• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking like another season in the 7-9 range

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, we could win out and still not make the playoffs. We are dead last in our division with a horrible conference record.

The Good: The o-line has been "better" in a relative sense. Also, we have not been blown out yet. Every single loss has been close and every game we have played has been winnable late. I think just about every loss has been single digits. Rivers and Gates look good and healthy. Matthews and Woodhead have been surprises. I think we are close, but already can't wait for next year.

The Bad: We absolutely cannot cover. It will be hard to get a franchise DB if we fall too far in the draft. Also, our o-line still needs work. Next year we will need a center (Hardwick will retire soon), at least 1 guard, and depth at tackle (keep getting hurt there). That's 3 picks needed on o-line and at least 1 or 2 on DB's.

Doesn't leave much room for playmakers, LB's, or D-line. Are we better off losing at this point? What if we got a top 8 pick, which we could trade to drop a few spots and pick up an extra 2/3 pick? I root for my team, but we don't even control our own destiny at this point. Plus we knew this was going to be a couple/few years process.