• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Longest smoke to date

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not the 420 kind :)

A buddy of mine and I were basically catering one of our friends marriage celebrations (eloped, this is like two months later for all his friends). Been going since noon yesterday. Menu:

2 briskets, points done as burnt ends
6 racks of spare ribs
2 tri-tips
2 sausage fatties
2 dozen cheese/bacon japs
5 packs of spiraled hotdogs
2 pans of smoked mac and cheese
2 dozen smoked deviled eggs
untold gallons of homemade guac

had three smokers going since 7am today and one running overnight to get the briskets done in time, everything came out perfect and right on time. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Only issue was running out of gas last night (expected) and the POS home depot replacement tank having a bad valve on it so hardly any gas come out. So that became our warmer smoker, just kept stuff ready while other stuff finished.

Fucking rocked, but didn't think to take any pictures, oh well. Was so exhausted I left right after everyone was served and didn't even stick around for the party. What an old fuck, huh? :L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coulda been worse. The tank I got before my last, I bought it, got ready to fire up the grill, and the damn thing leaked badly at the valve. Had to load it back up and return it etc.

First time I'd ever had a problem with one in many many years.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coulda been worse. The tank I got before my last, I bought it, got ready to fire up the grill, and the damn thing leaked badly at the valve. Had to load it back up and return it etc.

First time I'd ever had a problem with one in many many years.

Had that happen once as well. You would think they would have a better way of testing. I have had good luck with one company but didn't use them this time, should have. Or should have had my good tank refilled :L

Those Blue Rhino tanks are 50/50 at best.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A buddy of mine and I were basically catering one of our friends marriage celebrations (eloped, this is like two months later for all his friends). Been going since noon yesterday. Menu:

6 racks of spare ribs
2 tri-tips
2 sausage fatties

had three smokers going since 7am today and one running overnight to get the briskets done in time, everything came out perfect and right on time. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Only issue was running out of gas last night (expected) and the POS home depot replacement tank having a bad valve on it so hardly any gas come out. So that became our warmer smoker, just kept stuff ready while other stuff finished.

Fucking rocked, but didn't think to take any pictures, oh well. Was so exhausted I left right after everyone was served and didn't even stick around for the party. What an old fuck, huh? :L

Sounds fun.
That's quite a bit of food you had going there.
People don't think that kind of cooking can wear you out, but it does.
Said you had 3 Smokers going, what kind??? all the same? big/small?
:10:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds fun.
That's quite a bit of food you had going there.
People don't think that kind of cooking can wear you out, but it does.
Said you had 3 Smokers going, what kind??? all the same? big/small?
:10:

We had two gas locker style ones going and a bigger (not huge, probably 4'x2' grate) wood smoker going. There were only 2 of us doing most of the work, another guy was just sitting there drinking :)

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6 racks of spare ribs
2 tri-tips
2 sausage fatties

Gas smoker?

Blasphemy

As for your efforts :clap: