• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lonzo ball rookie year

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha!

Well that will be a big step, looking at the guys who shot as bad as him as a rookie or worse. Ben Wallace was the one great player to have a rookie year with FG/FT% like that. Pryzbilla. Other than those, at G/F, its guys like Luke Babbitt, Sonny Weems, and Dantay Jones at the top.

Putting in the time or not, he'd be breaking a big trend if he can make a good career.
His ppg, rpg, and apg are also very similar to Jason Kidd.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She had a fucking stroke and he talked to her like she was something he stepped in.

There is no explaining this shit away.

It's a bad look to even TRY to justify this shit.

This isnt humor, it's fucking disgusting.

After leaving the hospital and returning home after her stroke, LaVar also said that it was his idea to prohibit her from using a wheelchair in the house.

Though he didn’t do this as a challenge to her to recover faster, but rather that she would be “tearing up our house” by using it inside.

He would often berate her in public, too, once pointing out that she’s “moving like an old-ass lady.”
BOOM.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His ppg, rpg, and apg are also very similar to Jason Kidd.

That is true.. Similar to Michael Carter-Williams as well. Not near the scorer, but the rebs/assists are.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.4 FTA.

Not exactly a lot.

I agree he doesn't have that upside like Kidd where he could at least get to the hole and draw a couple fouls a game for some free points.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him to succeed in spite of his dad.

Yeah, me too. I mean, I'm a Lakers fan and he's a Laker, so I obviously want him to succeed regardless.

But because of his Dad, I'd want him to succeed even if he was a Celtic.

*throws up a little in mouth*

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha!

Well that will be a big step, looking at the guys who shot as bad as him as a rookie or worse. Ben Wallace was the one great player to have a rookie year with FG/FT% like that. Pryzbilla. Other than those, at G/F, its guys like Luke Babbitt, Sonny Weems, and Dantay Jones at the top.

Putting in the time or not, he'd be breaking a big trend if he can make a good career.

Karl Malone shot 49% his rookie year, improved to 59% his second year and was never under 70% for the rest of his career. I heard he was pretty good.

Ben never really got better with his free throws. In fact, he only had 3 years out of his entire career where he shot as high as or higher than Lonzo last year.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Karl Malone shot 49% his rookie year, improved to 59% his second year and was never under 70% for the rest of his career. I heard he was pretty good.

Ben never really got better with his free throws. In fact, he only had 3 years out of his entire career where he shot as high as or higher than Lonzo last year.

Yeah but we are talking a guy shooting 36% from the field and 45% from the line. As a guard.

I don't think Lonzo is going to be an elite interior defender where you can just ignore him on offense and live with him cleaning up garbage on the offensive glass. You can give up bad FT shooting from a 7' center in back to the basket NBA of the past.

Player Season Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

There's all the guards/forwards in the past 40 years to shoot under 50% at the line and under 40% from the field as rookies. I'm just saying for Lonzo to be successful he will be doing something no one else could after a rookie year shooting like that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but we are talking a guy shooting 36% from the field and 45% from the line. As a guard.

I don't think Lonzo is going to be an elite interior defender where you can just ignore him on offense and live with him cleaning up garbage on the offensive glass. You can give up bad FT shooting from a 7' center in back to the basket NBA of the past.

There's all the guards/forwards in the past 40 years to shoot under 50% at the line and under 40% from the field as rookies. I'm just saying for Lonzo to be successful he will be doing something no one else could after a rookie year shooting like that.
I think Lonzo will improve--- but he has to get to at least AT LEAST 42% from the field and 65% from the line if he is going to ever be anything more than mediocre. 42% is still bad but its not "holy shit this is fucking ridiculous" bad/this is offending my eye sight bad like 36%.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic and Pelinka doing some proper cheerleading for Ball..

Magic: Ball set for 'breakout' after tweaking shot

Was reading about that this morning. Magic has been known to embellish a bit when it comes to praising players.

