• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ California schools

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge issues an injunction, and the NCAA can appeal. Nothing much the NCAA could do beyond that.

They could potentially ignore an injunction, but then they are setting themselves for criminal/civil penalties.
Or they could appeal the ruling, maintain their ban while waiting the SC to rule which amounts to ignoring.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read and learn idiot. You think it's only democrats in California that are calling for this?

US lawmaker from North Carolina to propose law that would allow NCAA athletes get paid

Lol, no. I started another thread on this subject if you want to read my tea leaves of what I think will transpire. I don't doubt other states will propose/pass similar legislation. But your link above is proposed federal legislation, not state legislation out of N. Carolina. I've been speaking in tune this entire thread in regards to California's state legislation. If the feds get involved then I think this whole thing could crumble.

Why crumble you may ask? If the feds pass legislation known as the Student Athlete Equity Act then all athletes are eligible to be paid on their likeness. That's a pretty slippery slope for college athletics. Without proper regulation in place, you'll have boosters paying athletes disproportionate sums of money to endorse their "brands", "companies", whatever have you. Schools with the richest boosters will start pulling the strings more and more on recruitment. You'll also start to see a change reaction in player's transferring. Players can be tossed around like free agents. Trust me when I say this won't make particular fan bases happy, consequently putting a strain on viewership and ticket sales. We're already seeing a trend with attendance drops. Just like the NFL with the whole "kneeling saga", ,casual fans can quickly turn their backs on the sport. Especially college athletics when purity of the sport is in jeopardy, but more so I think because the already unbalanced playing field will get more disproportionate.

In my opinion I think college athletes deserve to get paid on their likeness, but because of the money at stake in the sport I think it must come with strict regulations on who it comes from and how much. Otherwise the sport will turn into a cess pool like college basketball is behind the scenes. Now there will just be a big spotlight on it and I think many people will turn away from watching, especially if they're a mid to lower tier school.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they could appeal the ruling, maintain their ban while waiting the SC to rule which amounts to ignoring.

Injunction stops the ban while the case proceeds. Ignoring the injunction amounts to contempt.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injunction stops the ban while the case proceeds. Ignoring the injunction amounts to contempt.
You seem bent on making California's rights outweigh everyone else's rights. The NCAA is made up of somewhere around 2000+ schools covering the 48 states and one state doesn't have the right to override the NCAA Rules. They don't like the rules then they should move thru proper channels to change them not attempt to ignore and violate them by passing state laws that no bearing or legitimacy outside that state

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem bent on making California's rights outweigh everyone else's rights. The NCAA is made up of somewhere around 2000+ schools covering the 48 states and one state doesn't have the right to override the NCAA Rules. They don't like the rules then they should move thru proper channels to change them not attempt to ignore and violate them by passing state laws that no bearing or legitimacy outside that state
I realize you aren't the brightest bulb, but there are 50 states.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fvcking high if you think Chris Petersen and Washington's AD is going to pull for Washington staying in the PAC if this shit goes through. Petersen will leave in a heartbeat.
Petersen might but Washington wont

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48? :puzzled:

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously disappointed in you.

i thought i would scroll down and it would read "fuck you"
giphy.gif

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we throw out Alaska and Oregon? I'm down.