• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking forward

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing this season will be a .500 season and what I'm hoping for is some solid improvements in the 2nd half of the season. There will be some learning curve with the new coaching staff on O and my expectation is that the D will make some improvement from last season.

I'm expecting them to be a good team by the end of the year and a playoff team in 2020. They might surprise me, but will be a title contender in 2021...and I'd be happy with that...

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the defense will surprise. In years past, Rodgers would rally the offense to score late and the defense would give it right back. I think this is the year things start to change defensively. They get off the field on 3rd down more consistently. The secondary performs noticeably better than recent years past and shows Packer fans something they almost forgot even existed - coverage sacks.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the defense will surprise. In years past, Rodgers would rally the offense to score late and the defense would give it right back. I think this is the year things start to change defensively. They get off the field on 3rd down more consistently. The secondary performs noticeably better than recent years past and shows Packer fans something they almost forgot even existed - coverage sacks.

That would be really nice, but not expecting that kind of thing early in the year.

If they advance faster than my thoughts as a team, I'll be thrilled, but I'm sure as hell not expecting it.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre season game against Houston already looks eerily similar then years past. Offense looks horrible. Only bright spot is Kumerow so far. Defense is holding their own and even have 2 takeaways. Fackerell has lost containment a couple of times so that isn’t good.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to add, not much of a pass rush and not much of pass protection. Typical Packer preseason.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same defense. Can’t get off the field on 3rd down.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is the guys playing tonight won't play much in the regular season and if they do have prominent roles to play the Packers are in trouble.

I wonder if the Packers teach taking bad angles and trying to make ankle tackles or if these guys are afraid of solid contact...either way... this is not good

Kizer is still bad... edit...yup, still crap...on the TD throw he almost got his WR killed...just shitty accuracy and no awareness...

Last edited:

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is the guys playing tonight won't play much in the regular season and if they do have prominent roles to play the Packers are in trouble.

I wonder if the Packers teach taking bad angles and trying to make ankle tackles or if these guys are afraid of solid contact...either way... this is not good

Kizer is still bad... edit...yup, still crap...on the TD throw he almost got his WR killed...just shitty accuracy and no awareness...

Yes, yes and yes. Kizer sucks. Better pray Rodgers doesn’t get hurt. Webb from Houston literally went down the field by himself to score their only TD in the first half. Packers had them 3rd and long a few times and couldn’t get off the field because they couldn’t contain Webb, not good. The back ups better figure it out or they will be looking for employment elsewhere.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, yes and yes. Kizer sucks. Better pray Rodgers doesn’t get hurt. Webb from Houston literally went down the field by himself to score their only TD in the first half. Packers had them 3rd and long a few times and couldn’t get off the field because they couldn’t contain Webb, not good. The back ups better figure it out or they will be looking for employment elsewhere.

If you look at those Webb runs, the LBs took really bad angles and went for ankle tackles instead of taking good angles and putting a shoulder on him. That kind of shit cannot be in their games...in infuriates me to no end to see that kind of crap play.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at those Webb runs, the LBs took really bad angles and went for ankle tackles instead of taking good angles and putting a shoulder on him. That kind of shit cannot be in their games...in infuriates me to no end to see that kind of crap play.

Piss poor coaching. Even with 3rd and long they Can’t Get Off The F’ing Field!!! I know it’s pre season and I know it’s back ups but they are being taught the same as the starters. If the trend continues then this team will be in trouble just like last year.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One report has GB finishing 8-8 due to the Packers not having the same level of talent as the rest of the league. The first game will give us an idea of whether this is true or not.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One report has GB finishing 8-8 due to the Packers not having the same level of talent as the rest of the league. The first game will give us an idea of whether this is true or not.

Not having the same level of talent as the rest of the league, eh?
  1. Arguably the best QB in the league
  2. Arguably the best LT in the league
  3. One of the best WR in the league
  4. One of the best K in the league
  5. One of the best P in the league
  6. Improved DB corps
  7. Improved LB corps
There's a lot of uncertainty with this team because of the high volume of changeover and injuries from last year, but the team has enough talent to go 13-3 if things come together under this new regime and they somehow avoid major long-term injuries to key players for the first time since sometime in the Holmgren era.

