• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @Taggart

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id bet with the smaller conference and the state FAU is in on his arrival he does fine there.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably start slow, pick up some speed by mid-to-late season first year or second year. Don't know if he can sustain it past year 3 or 4, though. We'll just have to wait & see.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite the path for Taggart

Florida State-------------------> |
^ ........................................|
|..........................................|
Oregon.................................|
^.........................................|
South Florida.........................|
^.........................................|
Western Kentucky..................|
...........................................|
...........................................V
Florida Atlantic <---------------<
I'm not so sure that FSU is better than FAU and USF the past couple of seasons.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be willing to be made fun of for tens of millions of dollars.
giphy.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't Taggart just take $1 a year, let FSU pay the rest, and give that money to assistants???
Because it would leave FAU open to a lawsuit for not paying the fair market value of a head coach.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't Taggart just take $1 a year, let FSU pay the rest, and give that money to assistants???

He was probably trying avoid a Brett Beilema lawsuit situation like happened with Arky.

For a sec there I had wondered if he accidentally got the job at FAU since as part of his agreement with FSU he had to keep applying for jobs to keep getting his money.
:dhd:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it.

Dude is a proven loser.

Does he own naked pics of every DA's wife in the entire country?

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it.

Dude is a proven loser.

Does he own naked pics of every DA's wife in the entire country?

Idk. So far, except at FSU, he's been pretty successful. But I'd guess that had to do with him being a top notch recruiter more so than how well he coaches. Then he got to FSU and recruiting didnt give him as big of edge when the competition was stiffer and he was screwed.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk. So far, except at FSU, he's been pretty successful. But I'd guess that had to do with him being a top notch recruiter more so than how well he coaches. Then he got to FSU and recruiting didnt give him as big of edge when the competition was stiffer and he was screwed.

Uhh, FSU is in the ACC.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh, FSU is in the ACC.

How many nattys does the ACC have in the past decade again, though? Who won it last time? Don't get me wrong, the ACC overall was shit this year but it's still a step up from the level of competition he faced prior before he went to Oregon.

It seems basic enough to me. If you out recruit other coaches in G5 conferences you can win based off of almost talent alone, however when you reach the P5 that advantage dissipates significantly because lots of teams are recruiting at that high of level and then that's where actual coaching becomes critical. Thus why top FBS teams always have top recruits and top coaches. (The one exception might be 2010 Auburn. :heh:)

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many nattys does the ACC have in the past decade again, though? Who won it last time? Don't get me wrong, the ACC overall was shit this year but it's still a step up from the level of competition he faced prior before he went to Oregon.

It seems basic enough to me. If you out recruit other coaches in G5 conferences you can win based off of almost talent alone, however when you reach the P5 that advantage dissipates significantly because lots of teams are recruiting at that high of level and then that's where actual coaching becomes critical. Thus why top FBS teams always have top recruits and top coaches. (The one exception might be 2010 Auburn. :heh:)

Outside of Clemson, the ACC is pure and utter garbage. The ACC is an inferior conference to the PAC12.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably start slow, pick up some speed by mid-to-late season first year or second year. Don't know if he can sustain it past year 3 or 4, though. We'll just have to wait & see.
Didn't FAU beat Miami this year?