• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Los Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with nearly an entire new roster and a new coaching staff, the new Lakers 2020 season is upon us. With one preseason game completed, these new Lakers look very different than the old Lakers. Shooters have emphasized the this new roster, potential dominance in the paint is present, and defense may be emerging. Frank Vogel has excellent talent at each position and this team appears to be a very good one. We shall see if these Lakers can bring home another championship we have all been waiting for over a decade!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team can stay healthy, it should be a fun season.

In that first pre-season game, AD looked good and he and Lebron looked like they've been playing together for awhile.

Between AD, Dwight, Javale and to an extent, Lebron...this should be a very good rebounding team.

It probably take a little while for them to get the rotations settled and I don't expect them to worry too much about seeding, so they may well be a team that starts slow.

If that happens, that's fine. You don't win titles in October and November. You win them in May and June.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see how everyone fits in Vogel's schemes. We are very deep at all positions and we have people in the G league who can step in like John Stockton's son who we recently signed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Nets-Lakers game is all the way over in Shanghai for cryin' out loud. Silverman and his delusions of grandeur!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram does not fit with N/O IMO. He will be in Zions shadow. He does not look good with them.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Ingram will be gone by the trade deadline.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers lose to Nets but were still impressive leading in the third quarter. Vogel pulled his starters and didn't press to get the win because it is preseason and the Lakers made the long trip to China. James had 25, Rondo had 18, and AD added 16.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets win again as the Lakers are taking a more mild protective approach to this preseason. Comin back to the states soon.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets win again as the Lakers are taking a more mild protective approach to this preseason. Comin back to the states soon.

Yep.

AD got pulled quicker than Ingram in that summer league game. Only thing missing was Magic with the "no more" gesture. Lol

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great thing is... we don't have to wait on Ingram or ball taking the next step or we would be doomed. We have a team of veterans and proven winners!! Some have won championship or been deep in the playoffs. This years team should have been built last off-season, just glade someone magic(ly) disappeared.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great thing is... we don't have to wait on Ingram or ball taking the next step or we would be doomed. We have a team of veterans and proven winners!! Some have won championship or been deep in the playoffs. This years team should have been built last off-season, just glade someone magic(ly) disappeared.

Yeah, it was fun watching the kids grow up. But at the same time, they kept getting hurt, especially Ingram and Lonzo, which hurt their development.

Remember when everyone thought Pelinka was the problem? Now, it looks like he may have been the only one who knew what he was doing (besides Jeanie who continued to support him).

I'm still amazed at what he was able to put together when Kawhi chose the Clips. He's taken some chances on some guys that so far, look like they may pay off.

Also interesting is that this is a big team by today's standards, but looks to be athletic enough that it may not be too much of an issue for them.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it was fun watching the kids grow up. But at the same time, they kept getting hurt, especially Ingram and Lonzo, which hurt their development.

Remember when everyone thought Pelinka was the problem? Now, it looks like he may have been the only one who knew what he was doing (besides Jeanie who continued to support him).

I'm still amazed at what he was able to put together when Kawhi chose the Clips. He's taken some chances on some guys that so far, look like they may pay off.

Also interesting is that this is a big team by today's standards, but looks to be athletic enough that it may not be too much of an issue for them.
I agree. Just think if he knew Kawhi was headed to the Clipper before free-agency had begun. I must say, he still had a great back up plan if Kawhi did not sign with the Lakers. I still believe Kawhi played the Lakers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Just think if he knew Kawhi was headed to the Clipper before free-agency had begun. I must say, he still had a great back up plan if Kawhi did not sign with the Lakers. I still believe Kawhi played the Lakers.

Yeah, that was the thing I remember Kobe saying about him when the Lakers hired him. Basically, he described him as a front office version of Kobe in that, he's always working and always has backup plans to his backup plans.

I don't think Kawhi played the Lakers, I think Magic's big mouth doomed them. Kawhi makes it very clear that he doesn't want anything leaked. He meets with Magic to get Magic's perspective on what happened last year and what's the first thing Magic does?... leak details of the meeting. :L

Having said that, I can definitely see why folks might think he played the Lakers. It could very well be that he planned on going to the Clippers all along and Magic just gave him some cover.

But considering the timing of everything, I think it's more likely that the Clippers were the front runner but it was contingent on them landing another star level player. If they hadn't landed PG, I think Kawhi is likely a Laker despite Magic's big mouth.

Last edited:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebron is still running around China selling T-Shirts. :noidea: