• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Love watching these young QB's.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Purdy does allow them to throw outside the numbers more than JimmyG did as well but obviously, you are right in that the offense is the most QB friendly offense a kid could fall into and with that dominant a defense, Purdy just has to stay calm and within himself. I like the kid but time will tell. Not going to anoint him as the new Montana or anything yet. But he seems to have the right goods between the ears so far. Yesterday was his biggest test so far but next week is ramped up big time for him. We will have to see how he does.
Except that he doesn’t throw outside the numbers. The overwhelming majority of balls he throws are in between the hash marks.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that he doesn’t throw outside the numbers. The overwhelming majority of balls he throws are in between the hash marks.
He does throw outside the numbers with more accuracy than JimmyG did. There aren't many throws because Shanahan's offense is primarily runs and down the middle but to say he doesn't do it just isn't true. Even with JimmyG, they did on occasion but it rarely worked with JimmyG and often led to mistakes from Jimmy. The offense is still the offense as it is designed but Purdy has made some good throws outside.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lance couldnt take the job from Jimmy G.
They had to give it to him.
& Brock Purdy has ran this offense way better than Jimmy G ever has.
Jimmy G ran offense. They score just enough points. Purdy's offense score points. Defense is the same bad ass defense.
Eventually Purdy will lose & all the naysayers will come out. But even then. The sky is not falling. He is the best of the lot (& cheap)

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lance couldnt take the job from Jimmy G.
They had to give it to him.
& Brock Purdy has ran this offense way better than Jimmy G ever has.
Jimmy G ran offense. They score just enough points. Purdy's offense score points. Defense is the same bad ass defense.
Eventually Purdy will lose & all the naysayers will come out. But even then. The sky is not falling. He is the best of the lot (& cheap)
I think bringing in CMC was huge. They were 3-3 before they signed him and then went 10-1 the rest of the way. Good coaching is obviously part of the mix but that seemed to have been a turning point for them.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think bringing in CMC was huge. They were 3-3 before they signed him and then went 10-1 the rest of the way. Good coaching is obviously part of the mix but that seemed to have been a turning point for them.
adding C-Mac definitely cant hurt.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best in season trade in years.