• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Bears going to hire Eberflus

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would be a Good move IMO

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears getting back to playing defense and running the football?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and well, that depends on who they hire for OC.
Id imagine it has to be someone who takes advantage of Fields mobility more than Nagy did.

NFC North seems pretty wide open moving forward.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id imagine it has to be someone who takes advantage of Fields mobility more than Nagy did.

I'm not sure if this would factor in at all, but Eberflus is coming out of a system that used their running back a TON. Jonathan Taylor has been a beast for them and the Bears have 2 solid backs. Hmm.

And as afar as the NFC North goes, well that 100% depends on Aaron Rodgers decision in the off season. He opts out of Green Bay, then yes, the NFC North will be up for grabs.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How worried should Bears fans be if the Bears go Kafka for OC?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad for Doug Pederson. Doesn't look like he will get another head coaching job.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if this would factor in at all, but Eberfus is coming out of a system that used their running back a TON. Jonathan Taylor has been a beast for them and the Bears have 2 solid backs. Hmm.
Id imagine every single person involved with the Colts is also disappointed with the Wentz trade so they've already seen a solid team try to 'fake' the QB position and watch it fail.

Not sure about Kafka as a Bears coach but he is a Northwestern guy who was a pretty good college QB and was in the KC system. Those all seem to point to someone who should have football IQ. Teams certainly aren't going to play the Bears the same way teams played the Chiefs. Chiefs are forced into quick passes. I suspect that teams will force Fields to make big plays. It doesn't seem like the cleanest fit now but maybe with a different roster 2-3 years from now that could be a fit.

Whoever comes in for the Bears, best to my knowledge, has to figure out their oline and then bring in some WRs and CBs. I thought Teven Jenkins was a stud RT coming out of college but not a LT. Borom was a project but could actually be your LT. I might be biased here.

All I know is that whoever comes in basically has to maximize Fields and your pass rush and leverage that into wins. I think there will be a temptation to sell off the pass rushers but Im not sure you'll get what they're worth when thats the strength of the draft this year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel bad for Doug Pederson. Doesn't look like he will get another head coaching job.
We will take him as OC. I really hope they don’t bring in a drastically different offense than the one Nagy used. They just need someone better to run it.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears getting back to playing defense and running the football?
That has always been their bread and butter. Of course, part of that is they never had a QB worth a damn for the most part. Unless we count Cutler in the "worth a damn" catagory.
Now they really need to get the right guy to coach Fields and get the most out of him. I think the potential is there for him to be successful if they do that.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has always been their bread and butter. Of course, part of that is they never had a QB worth a damn for the most part. Unless we count Cutler in the "worth a damn" catagory.
Now they really need to get the right guy to coach Fields and get the most out of him. I think the potential is there for him to be successful if they do that.

Exactly, whoever they hire as OC will be critical to Fields success.