• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions Tied For 1st ~16 Games To Go

Who do you think will win the NFC North Division?

• Chicago Bears

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Detroit Lions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Minnesota Vikings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what I said during off and pre season and some folks here gave me crap.
We both got flak on that. I was on board with getting whatever compensation we could for Decker, but I had a few concerns after Sewell struggled in the preseason. This game made it clear the Decker is just going to get in the way of Sewells progress.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes went out with an injury on a special teams paly and we never heard again, do we know how serious that was?
Hopefully not. He will replace Collins next year.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We both got flak on that. I was on board with getting whatever compensation we could for Decker, but I had a few concerns after Sewell struggled in the preseason. This game made it clear the Decker is just going to get in the way of Sewells progress.
Hopefully he can be convinced to play the right side after comes back as they dont want to take chances with Goff's blindside. Goff was not great when he saw guys coming never mind if he does not see them.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he can be convinced to play the right side after comes back as they dont want to take chances with Goff's blindside. Goff was not great when he saw guys coming never mind if he does not see them.
I can see that, but would he have the same struggles by making that switch?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes went out with an injury on a special teams paly and we never heard again, do we know how serious that was?

He's right at the Lions 45 yard line when Flowers gets the strip on Deebo. That was the 49's last significant drive for the game. You'd have to pause the video at 8 seconds to see Barnes. I didn't realize he was playing in this series. You'll have to scroll down a little bit to view the video.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Decker comes back we are going to have a real issue. Sewell was what we expected once he got to go back to his side, and he still only 20. Decker needs to shift to the right, or he needs to go.

Interesting debate amongst Erik Schlitt and Jerry Reisman from Pride of Detroit and I see points made from both of them. It makes sense to wait until the off-season before any changes are made for switching Decker and Sewell permanently as Decker stated this off-season on how difficult it is to to acclimate to the switch.

I could care how much Decker would cost being the RT after having signed that extension last year. I'd rather see Holmes string this out until either Decker's contract ends or his play is deemed on the decline.

You need TWO high-end OT in the NFL nowadays and especially taking into consideration the possible questionable play of your QB.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions need a win to stay tied for 1st with da Bears in the NFC North. The Packers won the last four games and the Lions won the last four games before that. It would be great to see the Packers starting with a 0-2 start.