• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions VS Steelers Game Thread

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not when you get aggressive. If it was 4th and 1 outside the 30 then you can get aggressive. When you are on the fucking 5 with an easy 3 points late in the 4th you take the points period.

There is no arguement and there is no opinion. It was the WRONG call. You will hear 99.9999999% of every expert say that this week.

And 99.9999 percent would have been talking how it was a great call and a gutsy move by schwartz if martin hadnt fumbled. It is what it is.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 99.9999 percent would have been talking how it was a great call and a gutsy move by schwartz if martin hadnt fumbled. It is what it is.

No they wouldnt. They would call it a questionable call that paid off if it had worked. It did not have a prayer even if he did not fumble.

Shwartz is an idiot.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they wouldnt. They would call it a questionable call that paid off if it had worked. It did not have a prayer even if he did not fumble.

Shwartz is an idiot.

Thats not how i works, if the play works they call it a gutsy move and they say what a perfect time it was to make that play. Its always been that way, i agree with schwartz being an idiot tho.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how many field goals akers has missed in the past two years in great weather conditions and get back to me. Many things could have went wrong on that field goal attempt in those conditions besides akers missing the kick. Everyone has been wanting schwartz to be more aggressive and when he is, his guy fumbles the ball on a well schemed play. Nothing he could do about that.

Answered in the other thread. It was a 27 yarder. Akers has missed 2 of 133 inside the 30 for his career. Martin was well short of the 1st down when he fumbled. Something can be both aggressive and absolutely stupid. This was one of those cases.... which Schwartz confirmed with his post-game justification for it -

. “Y’all say whatever you want about me (but) don’t say I’m scared, cause we ain’t.”

The guy sounded like a fucking moron. Smart beats ballsy all day long when it comes to coaching football, Jim. We want you to be smart. The more I see & hear from this guy the more I think the national opinion about him is spot on.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answered in the other thread. It was a 27 yarder. Akers has missed 2 of 133 inside the 30 for his career. Martin was well short of the 1st down when he fumbled. Something can be both aggressive and absolutely stupid. This was one of those cases.... which Schwartz confirmed with his post-game justification for it -

. “Y’all say whatever you want about me (but) don’t say I’m scared, cause we ain’t.”

The guy sounded like a fucking moron. Smart beats ballsy all day long when it comes to coaching football, Jim. We want you to be smart. The more I see & hear from this guy the more I think the national opinion about him is spot on.

I agree, ive been saying since the handshake debacle that hes an idiot, this call in particular I dont mind.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see someone's posts got deleted.. Glad you quoted them..

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any of Kreton's posts where he told you to shut the fuck up.. Etc..

Oh to be fair I definitely told him to shut the fuck up. Dude got so happy because Detroit was losing and because they trailed in a game suddenly they were a bad team.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I appreciate your level headedness in all discussions. Still, I didn't like the aggressive call there.

Wasn't Sam Martin going to be tackled after a 3 yard gain (short of the necessary 5+ yards for a first down). If he hadn't fumbled the ball it would have been Steelers ball at the 7. The fumbled actually helped the Lions in terms of field position.

I think if it was 4th and short in that spot on the field the fake would have been aggresive and still caught the Steelers off guard with a much greater probablility of working. With that field position and a 4 point lead the field goal points were critical. A fake was super aggressive and kind of smart because nobody in the stadium considered that was about to happen. But 4th and 5 means the place holder had to run 12 yards for a first down. That is a long way for a punter to run and a lot of time for him to be tracked down.