• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ California schools

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the state of California says it is ok does not mean that the NCAA has to. Weed is legal in Michigan but players can still get suspended for it by the NFL.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because the perception of pedophilia and athletes getting paid at the college level are exactly the same.

I can tell I’m talking to somebody with no comprehension of context and reason. I was just illustrating the power of the NCAA when it comes to sanctions. Let’s not pretend players at a Cali school getting paid endorsements won’t come without NCAA sanctions either just because it’s state law. Those schools will quickly become blacklisted from NCAA competition.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell I’m talking to somebody with no comprehension of context and reason. I was just illustrating the power of the NCAA when it comes to sanctions. Let’s not pretend players at a Cali school getting paid endorsements won’t come without NCAA sanctions either just because it’s state law. Those schools will quickly become blacklisted from NCAA competition.

No context and reason. I gave you both. And you don't get it. If it turns into a war they'll form their own governing body. And let's say you're some pretty consistent top 20-30 team. Never a contender but pretty solid. Don't you think that "hey, and you can sign endorsements!" won't be a pretty good sales pitch? That's what the NCAA is afraid of. Everybody's sick of them and this is a war they can't win.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they do it and the NCAA bans the schools from participating what could the state and the schools do about it? Run to the 9th Court and have those Liberal "Judges" rule against the NCAA automatically. And what would they do then when the NCAA refuses to accept the ruling?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they do it and the NCAA bans the schools from participating what could the state and the schools do about it? Run to the 9th Court and have those Liberal "Judges" rule against the NCAA automatically. And what would they do then when the NCAA refuses to accept the ruling?

Judge issues an injunction, and the NCAA can appeal. Nothing much the NCAA could do beyond that.

They could potentially ignore an injunction, but then they are setting themselves for criminal/civil penalties.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge issues an injunction, and the NCAA can appeal. Nothing much the NCAA could do beyond that.

They could potentially ignore an injunction, but then they are setting themselves for criminal/civil penalties.
You saying the NCAA can't ban the Cali schools from the CFP?

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No context and reason. I gave you both. And you don't get it. If it turns into a war they'll form their own governing body. And let's say you're some pretty consistent top 20-30 team. Never a contender but pretty solid. Don't you think that "hey, and you can sign endorsements!" won't be a pretty good sales pitch? That's what the NCAA is afraid of. Everybody's sick of them and this is a war they can't win.

Guffaw :pound:

No, it’s a shitty sales pitch when nobody is watching your product. What school in their right mind would leave the lucrative cash cow contracts they have now for some second rate start up athletic league? You fail to understand simple economics. What endorsements dollars are following these players to this new league? There won’t be an audience for it. That’s like the Cincinnati Bengals leaving the NFL for the XFL because the XFL announces no salary cap. Fine go, nobody is watching and there’s no money. Hate on the NCAA all you want, ain’t no school leaving that security blanket of cash to try and be more competitive elsewhere.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please throw Washington a lifeline and get us the fvck out of the PAC.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is calling...and no one at UW is open to leaving.
You're fvcking high if you think Chris Petersen and Washington's AD is going to pull for Washington staying in the PAC if this shit goes through. Petersen will leave in a heartbeat.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please throw Washington a lifeline and get us the fvck out of the PAC.
It's just a matter of time before Washington and Iowa State have a Crew Meet on the Des Moines River!

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're fvcking high if you think Chris Petersen and Washington's AD is going to pull for Washington staying in the PAC if this shit goes through. Petersen will leave in a heartbeat.

Where will Petersen go? UW ain't changing conferences because you have a tantrum.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where will Petersen go? UW ain't changing conferences because you have a tantrum.
giphy.gif

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya because nobody is going to hire Chris Petersen if he decides to leave UW. Give me some of that stuff you're smoking.

Of course he would be hired...I asked where he would go.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guffaw :pound:

No, it’s a shitty sales pitch when nobody is watching your product. What school in their right mind would leave the lucrative cash cow contracts they have now for some second rate start up athletic league? You fail to understand simple economics. What endorsements dollars are following these players to this new league? There won’t be an audience for it. That’s like the Cincinnati Bengals leaving the NFL for the XFL because the XFL announces no salary cap. Fine go, nobody is watching and there’s no money. Hate on the NCAA all you want, ain’t no school leaving that security blanket of cash to try and be more competitive elsewhere.

Read and learn idiot. You think it's only democrats in California that are calling for this?

US lawmaker from North Carolina to propose law that would allow NCAA athletes get paid