• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions get 3rd Rounder for Tate

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate has also played in domes on turf most of his career with Seattle and Detroit (and on the road vs. Rams and Vikings twice a year).

Wonder if that will affect him at all in Philly.

They tore down the Kingdome back in 2000.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we give a 2020 4th if he does not stay in Philly. Hope he stays otherwise its not a huge gain.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell was never a winner in the NFL on any level without Payton Manning. He was not going to be. That was obvious.

Except when he was 36-28 with the Lions.

Not saying that Caldwell was the answer, it is apparent that he was a mediocre to above average head coach with a strong tendency to play conservative.

I'm willing to watch the rest of this season with an open mind on Fat Pat but I am absolutely positive that I didn't hear one fan on this board before the season, talking about this being a rebuilding year.

Again, Lions had some impressive wins this season. Pats at home and Dolphins on the road were very solid games where we showed we were the better team from start to final whistle. The win at home against the Packers was also very satisfying.

But when we lost, we got our asses handed to us.

Again, let's see how it plays out. We might be able to go on a run still and win the division. It's still wide open. I'm hoping Ziggy comes back and J. Davis pulls his head out of his ass. Maybe the D can pull together and give us a chance.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except when he was 36-28 with the Lions.

Not saying that Caldwell was the answer, it is apparent that he was a mediocre to above average head coach with a strong tendency to play conservative.

I'm willing to watch the rest of this season with an open mind on Fat Pat but I am absolutely positive that I didn't hear one fan on this board before the season, talking about this being a rebuilding year.

Again, Lions had some impressive wins this season. Pats at home and Dolphins on the road were very solid games where we showed we were the better team from start to final whistle. The win at home against the Packers was also very satisfying.

But when we lost, we got our asses handed to us.

Again, let's see how it plays out. We might be able to go on a run still and win the division. It's still wide open. I'm hoping Ziggy comes back and J. Davis pulls his head out of his ass. Maybe the D can pull together and give us a chance.

Correct. Nobody but me said it.

As far as making a run, I dont see it. Defense just is not there. They do well against teams that cant run but thats it. Offense now will have to come up with a completely new script as all we did every other pass play was throw short to Tate.

After this year we definitely need to see results. One more draft and FA and this team should be ready.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense now will have to come up with a completely new script as all we did every other pass play was throw short to Tate.

Offense shouldn't need to do a bunch of short bitch passes to Tate if we have a running game (unless to just get Staffy in a rhythm). We have two very good outside receivers and any short passes can now go to whatever TE's we have on the roster.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense just is not there.

I agree the defense is not there but it isn't completely devoid of talent either. Maybe they can start picking up Fat Pat's defense and gelling. Outside of their overall talent level.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you really not know? Seattle's probably got the sweetest outdoor stadium in the league.

It was a long week with very little sleep. Now that you mention I did know. Still embarrassing.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we give a 2020 4th if he does not stay in Philly. Hope he stays otherwise its not a huge gain.

Doubt they sign him. Have no cap space is what I read and they will let him walk and get a mid round comp pick was the writers theory.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt they sign him. Have no cap space is what I read and they will let him walk and get a mid round comp pick was the writers theory.

So the Eagles trade a third for 2 4ths and a half season of a very good receiver. Quinn got robbed.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Eagles trade a third for 2 4ths and a half season of a very good receiver. Quinn got robbed.

Quinn got bent over like on most trades he makes with the Patriots.

Tate was the Lions best receiver, hands down. So replace the the 3rd rounder he burned on taking Hand in the last draft.
Quick way to deplete the talent of a roster. Basically trading proven talent for roll of the dice rookie.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tate was the Lions best receiver, hands down. So replace the the 3rd rounder he burned on taking Hand in the last draft.
Quick way to deplete the talent of a roster. Basically trading proven talent for roll of the dice rookie.

I was one of the most vocal against the trade for Hand, but he is proving to be worth it. It sucks to give up a future third, but he is a good player.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought it was just 1 4th as a compensatory for going to FA.

Also, if Tate is a FA we could resign him if necessary. Then we basically got a 3rd for a 4th while losing Tate for half of a season we were not going to compete well in anyway. I doubt we resign him. We got too many slot guys already and are set on the outside.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hand was worth it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not even a 4th. Much more like a 5th. Fans make way too much out of comp picks. We got a pick in the 70's range for a guy who wasn't going to be on our team next year. Hearing people say BQ was robbed is maddening.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, if Tate is a FA we could resign him if necessary. Then we basically got a 3rd for a 4th while losing Tate for half of a season we were not going to compete well in anyway. I doubt we resign him. We got too many slot guys already and are set on the outside.

I read your earlier comment as we give a 4th if Tate leaves. I assumed that was separate from the comp pick. If what you are referring to was the comp pick then that would not come from us, it is just handed out by the league.

In that case the trade is still solid, although we saw how important Tat was to us yesterday.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read your earlier comment as we give a 4th if Tate leaves. I assumed that was separate from the comp pick. If what you are referring to was the comp pick then that would not come from us, it is just handed out by the league.

In that case the trade is still solid, although we saw how important Tat was to us yesterday.

Tate is a good blocker but I dont think he could have reduced the sack count that much.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate is a good blocker but I dont think he could have reduced the sack count that much.

He also was the quick outlet when protection breaks down. I think several of those sacks would have been short completions to Tate, with him turning one or 2 into decent sized gains.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is prolly the dumbest Lions trade in my lifetime.

Completely fucking pointless. and the players quit.

But I love how folks try to make themselves think it wasn't stupid. That's fun to read.