• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking Forward

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't think they'd be any better.

Ready to get past this and move on from post Brady. We all knew this was coming.

Let's see what the next two decade holds?
Not only did we know it was coming, we had about five bonus years including two super bowl wins and another appearance. He was 37 for the Seattle win and that's reasonable, but the wins at 39 and 41 were pure bonus.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised that the local media hasn't tried to at least fil some of the work out on the back field. Tom Curran has been reporting from Gillette since last week and has said that players have taken the field. It would be nice to see them in tee-shirts and shorts throwing and catching passes. At least the PGA Championship is on and looks like it will be competitive.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised that the local media hasn't tried to at least fil some of the work out on the back field. Tom Curran has been reporting from Gillette since last week and has said that players have taken the field. It would be nice to see them in tee-shirts and shorts throwing and catching passes. At least the PGA Championship is on and looks like it will be competitive.

Golf - a nice wlk ruined.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think BK will be walking while he watches the PGA championship? Maybe a few trips to the fridge would be my guess...

I walk my dog twice a day every day. Rain, sleet, snow. She'll be 15 next month and never complains. So I can't complain considering she 35 years older than me.

PGA Championship is boring this year. Too much conservative play. I played golf for twenty five years and was never a 'good' golfer. I can honestly say that I never let any golf course dictate how I would play. I attacked a course and always played every hole to score under par. Double and triple bogies were most common. As good as these guys are wgo are playing today and tomorrow, every one of them should be even par at the very worst.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I walk my dog twice a day every day. Rain, sleet, snow. She'll be 15 next month and never complains. So I can't complain considering she 35 years older than me.

PGA Championship is boring this year. Too much conservative play. I played golf for twenty five years and was never a 'good' golfer. I can honestly say that I never let any golf course dictate how I would play. I attacked a course and always played every hole to score under par. Double and triple bogies were most common. As good as these guys are wgo are playing today and tomorrow, every one of them should be even par at the very worst.
I wasn't trying to say I thought you live a completely sedentary life, just that the comment "golf - a nice walk ruined" was against your context of watching the event.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played "golf" as a yopung man.
We'd take a beating on Sundays and "golf" was a way to loosen up.

We played "race golf"
Number of strokes ws meaningless. 1st man to finish was the winner. Really it looked more like polo.
A run to the finish was most likely.

Hitting a car trumped everything though.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to say I thought you live a completely sedentary life, just that the comment "golf - a nice walk ruined" was against your context of watching the event.

Do you realize he was mocking golf by saying his walk was ruined by playing golf during the walk?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played "golf" as a yopung man.
We'd take a beating on Sundays and "golf" was a way to loosen up.

We played "race golf"
Number of strokes ws meaningless. 1st man to finish was the winner. Really it looked more like polo.
A run to the finish was most likely.

Hitting a car trumped everything though.....
Race golf, I like that idea. Would've enjoyed it more as a kid I'm sure. I don't need it now. My game has gotten worse. Now I play military golf; left, right, left, right. So I get enough exercise chasing that stupid little white ball around.

I think I figured out part of my problem. I've been standing too close to the ball after I hit it

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The celebrated quote, “golf is a good walk spoiled”, is generally attributed to Mark Twain"
Roger, just wasn't sure if NE was tracking that?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golf is the game I love to hate or hate to love. I'm still undecided:scratch:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a fun Saturday night, eh?

There is no relaxing on a golf course. Unless the closest to a tee that you get is the clubhouse. My greatest joy was playing on Indigo Creek in Mertyl Beach and I spent thirty minutes picking up the balls in the woods next to a pond. I was playing by myself about six in the evening. It was the fourth course of the day. I stuffed 32 balls in my bag and threw back at least 20. At the time, the Titlists and Callaways cost about $2.00 a ball and I was playing with $.50 balls. I proved myself right. I couldn't hit Titlist with a wood or hit it straight.

Golf is more than a good walk ruined, it's a day destroyed. But I did it at least three days a week for 15 years from April until November. Had to have spent no less than $25,000 on greens fees alone.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great argument on the tube........

If Brady had stayed in New England.................would the Patriots be any better than they were in 2019?

