• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lost Last 6/7 Lions @ 1 W REDSKINS

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwayne Haskins career breakout game 45/47 for 575 yards 5 TDs 1 rush TD

Redskins 53
Lions 52

Patricia goes for 2 at end of game and Bevell calls a delayed HB draw to Ashawn Robinson to lose it.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recalled some odd history that the Lions never win in Washington. The only win in Washington came in 2013? Is that for real? WTF??? I thought they won a game in the 60s there, but I can't find a win in Washington other than the 2013 game. That's really freaking odd.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recalled some odd history that the Lions never win in Washington. The only win in Washington came in 2013? Is that for real? WTF??? I thought they won a game in the 60s there, but I can't find a win in Washington other than the 2013 game. That's really freaking odd.

Don’t beat yourself up. It’s hard to find Lions road wins in most cities.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 2013. You'd need to go all the way back to the Boston Redskins for a win on the road.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been extremely difficult for me to get excited for Sunday football, and it has nothing to do with the Lions. Hell, I've been through this kind of incompetence with the Lions nearly every year for over 50 years.

But when you see a defensive back with his back to the ball pushing on the chest of the WR who's turned around to catch the ball, and the ball isn't even in sight yet, and the booth review says 'nope, no pass interference', then the integrity of the game has gone to shit.

Sorry about that run-on sentence.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions Week 12 scouting report: Washington is hella bad

Biggest weakness: Offensive line

In his two starts for Washington, Dwayne Haskins has been sacked 10 times. Overall, the picture isn’t quite as bad (22nd in sacks allowed, 17th in pass block win rate)—suggesting Haskins is a bit culpable for the sacks—but many of the team’s struggles can also be explained by poor line play.

The Dwayne Haskins era is off to a rough start. He’s completing just 58.2 percent of his passes at 6.3 yards per attempt, and he has five interceptions to just two touchdowns in four game appearances (two starts). That’s an overall passer rating of 58.0.

Also bad: Secondary (26th in passer rating, t-25th in yards per attempt), quarterback

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been extremely difficult for me to get excited for Sunday football, and it has nothing to do with the Lions. Hell, I've been through this kind of incompetence with the Lions nearly every year for over 50 years.

But when you see a defensive back with his back to the ball pushing on the chest of the WR who's turned around to catch the ball, and the ball isn't even in sight yet, and the booth review says 'nope, no pass interference', then the integrity of the game has gone to shit.

This is why once strong and profitable business eventually fail. Because over time the founders and their values get pushed out of the door by younger generations looking to reinvent the wheel. The NFL has been on a steady decline in multiple areas since Goodell took over.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I 'll start my Christmas decorating a little early this Sunday. I'll have the game on of course but probably won't be on the couch all afternoon like I normally would.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After the officiating fiasco in GB a few weeks back.
My level of interest has dropped significantly.
People can say... Oh the offense should of scored TD's.
The fact is that it's just "good business" for the NFL to have it's big market teams win on prime time.
In the end, the NFL is a product that it's delivering to customers.
Just has an incredible WWE vibe nowadays.
It wont matter if we are picking high in the draft or middle of the 1st.
If you don't have any players the NFL wants to market on your team, you won't be getting the calls.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest weakness: Offensive line

Tre Flowers might have a nice day but I wouldn't expect much pressure from the rest of the underachievers on our D-line.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre Flowers might have a nice day but I wouldn't expect much pressure from the rest of the underachievers on our D-line.

Flowers still has not practiced this week. I do agree that even if he doesn't play he will be the most productive player on the line.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limited production for Lions' Jesse James trending further downward

Bryant deadline looms
The Lions are faced with a decision this week about rookie defensive end Austin Bryant, who needs to be activated for his debut soon or shelved for the whole year.

The fourth-round pick out of Clemson returned to practice in late October after aggravating the pectoral muscle he had surgically repaired in the offseason.

A 21-day window to activate Bryant expires this week, which would force him to miss the entire season if the team keeps him off the 53-man roster.

“Trying to make sure we had enough padded practices, we had enough repetition just in general to get him kind of caught up to where he was at,” Patricia said. “We’re just continuing to take a look at it.”

The forgotten member of a dominant Tigers defensive line that had three players selected in the first round, Bryant earned third-team All-ACC honors in 2018 with 44 tackles and eight sacks, despite playing with the torn pec.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions activate 4th-round rookie Austin Bryant, place FB Nick Bawden on IR

We may finally get our first look at Detroit Lions fourth-round pick Austin Bryant very soon. The edge defender has officially been activated from injured reserve by the Lions and is now eligible to play starting this week.

Bryant fits more a jack linebacker role for the Lions, which is a position that is currently filled by Devon Kennard. It’s unlikely that Bryant gets a heavy workload right away. It’s far more likely that he fills in for some special teams and sees some defensive play in some subpackages. But as the season rolls along and Detroit’s playoff chances are eventually mathematically eliminated, we’ll likely see Bryant get his feet wet before 2020.

Unfortunately, to make room for Bryant, the Lions have placed fullback Nick Bawden on injured reserve, ending his season.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We may finally get our first look at Detroit Lions fourth-round pick Austin Bryant very soon. The edge defender has officially been activated from injured reserve by the Lions and is now eligible to play starting this week.

Bryant fits more a jack linebacker role for the Lions, which is a position that is currently filled by Devon Kennard. It’s unlikely that Bryant gets a heavy workload right away. It’s far more likely that he fills in for some special teams and sees some defensive play in some subpackages. But as the season rolls along and Detroit’s playoff chances are eventually mathematically eliminated, we’ll likely see Bryant get his feet wet before 2020.

Unfortunately, to make room for Bryant, the Lions have placed fullback Nick Bawden on injured reserve, ending his season.

Can't hurt to give him a try. Might provide some juice to the pass rush.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If it means Kennard can move to a more traditional LB role that would help because we are very weak there. Also noone has really done well on the edge other than Flowers.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1