is one of the best DBs out there in college football, and good for Les Miles at being fair and making the tough decisions.

"This is a very difficult day for our team," Miles said. "We lose a quality person, teammate and contributor to the program. However, with that being said, we have a standard that our players are held to and when that standard is not met, there are consequences."

With who we have, no.

I definitely wouldn't want him in my locker room. Fuller is exponentially better than him and I think that Exum is better as well, though somewhat new to the position. Jarrett is better than he is, and a lot more physical. Bonner is no worse.

I played DB and LB and know how to look at film. He was lucky to have Claiborne on the other side.

We do need a return man though.

He was exposed against big receivers.

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever something like this happens there are two things that amaze me:

1. Why anyone cares that people smoke pot.

2. Why people, knowing full well that smoking pot can ruin their life, do it anyway.

I feel bad for Tyrann, but he must be an idiot.

Edit: Context for this statement is he presumably failed 3 drug tests.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuller is exponentially better than him and I think that Exum is better as well, though somewhat new to the position. Jarrett is better than he is, and a lot more physical. Bonner is no worse.

I played DB and LB and know how to look at film. He was lucky to have Claiborne on the other side.

We do need a return man though.

He was exposed against big receivers.

Respectfully, Mathieu and Fuller may both be fruit, but they are apples and oranges. equally tasty.

Mathieu is an average cover corner at best, while Fuller is one of the best.

But, Mathieu is a game changing playmaker on defense, and is a player that any team would love to have if the litmus paper was different.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Why people, knowing full well that smoking pot can ruin their life, do it anyway.

Willie Nelson could get high just watching the Ducks practice. I can smell it just crossing the Oregon border.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some NFL team will take a chance and surely pick him up in the middle rounds (assuming he doesn't transfer to FCS or is not eligible). He just has the raw talent and "it" factor for some team not to want him. I would like to see him put on some weight, get more physical, and turn into a ball hawking free roaming safety type (like Troy Polamalu/Ed Reed). I think he could flourish in a role like that. It surely hurts LSU's team despite him not being a top notch cover man.

He deserves to be sent packing if he failed 3 freakin whiz quizzes anyhow. I would like to smoke a doobie from time to time too..but if I get caught I probably lose my job. Its no different for these athletes who get a full ride and blow it. They know the rules..and many of them think they are bigger than that. I am sure it pained Miles to do this, but I am sure he had no choice..

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why feel bad for him? He'll end up just like Janoris Jenkins. He'll go to a d2 school (I don't care what its called now) and still get drafted in the 1st two rounds of the draft next year

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why feel bad for him? He'll end up just like Janoris Jenkins. He'll go to a d2 school (I don't care what its called now) and still get drafted in the 1st two rounds of the draft next year

Mathieu is nowhere near the cover guy that Jenkins was.....if he's drafted that high it's because somebody really really needs a punt returner.

Whatsupppppppp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Jasper@JoshJasper30
@TM7_Era already transferred to McNeese! Staying in the boot #LA