• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lowry signs with the Raptors

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um a top free agent just signed

Lowry is a very good player, but not a franchise player. I am talking about LeBron, Melo (although he is overrated), Love, one of the top tier players in the league. Unless they find a way to add a piece like that to the core they already have, they are a 4/5 seed with no real shot to contend. Much like my Wizards.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowry is a very good player, but not a franchise player. I am talking about LeBron, Melo (although he is overrated), Love, one of the top tier players in the league. Unless they find a way to add a piece like that to the core they already have, they are a 4/5 seed with no real shot to contend. Much like my Wizards.
In the East, you can be the 2nd best team with good team chemistry and no stars. Like the Pacers back when they had chemistry

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the East, you can be the 2nd best team with good team chemistry and no stars. Like the Pacers back when they had chemistry

That only works if you want to finish 2nd.

The goal is not merely to get to the Finals, it is to win once you get there.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That only works if you want to finish 2nd.

The goal is not merely to get to the Finals, it is to win once you get there.
Of course the goal is to win it all but there is no shame in finishing 2nd.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly name anoter team right now better then the Raptors in the East

They had the best record in the east over the last 50 games of the season and the 4th overall

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly name anoter team right now better then the Raptors in the East

They had the best record in the east over the last 50 games of the season and the 4th overall

Bulls even without adding anyone else
Wizards
Indiana
maybe Brooklyn

There, that is 4 without the Heat, and none of these teams have a legit chance to win the title next year, unless the Bulls make a big move. The Raptors could not even get out of the first round in the horrible East.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Atlanta too.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Atlanta too.

Buddy you are smoking some crack man

Raptors are better then Atlanta,Wiz and Brooklyn

The Bulls maybe are better but that depends on if they do anything

Indiana is a tough team to read. They may go into the shitter after last year

The Raptors are coming up big time.

Again they had the best record in the east over the last 50 games to end the season

Now they are hungrier then ever after last season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again they had the best record in the east over the last 50 games to end the season

You are basing all of your assumptions on half of the regular season. Your team lost to the Nets in the playoffs last year without their best player, who will be back next year. There is a reason that Brooklyn tanked at the end of the regular season. They thought the Raptors were weaker than the Bulls, and they were able to advance.

The Wizards made it to the 2nd round and their 2 best players are on the rise. They were able to beat the team the Nets didn't want to face.

There is no case you can make to suggest that the Raptors are better than the Pacers, with or without the drama.

You are viewing your team with rose colored glasses. I know the limitations of mine, but I think if you polled the neutral people on this site, they would agree that the Wizards are better.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, that would be your mayor.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are basing all of your assumptions on half of the regular season. Your team lost to the Nets in the playoffs last year without their best player, who will be back next year. There is a reason that Brooklyn tanked at the end of the regular season. They thought the Raptors were weaker than the Bulls, and they were able to advance.

The Wizards made it to the 2nd round and their 2 best players are on the rise. They were able to beat the team the Nets didn't want to face.

There is no case you can make to suggest that the Raptors are better than the Pacers, with or without the drama.

You are viewing your team with rose colored glasses. I know the limitations of mine, but I think if you polled the neutral people on this site, they would agree that the Wizards are better.

The Raptors lost a 7 game series missing the last shot against a team that had more playoff ex and the refs calling everything for them

The Raptors will be better because of that series.
Obviously you are discounting them having again the best record in the east in the last 50 games
Its all good though, just another NBA fan to prove wrong.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raptors lost a 7 game series missing the last shot against a team that had more playoff ex and the refs calling everything for them

Obviously you are discounting them having again the best record in the east in the last 50 games

They lost a 7 game series in which they had home court. Don't blame the refs, that is what fans of losing teams do.

Yes, I am discounting the fact that they had the best record in the East over the last 50 games. The Heat weren't trying, the Pacers were fighting each other and the rest of the East was completely and totally irrelevant last year.

The Raptors very well may be better from this series, but I believe they over-achieved in the regular season. They are a solid playoff squad, but they are not contenders. Sorry.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How can you say the Raptors are better than Brooklyn? You just lost a 7-game series to them, with home court.

The Bulls with Rose are title contenders.

Saying they're hungrier after last season is throwing out alot of whatifs. What if the Clippers are hungrier? What if the Cavs are hungrier? Hunger doesn't win titles.

Keeping Lowry was nice, and the development of DeRozan is coming along nicely. But stop thinking that the Raptors are now all of a sudden the team to beat in the East. I haven't even started off with Washington, and they look like they make keep all of their talented core of Ariza, Wall, Beal, Nene, and Gortat.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, you need to drop that line. Claiming to have the best record in the East over the last 50 games is like claiming to be a gold medalist in the special olympics - no one cares.

Miami clearly tanked in hopes of resting players as did the Nets as tlance just mentioned for seeding in a favorable part of the playoff bracket. The Raptors are sure improving, I will give you that, but stop with this whole you're the best team in the East now.

And also, the refs cost you? I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you need to drop that line. Claiming to have the best record in the East over the last 50 games is like claiming to be a gold medalist in the special olympics - no one cares.

Miami clearly tanked in hopes of resting players as did the Nets as tlance just mentioned for seeding in a favorable part of the playoff bracket. The Raptors are sure improving, I will give you that, but stop with this whole you're the best team in the East now.

And also, the refs cost you? I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

Looks like I touched a nerve. Must mean the Raps are on your mind

Damn straight I think the Raps are one of the teams to beat in the East.

The Nets rested players? Buddy what were you watching? They had to claw into the playoffs remember.
ANd I think the last 50 games is a true indication of this team. That was when they traded Gay and the entire season changed.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I touched a nerve. Must mean the Raps are on your mind

Damn straight I think the Raps are one of the teams to beat in the East.

The Nets rested players? Buddy what were you watching? They had to claw into the playoffs remember.
ANd I think the last 50 games is a true indication of this team. That was when they traded Gay and the entire season changed.
:lol: No, not at all. I, like tlance am a realistic thinker. Have the Raptors ever been out of the first round? Lowry is a good talent as is DeRozan, but at the end of the day - talent wins titles as well as team chemistry. The Raptors may have the latter down, but they're still lacking in the former. As much as I hate the Bulls, I'll take Rose and company over any team in the East, outside of what Miami looks like (pending Lebron and other factors).

The Heat were just as mediocre as the Pacers over the last couple of months, but who were the two teams in the Eastern conference finals?