• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2021 off-season FA. Something for nothing or nothing at all ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have said Kwon Alexander, but we have no guarantee he will even be able to play this year.

rarely is he healthy - talented as can be - unavailability is the biggest issue

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to think this might be a good idea. I think this would not only sure up the front seven it would help the younger LBs too.

I am starting to think there is hope for Tavai though. I saw a picture of him and he looked to be in much better shape this year. Maybe being thinner he will not be as slow any more. Also having a decent LB group will help the secondary be less of a liability.

as much as I like the idea of KJ Wright coming aboard, I'm pretty much aligned with letting the LB group playing it's way through the season with Collins, Anzalone, JRM, Barnes and the 2021 UDFA Beckett. - whoever else I missed Hamilton, Pittman etc

We're not going to the playoffs and if it truly takes 5-6M just to get Wright in the door then I'll pass - if an injury occurs to Collins or Anzalone you try to make that signing.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll all be answered on the field but.....

NFL.com’s Adam Sheln offered nine NFL bandwagons fans should consider hopping on in 2021.

But coming in very last, at number nine, is the still unproven Dan Campbell himself. Though he’s making headlines here and there, he still has yet to coach the Detroit Lions in an NFL game.

“This is a future play. But I’m in. I love Campbell’s toughness and general approach. It’s contagious,” Sheln writes, echoing a very popular sentiment about the new coach.

Sheln compliments Campbell’s help in picking a strong coaching staff featuring Anthony Lynn, Duce Staley, and Aaron Glenn. The writer was particularly smitten by Campbell and Brand Holmes’ infamous reaction after getting their guy in the draft — Penei Sewell.

“Campbell and Holmes are culture-changers — and Sewell’s a culture-changing player,” he writes.

See what else Sheln has to say about Campbell and the Lions here.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DETROIT LIONS

2020 Pass Efficiency Rank: 16
2020 Rush Efficiency Rank: 25

The Lions were generally one of more pass-heavy teams during the Matthew Stafford era, but don’t expect that to continue in the Jared Goff-Dan Campbell-Anthony Lynn era.

Lynn’s Chargers teams threw the ball a lot, but that was with quarterback Philip Rivers. In Lynn's one year coordinating the Bills' offense in 2016, the unit ranked almost dead last in pass rate. The combination of Dan Campbell, who may surprise, and a quarterback who has had success in a run-first offense means that the Lions should try to emulate whatever Sean McVay did in Los Angeles.

That 2016 Bills team was a heavy pulling team, as it finished in the top 10 in both counter and power usage. That was a long time ago in the football world, though, so getting into the heavy outside zone scheme might keep Goff ticking.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as I like the idea of KJ Wright coming aboard, I'm pretty much aligned with letting the LB group playing it's way through the season with Collins, Anzalone, JRM, Barnes and the 2021 UDFA Beckett. - whoever else I missed Hamilton, Pittman etc

We're not going to the playoffs and if it truly takes 5-6M just to get Wright in the door then I'll pass - if an injury occurs to Collins or Anzalone you try to make that signing.

I would do 2 years and go from there. He is still a top LB and some of our bottom guys would not even be backups on XFL teams.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL.com’s Adam Sheln offered nine NFL bandwagons fans should consider hopping on in 2021.

But coming in very last, at number nine, is the still unproven Dan Campbell himself. Though he’s making headlines here and there, he still has yet to coach the Detroit Lions in an NFL game.

“This is a future play. But I’m in. I love Campbell’s toughness and general approach. It’s contagious,” Sheln writes, echoing a very popular sentiment about the new coach.

Sheln compliments Campbell’s help in picking a strong coaching staff featuring Anthony Lynn, Duce Staley, and Aaron Glenn. The writer was particularly smitten by Campbell and Brand Holmes’ infamous reaction after getting their guy in the draft — Penei Sewell.

“Campbell and Holmes are culture-changers — and Sewell’s a culture-changing player,” he writes.

Hopefully this is it. We are running out of time to see it in our lifetime.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're going to the superbowl!!!!!!

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ragnow placing 55th overall and narrowly missing out on the Top 50
No center made the Top 50

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do 2 years and go from there. He is still a top LB and some of our bottom guys would not even be backups on XFL teams.

If we were in year 2 with this rebuild and Goff plus the entire defensive unit came to life then I could understand making that move.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were in year 2 with this rebuild and Goff plus the entire defensive unit came to life then I could understand making that move.
If skinny Tavai works out then it might not even be necessary. I am just not sure Barnes will be more than a solid backup.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stats but maybe some insight as to how the OC, DC may possibly operate. Lions personnel is completely different than the tendencies shown by Saints, Rams and Chargers

The following Next Gen Stats

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions, Rams, Chargers aren't in Top 5 or Bottom 5 of either

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have an ad-blocker on, you may have to refresh a couple of times or click enable ads then click continue to site then refresh twice and "continue without disabling" will be in bottom left hand corner of pop-up

Capture - Goff.PNG

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Touchdown Wire’s Mark Schofield handed out his pre-training camp power rankings, and sorry folks, he did not have the Detroit Lions as a team to reckon with, ranking them 30th on the list, ahead of the Houston Texans and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Below is Mark Schofield’s reasoning behind the ranking:

We have all seen the videos of the Detroit Lions on the first night of the NFL draft, overjoyed when tackle Penei Sewell fell to them with their first selection. But the addition of the Oregon tackle might not mask the questions around the rest of the roster. Specifically, how good can Jared Goff be in Detroit, and who will he be targeting in the passing game?
Goff may ultimately be a better quarterback than he showed during some of his time in Los Angeles with the Rams, but in a quarterback-driven league he is going to need to improve in a hurry for the Lions to turn things around. Otherwise, Detroit could be looking at the QB market next draft cycle.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB_72: The Lions won't end up being ranked 35th or even lower than that once the 2021 regular season concludes.

Yet despite all this optimism, PFF doesn’t appear to be high on the Lions’ backs. In their ranking of every team’s stable of running backs entering the 2021 season, the Lions finished 25th. Analyst Ben Linsey doesn’t give much of a reason for Detroit’s low ranking, instead pointing out the potential in the team’s young set of backs.

“The best-case outcome for Detroit is that D’Andre Swift earns more of a bell-cow role in 2021 and excels in it,” Linsey wrote. “After all, his receiving ability was a big reason why he was PFF’s top-ranked running back coming out of Georgia in the 2020 NFL Draft.”

PFF is also a big fan of Williams, calling him a “quality addition to the backfield to complement Swift.”

Perhaps the analytics site isn’t too impressed with Detroit’s depth beyond that, and that would be totally fair. At this point, Detroit only has three other running backs on their roster and all three of them have never taken an offensive snap in the NFL.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your fainting couch, I have some shocking news......Bryant is hurt.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your fainting couch, I have some shocking news......Bryant is hurt.

cool

William Hill had those odds at -5000 to win a hundy

Thanks to me convincing @broncosmitty to lay down 10 dimes, maow maow has it made for a month with those winnings