• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lonzo ball rookie year

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy thinks he sucks.
I think Lonzo Ball sucks?

I certainly do not remember saying that.

I DO certainly remember saying that I think he is/will be a big time disappointment for a #2 overall pick.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice alone should get him to 60%.

When somebody shoots as poorly as Lonzo did last year, to me it is more about confidence than actual ability. That is unless your shot is Shaq level busted, which Lonzo's isn't.

Practice definitely builds confidence, but volume game reps can too.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
found this funny:

https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/lithuanian-pro-team-burns-lavar-ball-and-sons-to-the-ground/

Lithuanian pro team burns LaVar Ball and sons to the ground
With the rise of social media and the various platforms’ popularity among players, passive aggression and petty sniping may be at an all-time high in the NBA.

But for a master class in throwing shade, look no further than BC Prienai-Skycop of the Lithuanian professional basketball league, former home to the Big Baller Brand circus.

In a page-and-a-half press release issued Thursday, the team serves up sour grapes like fine wine, claiming LaVar Ball and his sons, LiAngelo and LaMelo, “started destroying the club” and had “no inner drive to become better.”

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I DO certainly remember saying that I think he is/will be a big time disappointment for a #2 overall pick.

The NBA really hasn't had a lot of hits with the #2 overall pick in the last 20 years or so.

Here's a list of all the #2 picks previously:

History of the NBA Draft - Pick Number 2 | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News

Actually the 90's probably had the deepest collection of talent selected at that position. the 2000's were god awful, minus Durant and Aldridge.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lonzo will need to step up his game considerably in order to be consider among the elite. If he doesn't - then he could easily be traded by February to unload Luol Deng

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See there's your problem, you're thinking again.:heh: It's too early in Lonzo's career to call him a disappointment. He missed 30 games last year. And if he puts in the right time he should be able to improve his FG & FT %'s.

Now see what you did there wiggy? You made me say nice things about the Lakers again.:rant: Not the way I wanted to start my weekend. Thanks pal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bricks.jpg
DlY2PZ4V4AEmI36

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not his fault he got his genetic makeup from a cesspool.

We don't get to choose our family.

I like the kid. But, despise that ignoramus that raised him.
He let his dad badmouth his sick mom and not say a word, my dad would be knocked out and out of my life.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He let his dad badmouth his sick mom and not say a word, my dad would be knocked out and out of my life.
Yeah, I would have taken the ass whooping.

I wouldn't let anyone talk to my Mother that way.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're talking about this last year - Lonzo was anything but rookie of the year. There were better players. If you're talking about this next year - He's not a rookie any more, but can become the most improved player

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would have taken the ass whooping.

I wouldn't let anyone talk to my Mother that way.

We don't know the context within that family. She may have a strong sense of humor and instigate those comments.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know the context within that family. She may have a strong sense of humor and instigate those comments.
She had a fucking stroke and he talked to her like she was something he stepped in.

There is no explaining this shit away.

It's a bad look to even TRY to justify this shit.

This isnt humor, it's fucking disgusting.

After leaving the hospital and returning home after her stroke, LaVar also said that it was his idea to prohibit her from using a wheelchair in the house.

Though he didn’t do this as a challenge to her to recover faster, but rather that she would be “tearing up our house” by using it inside.

He would often berate her in public, too, once pointing out that she’s “moving like an old-ass lady.”

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See there's your problem, you're thinking again.:heh: It's too early in Lonzo's career to call him a disappointment. He missed 30 games last year. And if he puts in the right time he should be able to improve his FG & FT %'s.

Now see what you did there wiggy? You made me say nice things about the Lakers again.:rant: Not the way I wanted to start my weekend. Thanks pal.

Haha!

Well that will be a big step, looking at the guys who shot as bad as him as a rookie or worse. Ben Wallace was the one great player to have a rookie year with FG/FT% like that. Pryzbilla. Other than those, at G/F, its guys like Luke Babbitt, Sonny Weems, and Dantay Jones at the top.

Putting in the time or not, he'd be breaking a big trend if he can make a good career.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid has talent. If his Dad gave up the meddling I bet Lonzo would turn into quite the player.

Yeah, his Dad has really fucked things up for him and made it virtually impossible for him to be judged fairly.

There are people openly wanting him to fail because of his Dad. Kid came into the league with a target on him thanks to his Dad.

There are obvious holes in his game that need to be addressed. Specifically his 3 point shooting and his free throw shooting. That's what many want to focus on.

I want him to succeed in spite of his dad.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha!

Well that will be a big step, looking at the guys who shot as bad as him as a rookie or worse. Ben Wallace was the one great player to have a rookie year with FG/FT% like that. Pryzbilla. Other than those, at G/F, its guys like Luke Babbitt, Sonny Weems, and Dantay Jones at the top.

Putting in the time or not, he'd be breaking a big trend if he can make a good career.
1.4 FTA.

Not exactly a lot.