• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Locksley

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still around JD? What did you think of this? Locksley had a 2-26 record at New Mexico and a few run ins while the HC there. Not too crazy about this signing. He is a good recruiter and knows the area.

JD Racer Dad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was right there with you.
Add the 1-5 interim when Deadsall was fired barely beating Rutgers and getting crushed by Indiana.

But talking to some who like him, I realized my frame of reference was off in that there isn't a big pool of candidates knocking down the door to coach under this administration and the money they are offering.

My frame of reference was "If I could pick anybody". Like maybe a Bielema, Fickell, Todd Grahm, etc not that I had looked into them seriously, just like to have had a better list. And can't go back in time and get the Pirate Mike Leach, the one they chose Deadsall over. Even then we only had two candidates.

Rumors that that guys like Mel Tucker DC from Georgia who took the Colorado job said don't call me I call you.
We were down to Canada and Locksley. They added a third but it was for show.
Even the search firm cancelled their contract with us during the process. The search was a scam.
Loh(life) wanted Locksley.

So all said the guy is likable and this is home. He played at Towsen. He's coached here before under the Fridge and Deadsall. Most reference the recruiting and that's important. And those for him say the New Mexico record was a long time ago and he's learned under Saban. To me that maybe well and good but I would rather he go get a HC job in the AAC and prove it like some others are doing.

So back to the small pool of candidates, he has a lot of good will in the area and I can get behind him now that he's ours. I could never do that with Deadsall and I've like every coach before him. Even after they've left I've liked them as people. Guys like Vanderlinden, good guys just didn't work out as head coaches.

Excitement seems to have picked up with two new commits this week and speculation on who his staff will be. I've decided to enjoy it. No DC or OC yet but Elijah Brooks from DeMatha is big, Papuchis and Robinson not bad. Butch Jones a maybe.

The local phrase from Bruce Allen modified a little, Let's go win the off season. :)
Then when football starts we'll see if he's better. We have a pretty good pool of talent from the 2017 and 2018 classes.
Build not Rebuild.

6 Wins is my floor with this talent and 8 wins a reasonable target.
How's that for a rant? :)
Go Terps.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was right there with you.
Add the 1-5 interim when Deadsall was fired barely beating Rutgers and getting crushed by Indiana.

But talking to some who like him, I realized my frame of reference was off in that there isn't a big pool of candidates knocking down the door to coach under this administration and the money they are offering.

My frame of reference was "If I could pick anybody". Like maybe a Bielema, Fickell, Todd Grahm, etc not that I had looked into them seriously, just like to have had a better list. And can't go back in time and get the Pirate Mike Leach, the one they chose Deadsall over. Even then we only had two candidates.

Rumors that that guys like Mel Tucker DC from Georgia who took the Colorado job said don't call me I call you.
We were down to Canada and Locksley. They added a third but it was for show.
Even the search firm cancelled their contract with us during the process. The search was a scam.
Loh(life) wanted Locksley.

So all said the guy is likable and this is home. He played at Towsen. He's coached here before under the Fridge and Deadsall. Most reference the recruiting and that's important. And those for him say the New Mexico record was a long time ago and he's learned under Saban. To me that maybe well and good but I would rather he go get a HC job in the AAC and prove it like some others are doing.

So back to the small pool of candidates, he has a lot of good will in the area and I can get behind him now that he's ours. I could never do that with Deadsall and I've like every coach before him. Even after they've left I've liked them as people. Guys like Vanderlinden, good guys just didn't work out as head coaches.

Excitement seems to have picked up with two new commits this week and speculation on who his staff will be. I've decided to enjoy it. No DC or OC yet but Elijah Brooks from DeMatha is big, Papuchis and Robinson not bad. Butch Jones a maybe.

The local phrase from Bruce Allen modified a little, Let's go win the off season. :)
Then when football starts we'll see if he's better. We have a pretty good pool of talent from the 2017 and 2018 classes.
Build not Rebuild.

6 Wins is my floor with this talent and 8 wins a reasonable target.
How's that for a rant? :)
Go Terps.

Yes I was with you on pretty much all of your points. Having to pay Durkin and the kids family is just killing them so there weren't many options in salary or interest with all that has happened. Kind of sad when you have Plank putting good money into the program.

I think Locksley is the better recruiter and Canada the better coach. If he can get a good OC and DC maybe someone young and on his way up it will help.

Interesting that you mentioned Vanderlinden. Ralph's best years were with Vanderlinden's kids. Ron could recruit his ass off but was not HC material. JoePa hired because of his recruiting ability.

I hope it works for Locksley. There is super talent in this area.