We didn't see anything from the starters during that first preseason game, so it's difficult to indict the whole team, but if there's one major gripe I have from last week is that the D is still taking horrifically shitty angles on attempted tackles, not wrapping up and not keeping contain on scrambling quarterbacks - the same bullshit that got Kaepernick playoff wins. I'm hoping that was caused primarily by no-contact practices and the use of non-NFL-caliber players rather than a inadequate coaching.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having the same level of talent as the rest of the league, eh?
  1. Arguably the best QB in the league
  2. Arguably the best LT in the league
  3. One of the best WR in the league
  4. One of the best K in the league
  5. One of the best P in the league
  6. Improved DB corps
  7. Improved LB corps
There's a lot of uncertainty with this team because of the high volume of changeover and injuries from last year, but the team has enough talent to go 13-3 if things come together under this new regime and they somehow avoid major long-term injuries to key players for the first time since sometime in the Holmgren era.

We didn't see anything from the starters during that first preseason game, so it's difficult to indict the whole team, but if there's one major gripe I have from last week is that the D is still taking horrifically shitty angles on attempted tackles, not wrapping up and not keeping contain on scrambling quarterbacks - the same bullshit that got Kaepernick playoff wins. I'm hoping that was caused primarily by no-contact practices and the use of non-NFL-caliber players rather than a inadequate coaching.

I'm not so sure about 5, and 6 and 7 have not been on the field so I'm not sure you can say that yet. We'll see tomorrow night if the speed and play is improved, but I can't say that until I see it.

We'll see what happens soon enough....

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about 5, and 6 and 7 have not been on the field so I'm not sure you can say that yet. We'll see tomorrow night if the speed and play is improved, but I can't say that until I see it.

We'll see what happens soon enough....

3rd down. The key for me will be if the defense can get off the field on 3rd down come regular season. If that happens on a regular basis then i think they have a good chance of making the playoffs. If not, well, we all know how that's been turning out for years now.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd down. The key for me will be if the defense can get off the field on 3rd down come regular season. If that happens on a regular basis then i think they have a good chance of making the playoffs. If not, well, we all know how that's been turning out for years now.

Watching the #1 defense right now........not impressed.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the #1 defense right now........not impressed.

They will have to learn how to tackle if they plan on getting off the field this season.

Both first team offenses (minus Rodgers) got into scoring position on both drives and neither first team offense (technically) got in the end zone. All first teams were aided and hindered by questionable penalties. It's still the preseason for everybody. I expect the opening game in Chicago to look a lot like the first half of last night's game.

There are two things that I have already definitively concluded from these first two preseason games, though.
  1. I f'n HATE the coach's challenge on pass interference.
  2. Kumerow over the middle is money. Lafleur needs to get him touches.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both first team offenses (minus Rodgers) got into scoring position on both drives and neither first team offense (technically) got in the end zone. All first teams were aided and hindered by questionable penalties. It's still the preseason for everybody. I expect the opening game in Chicago to look a lot like the first half of last night's game.

There are two things that I have already definitively concluded from these first two preseason games, though.
  1. I f'n HATE the coach's challenge on pass interference.
  2. Kumerow over the middle is money. Lafleur needs to get him touches.
I question his ability against 1s full time but he definitely shows flashes.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question his ability against 1s full time but he definitely shows flashes.

He was money against the Ravens' 1s last night with Kizer throwing to him. Certainly not saying he's the best receiver the Packers have, but it looks like he's the missing piece over the middle that no one has been filling for the past few years.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was money against the Ravens' 1s last night with Kizer throwing to him. Certainly not saying he's the best receiver the Packers have, but it looks like he's the missing piece over the middle that no one has been filling for the past few years.
his route running is legit but his high end speed is lacking. I dont think he will ever be more than a 3 or 4 but I enjoy watching him make plays. He also had a bad drop last night.