• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lots of changes to the Bruins roster

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was checking out off season transactions in the NHL this season, and when I looked at the Bruins I noticed they had a lot of roster moves this offseason. Just a summary of my findings,

Draft Picks
Linus Arnesson
Peter Cehlarik
Ryan Fitzgerald
Wiley Sherman
Anton Blidh
Mitchell Dempsey

Free Agency

Gained

Jarome Iginla
Mike Moore
Nick Johnson
Chad Johnson
Lost:

Nathan Horton
Jaromir Jagr
Andrew Ference
Anton Khudobin
Jamie Tardiff
Michael Hutchonson
Aaron Johnson

Trades
Gained
:
Luol Eriksson
Joe Morrow
Reilly Smith
Matt Fraser
Lost:

Tyler Seguin
Rich Peverly
Ryan Button

I think the key acquisitions will be Jarome Iginla, Luol Eriksson, & Joe Morrow while the key losses will be Nathan Horton, Jaromir Jagr, Tyler Seguin, Rich Peverly, & Andrew Ference. Bruins have generally maintained their core players and I think they got some young guys who could fill voids left by former players, but it's hard to say if they're better or worse than last season. What do you guys think?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mind the losses so much (cosidering the $$$ paid to them), and I hated to see Horton go, but I get it. Jagr was just rent ... Seguin too much $$$ (good luck in Dallas) ... Peverly (no big deal, but a good, solid player with speed) ... Ference (always liked his grittiness and toughness but got outmatched too many times - hope he does well back at home in Alberta).

I'm hoping for good things with Iggy and Morrow ... we shall see though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, lot of those moves meant financial sense. Eriksson should be a good player as well. With the new cap seems like the top teams were more about letting people go than picking people up. Kind of a good thing IMO because now they're forced to go to the farm, which gives young guys a chance to play.