• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking at you Tennessee, Nebraska & West Virginia !

OldDevilDawg

Idiot Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Clemson handles it under Dabo. There's times we miss out on kids who would have committed but we don't offer unless we are serious about taking them. An offer means something at Clemson.

The flip side of that is if you commit to us then we expect you to honor that commitment and stop taking visits to other schools.

It should be a crime to expect an 18 year old not to follow his little head towards the next poon.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost like these schools that aren't along the coasts and have year long nice weather have to offer more scholarships to compete.

Wrong. Exactly half of the top 20 worst offenders were schools in coastal states.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me of a couple of old hick adages.

"If you throw enough shit against the wall, some of it is bound to stick."

And the old crummy dove hunter strategy, "If you shoot enough lead into the air, a bird will fly into it at some point."

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the top kids at every position would just commit to us right away then we wouldn’t need to do this, idk why they’re being like this honestly

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DutNCO4XQAAOwSh.jpg

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take that with a grain of salt. Schools are prohibited by rule from commenting about unsigned recruits so there is no way to know if when a recruiting site reports an offer if there truly was an offer made by the school. Most often they are going by what the kid tells them, and honestly kids embellish to make themselves look more desirable. Sometimes they get their information from someone without direct knowledge. Sometimes they get some pieces of information and try to create something that doesn't exist. They see that a coach is visiting a specific school because the HS staff tweets a picture of them visiting and try to make 1+1=3 by saying they offered a prospect when the truth is coaches stop in at schools in their recruiting area all the time just to "show the flag" even if they aren't recruiting someone at the school that class. When I JV volunteer coach in both football and baseball there were college coaches of all levels from the Carolinas and Georgia in our offices all the time.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there another way to flip a roster besides offering to more players? I think I heard today that there are only 26 players on the roster today that were there when Scott Frost was hired.

If the cupboards are bare you gotta go shopping.