• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking forward

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both first team offenses (minus Rodgers) got into scoring position on both drives and neither first team offense (technically) got in the end zone. All first teams were aided and hindered by questionable penalties. It's still the preseason for everybody. I expect the opening game in Chicago to look a lot like the first half of last night's game.

There are two things that I have already definitively concluded from these first two preseason games, though.
  1. I f'n HATE the coach's challenge on pass interference.
  2. Kumerow over the middle is money. Lafleur needs to get him touches.

I know it’s pre season so they sorta get a pass. From little of the game I saw, I witnessed a lot of similarities from last years defense, ie; not much of a pass rush, wide open receivers in the middle and trouble with running QBs. I don’t mention the horrible tackling just because it’s not practiced. I will try to stay positive but if it continues........be prepared for a short season.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two shoddy preseason games and terrible performances by the backup QB's.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it’s pre season so they sorta get a pass. From little of the game I saw, I witnessed a lot of similarities from last years defense, ie; not much of a pass rush, wide open receivers in the middle and trouble with running QBs. I don’t mention the horrible tackling just because it’s not practiced. I will try to stay positive but if it continues........be prepared for a short season.
A successful season depends on a healthy Aaron Rodgers. The defense looked bad last night and the offense was just as bad.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense looked bad last night and the offense was just as bad.

Yes, we would prefer 3 & outs, but let's not exaggerate the Packers defense's ineffectiveness. The first team defense didn't (officially) let the Ravens first team offense into the end zone. That's a tick better than the 0-24 halftime deficit against the Falcons in the NFC Championship game a couple years ago.

Sometimes defenses play well and still get beat by perfect plays and broken plays and that happened a few times last night. One example was a deep cross that Jaire was on the receiver's hip in perfect position and the ball was simply thrown perfectly and caught perfectly. Indefensible.

I'm glad the Packers lost last night... you typically learn more and work harder from losses than wins.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we would prefer 3 & outs, but let's not exaggerate the Packers defense's ineffectiveness. The first team defense didn't (officially) let the Ravens first team offense into the end zone. That's a tick better than the 0-24 halftime deficit against the Falcons in the NFC Championship game a couple years ago.

Sometimes defenses play well and still get beat by perfect plays and broken plays and that happened a few times last night. One example was a deep cross that Jaire was on the receiver's hip in perfect position and the ball was simply thrown perfectly and caught perfectly. Indefensible.

I'm glad the Packers lost last night... you typically learn more and work harder from losses than wins.

I’m holding off a final opinion until the regular season starts and by no means do I expect the defense to get a 3 and out every time they step on the field. 3 areas they need to improve on is a disruptive pass rush, solid coverage and sound tackling. We haven’t seen that yet and they have 2 games left to start heading in the right direction.

That said, I don’t put a whole lot of stock in pre season but it does give you an idea of where the team is at and what they need to work on.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of contact in camp/preseason makes the first couple of games rough on tackling and other fundamentals. It certainly shows in preseason games.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An 80 yard field in Winnepeg...unreal...they really need to go to a 2 preseason schedule...this is becoming more and more of a joke

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An 80 yard field in Winnepeg...unreal...they really need to go to a 2 preseason schedule...this is becoming more and more of a joke

Meh, it’s pre season. What is most important is A. Nobody got a season ending injury and B. Was there any improvement in performance? I only watched the first quarter so I can’t form any opinion on B other than If Boyle is the backup QB GB better pray Rodgers doesn’t get hurt. Saw several bad throws. On a positive note the defense looked like they improved tackling.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, it’s pre season. What is most important is A. Nobody got a season ending injury and B. Was there any improvement in performance? I only watched the first quarter so I can’t form any opinion on B other than If Boyle is the backup QB GB better pray Rodgers doesn’t get hurt. Saw several bad throws. On a positive note the defense looked like they improved tackling.
I think EQ is out for the season unless I missed an update. That ankle was ugly

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me add Kiser to the list of crappy backup QB as well.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think EQ is out for the season unless I missed an update. That ankle was ugly

Oh, I didn’t see most of the game. Well, I guess that will help with who makes the roster.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I didn’t see most of the game. Well, I guess that will help with who makes the roster.
Turf was shit but not qhat caused his injury. He got rolled up on a tackle and looks like fractured or dislocated ankle plus possible knee injury as well

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Davis was the man last night. He looks like a lock to make the team and looks like he'll make some noise other than as a return man. Let's hope he stays healthy (for a change).

Boyle played well after a shaky start. He made some really nice throws. Kizer looked like a bum.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upload_2019-8-23_14-35-16.png

Phew!

Also Gary posted on IG that he is fine so I think we dodged a couple of big bullets. Only thing left is Bolton

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Davis was the man last night. He looks like a lock to make the team and looks like he'll make some noise other than as a return man. Let's hope he stays healthy (for a change).

Boyle played well after a shaky start. He made some really nice throws. Kizer looked like a bum.

Good to see about Davis. His biggest issue is staying healthy. If he can do that he can be a factor in the return game and offense.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing this season will be a .500 season and what I'm hoping for is some solid improvements in the 2nd half of the season. There will be some learning curve with the new coaching staff on O and my expectation is that the D will make some improvement from last season.

I'm expecting them to be a good team by the end of the year and a playoff team in 2020. They might surprise me, but will be a title contender in 2021...and I'd be happy with that...

Looking back at this might give some of you perspective, it did for me. I wasn't expecting them to come out of the gate as strong as they did, so for that I'm happy.

I was expecting them to get better as the year went along, San Fran was a nice test for that, they failed.

The good news is if they handle their business for the next few weeks they should be in the playoffs and I'm guessing that game in Minny will be for the North crown. That is not something I expected at all before the season started.

Honestly, they got some things to fix, and one of them is Rodgers. He needs to be a team leader and for sure fix his body language. Run the O, make the plays that are there and stop thinking about the 2nd reaction plays.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at this might give some of you perspective, it did for me. I wasn't expecting them to come out of the gate as strong as they did, so for that I'm happy.

I was expecting them to get better as the year went along, San Fran was a nice test for that, they failed.

The good news is if they handle their business for the next few weeks they should be in the playoffs and I'm guessing that game in Minny will be for the North crown. That is not something I expected at all before the season started.

Honestly, they got some things to fix, and one of them is Rodgers. He needs to be a team leader and for sure fix his body language. Run the O, make the plays that are there and stop thinking about the 2nd reaction plays.
I dont think anyone had good body language yesterday. I dont recall Williams dancing during the game like he normally does

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

more important than His body language is to trust his arm and let his receivers try to make a play on the ball. Top to bottom last night was a complete embarrassment. Most troubling is lack of adjustment on both sides of the ball. Does Pettine know there is the middle of the field to defend? Or he just doesn’t have the personnel to do it. Seattle gave them the blue print on how to beat them but GB failed miserably at using their formula.

Reactions: GNG