• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lorenzen Wright's Wife charged with murder.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2018/01/08/former-nba-player-lorenzen-wrights-ex-wife-waives-extradition-murder-case/1003802001/

They had 7 kids.

Their twin sons had been living with their mom until this:

www.pe.com/2017/05/25/twin-sons-of-murdered-former-nba-star-lorenzen-wright-getting-a-new-start-at-murrieta-mesa/

She was arrested while taking the twin sons to their basketball game.

I unofficially read that they scored 30 and 20 that night.

The kids didn't even know or think that way about her until she was arrested.

$277 for a dinner and a movie?

This Broad Ain’t Isht! Murdered NBA Baller Lorenzen Wright’s Shady Ex-Wife Spends $1 Million Insurance Payout In 10 Months

If Wright made $55M in his career, let's say $33 M after taxes, why would she kill him for a $1M insurance payout?

Didn't he have a lot more than that saved, that she and the kids could live off of?

Couldn't she have splurged with the existing resources?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
www.desertsun.com/story/news/crime_courts/2018/01/08/former-nba-player-lorenzen-wrights-ex-wife-waives-extradition-murder-case/1003802001/

They had 7 kids.

Their twin sons had been living with their mom until this:

www.pe.com/2017/05/25/twin-sons-of-murdered-former-nba-star-lorenzen-wright-getting-a-new-start-at-murrieta-mesa/

She was arrested while taking the twin sons to their basketball game.

I unofficially read that they scored 30 and 20 that night.

The kids didn't even know or think that way about her until she was arrested.

$277 for a dinner and a movie?

This Broad Ain’t Isht! Murdered NBA Baller Lorenzen Wright’s Shady Ex-Wife Spends $1 Million Insurance Payout In 10 Months

If Wright made $55M in his career, let's say $33 M after taxes, why would she kill him for a $1M insurance payout?

Didn't he have a lot more than that saved, that she and the kids could live off of?

Couldn't she have splurged with the existing resources?

IF she in fact did it, I won't apply a reasonable person standard in trying to determine why anyone does anything. I mean, a person who would kill for $1 Million didn't save money? Shocker! I haven't done the research to know how long she could have been saving money on the side, just in case they got a divorce or he died. Maybe she did but she won't divulge it. 1 million more is 1 million more. One who murders probably doesn't have a concept of "this is enough." She could have seen him as depleting her money and it was not just for the insurance?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF she in fact did it, I won't apply a reasonable person standard in trying to determine why anyone does anything. I mean, a person who would kill for $1 Million didn't save money? Shocker! I haven't done the research to know how long she could have been saving money on the side, just in case they got a divorce or he died. Maybe she did but she won't divulge it. 1 million more is 1 million more. One who murders probably doesn't have a concept of "this is enough." She could have seen him as depleting her money and it was not just for the insurance?

Good point.

He had been playing in the NBA through 2009 though. He was murdered in 2010. It's possible he could have found work elsewhere and helped make money that way for both of them. He was only 1 year removed from his NBA playing career.

The way I see it is that he could probably still play, and him alive is more valuable. But that's my reasonable way of seeing it.

I haven't read anything negative like he was draining resources or doing anything bad.

They had also arrested someone else who went to the same church as Lorenzen just a few weeks prior to arresting the wife, last month. So I'm not sure what evidence the police have, and how they're interpreting it.

Lorenzen Wright’s ex-wife and his accused killer attended church together

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

He had been playing in the NBA through 2009 though. He was murdered in 2010. It's possible he could have found work elsewhere and helped make money that way for both of them. He was only 1 year removed from his NBA playing career.

The way I see it is that he could probably still play, and him alive is more valuable. But that's my reasonable way of seeing it.

I haven't read anything negative like he was draining resources or doing anything bad.

They had also arrested someone else who went to the same church as Lorenzen just a few weeks prior to arresting the wife, last month. So I'm not sure what evidence the police have, and how they're interpreting it.

Lorenzen Wright’s ex-wife and his accused killer attended church together

Maybe he was going to divorce? Or his playing days are over so he was no longer necessary for her. Even if they saved money, she will take that plus the insurance. The insurance might be an outlier motivation. Maybe he caught her cheating and she did something. We don't know.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he was going to divorce? Or his playing days are over so he was no longer necessary for her. Even if they saved money, she will take that plus the insurance. The insurance might be an outlier motivation. Maybe he caught her cheating and she did something. We don't know.

Sigh. You're right. There's so many negative possibilities.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also interested in this case, because I like how the twin sons are thinking about their dad.

This is from one of the links I posted above.

MURRIETA — Lorenzen Wright has been gone for almost seven years, but for twin sons Lamar and Shamar, their father is never farther than watching game tape from his NBA days, particularly if they’ve had a tough game.

Then they are reminded.

“We still go back and watch his film and remember how he used to play — he used to play to win every time,” said Lamar Wright, who, along with twin brother Shamar transferred to Murrieta Mesa from Stephen F. Austin High School in Sugar Land, Texas, last month. “Whenever we’re on the court, we just think, ‘Well, how would my dad be playing right now?’

“When I have a bad game, he’d be thinking like, ‘You’ve got to be more aggressive, even offensively. Play defense, with effort, you can always rebound your best.’”

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update. Is there any evidence that he beat his ex-wife?

If she didn't do it for the life insurance money, and if he never beat her, then then did she have any other reason or motivation for killing him?