Brady had an hour long press conference in Tampa Bay after the Bucs practice and basically said that he didn't have the surrounding cast to be successful in New England and that the Bucs are making every effort to put everything in place to be a winner. So he wasn't better than a 50% completion passer because the Patriots didn't surround him with better players? From the fifteen or so minutes that I've been able to hear, it was more about TB12 selling Tom Brady and blaming other people for his brand suffering in 2019. Maybe I'm wrong, but he's selling 2014 Tom Brady to the Tampa Bay area. Amazing the media coverage that's been allowed to access the practices and the players in TB. Hundreds of Brady and Gronk photos in their Buccaneer tee shirts. Just today, I'v seen at ;east an hour of video clips of the Bucs practice and of course most of it Brady throwing passes to different receivers.

Back to original question because it appears that this question was the big one after Brady's press conference.

It appears that the general concensus is that the patriots would not be any better than 2019 because they couldn't sign free agents because they had no cap space. They lost a group of defensive players and that brought up the question ....."Would they all have left if Brady had stayed?" If they were looking for the money that they got from other teams, then the answer id 'NO". The patriots would not have been able to get any name wide receivers so Brady would have had the same guys. Would he have frozen anybody out in 2020?

So what does the Patriots SportsHoopla bunch think.

Would the Patriots have been as good or better than 2019 in 2020 considering all things?

Brady already admitted after he signed with TB that his decision to leave came after the 2018 season.
And then he admitted what some of us suspected, he was freezing WR's out. Dorsett was money early in the season, then he nothing but a warm body, Meyers was demonstrating fantastic hands, then nothing.
But now his excuse is because Bill wouldn't give him better supporting cast?
1st round pick on a WR for the first time, Signed known head case AB because it was what TB wanted, Traded a future second for Sanu....Bill just couldn't get the guys that would cover his deficiencies.
The defense gave TB a simple job, but Brady decided maybe if I screw this job up, they wont ask me to do it again.

I have no doubt TB is still a decent QB, but not great.
I do doubt that TB is the great guy he used to be.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady already admitted after he signed with TB that his decision to leave came after the 2018 season.
And then he admitted what some of us suspected, he was freezing WR's out. Dorsett was money early in the season, then he nothing but a warm body, Meyers was demonstrating fantastic hands, then nothing.
But now his excuse is because Bill wouldn't give him better supporting cast?
1st round pick on a WR for the first time, Signed known head case AB because it was what TB wanted, Traded a future second for Sanu....Bill just couldn't get the guys that would cover his deficiencies.
The defense gave TB a simple job, but Brady decided maybe if I screw this job up, they wont ask me to do it again.

I have no doubt TB is still a decent QB, but not great.
I do doubt that TB is the great guy he used to be.

After the Titans/ Patriots playoff game in 2004? I rode on the E train with a Pats staff member and had the chance to ask a few questions.....

One question was: "who is the biggest assholw when the camera is off?"

He said "undoubtably Brady"

I loved Brady as our QB. Never expected him to be a "great guy"

He is probably closer to one of the Hammer versions than the Pats fans version.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Titans/ Patriots playoff game in 2004? I rode on the E train with a Pats staff member and had the chance to ask a few questions.....

He is probably closer to one of the Hammer versions than the Pats fans version.....
How did you manage to talk while you were in a deep shiver?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, the press has always portrayed him as team first, public first TB second such a great guy personna.
I usually don't buy what the talking heads say, but I guess I did those times.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did you manage to talk while you were in a deep shiver?

I did not get cold in Alaska 70 below.

I did get cold however at that game. Halftime it was -4 and a breeze coming off the bay.

I did not have any cold weather gear.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not get cold in Alaska 70 below.

I did get cold however at that game. Halftime it was -4 and a breeze coming off the bay.

I did not have any cold weather gear.....
I just remember how cold that day was (never mind the night). I went out for breakfast and could still feel the burn on my cheeks at game time. For the life of me I could not believe the catch Bethel Johnson made when he laid out for the bomb. I could only picture laying out for a pass wearing a shorts and a tee shirt in a parking lot.