But from the sound of it and based on what Pelinka described, it sounds a good bit like what the Sixers have done with Fultz in that, they haven't necessarily "completely reworked his shot" but have "cleaned it up".

Hopefully, that will lead to him at least being good enough from the 3 point line that he can't be ignored.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading about that this morning. Magic has been known to embellish a bit when it comes to praising players.

But from the sound of it and based on what Pelinka described, it sounds a good bit like what the Sixers have done with Fultz in that, they haven't necessarily "completely reworked his shot" but have "cleaned it up".

Hopefully, that will lead to him at least being good enough from the 3 point line that he can't be ignored.

I expect him to be much improved in the shooting area. Dunno if he will be competent yet but he will be better than last year.

Curious to see if he worked on his handle at all. It's not bad per se but it could definitely be improved.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, remember..he actually tweaked his shot to this motion at the end of the regular season last year and he looked pretty good. Actually allowed him to take more midrange jumpers, so he should be improved this year

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When somebody shoots as poorly as Lonzo did last year, to me it is more about confidence than actual ability. That is unless your shot is Shaq level busted, which Lonzo's isn't.

Practice definitely builds confidence, but volume game reps can too.
He still hasn't shot the ball consistently under pressure though. Some people can't handle the pressure of the NBA. I'd like to see him do that first. I AM getting that LeBron can help him with that

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, remember..he actually tweaked his shot to this motion at the end of the regular season last year and he looked pretty good. Actually allowed him to take more midrange jumpers, so he should be improved this year

Lonzo's FG% in March was 35% and his 3P% was 27%.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its the modern day NBA.

Its hard to have a center that is hopeless shooting the ball--- the league has NEVER had an era where shooting was more important. If you dont have shooters that can keep the defense honest at at least 3 positions on the court you are screwed.

When one of your guards is one of those positions that does not need to be respected defensively as an outside threat- it automatically puts you behind the 8 ball.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect him to be much improved in the shooting area. Dunno if he will be competent yet but he will be better than last year.

Curious to see if he worked on his handle at all. It's not bad per se but it could definitely be improved.
I agree- i expect him to be improved- but dont know if his improvement will be to the level of competence that is expected out of an NBA guard in the year 2018.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree- i expect him to be improved- but dont know if his improvement will be to the level of competence that is expected out of an NBA guard in the year 2018.

From everything I've read and heard, he has done a lot of work on his shot.

Apparently, he now shoots it closer to the middle, but it's still more to the left. It's been described as "basically the same shot, but cleaned up".

In theory, that should allow him to get the shot off quicker. The biggest problem with his motion last year was the slow release. You can get away with that in high school and college, not in the NBA.

The end result was that he had to be wide open to get his shot off, otherwise he had to rush it.

Hopefully, a quicker release will allow him to shoot without rushing the shot. We'll see though. It's up to him to make it work on the court.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I've read and heard, he has done a lot of work on his shot.

Apparently, he now shoots it closer to the middle, but it's still more to the left. It's been described as "basically the same shot, but cleaned up".

In theory, that should allow him to get the shot off quicker. The biggest problem with his motion last year was the slow release. You can get away with that in high school and college, not in the NBA.

The end result was that he had to be wide open to get his shot off, otherwise he had to rush it.

Hopefully, a quicker release will allow him to shoot without rushing the shot. We'll see though. It's up to him to make it work on the court.

The big difference is his upper body strength. He has clearly been in the gym, and that extra strength should make for an easier release. He also should be able to withstand more contact going to the rim. He really does look different.

usa_today_11311957.0.jpg

Z6UZXIH5PY7STBKHY6G4FJAMU4.jpg

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo got fatter this offseason. Has anyone else noticed? He has a double chin now. Baby weight from the pregnancy he basically said he didn’t want?

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lonzo got fatter this offseason. Has anyone else noticed? He has a double chin now. Baby weight from the pregnancy he basically said he didn’t want?
He had an abortion dum dum