• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking Forward

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more and more talk about Bill Belichick being 68 years old and might be considering retirement.

After watching him go after guys in free agency and resigning former players, I think Bill is looking at the road in front him with a much more serious eye.

he may be 68, but he's only 36 wins away from Don Shula. Shula coached for 33 years and coached during the 12 and 14 game seasons. Belichick has been a head coach for 24 years and it's been through the 16 and now 17 game season. Shula never had to deal with free agency or a salary cap. So there are arguments on both sides.

I would guess that Bill plans to coach until he's 73, that's this year and four more. If he wins an average of 9 games a year, he'll pass Shula in 2025. Of course, if he makes the playoffs, that 9 wins will be three or four more ech year and he might go by Shula in 2023.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more and more talk about Bill Belichick being 68 years old and might be considering retirement.

After watching him go after guys in free agency and resigning former players, I think Bill is looking at the road in front him with a much more serious eye.

he may be 68, but he's only 36 wins away from Don Shula. Shula coached for 33 years and coached during the 12 and 14 game seasons. Belichick has been a head coach for 24 years and it's been through the 16 and now 17 game season. Shula never had to deal with free agency or a salary cap. So there are arguments on both sides.

I would guess that Bill plans to coach until he's 73, that's this year and four more. If he wins an average of 9 games a year, he'll pass Shula in 2025. Of course, if he makes the playoffs, that 9 wins will be three or four more ech year and he might go by Shula in 2023.
I'd say 1 year at a time...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB is one of those guys I can see dying on the field. We are so lucky and blessed to have had him and TB12 at the same time.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So by my reckoning he will play until he has;
At least 37 more wins to pass Shula.
And
At least 2 more Superbowl wins to pass Brady.

I'll be good with that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems clear that Bill stocked up on players in their prime with a lot of good years ahead.
That seems the opposite of win now mentality. Doesnt seem like someone ready to retire.
That said, I'm growing weary of all who would say they know what Belichick is thinking.
Would you really want a coach that was so small that his every move was so obvious to everyone?