• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 FA thread

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even though they re-signed Amendola

We're still going to draft Jerry Jeudy with that 1st of two 1st round picks (once Miami gives us #5 and #26 for #3)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions can't put a defense together that's worth it's salt (they'll never be able to do it), you might as well attempt to outscore the opponent. (stole the latter part from a friend)

All you need to finish off the offense is a starting RG and Jeudy.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're still going to draft Jerry Jeudy with that 1st of two 1st round picks (once Miami gives us #5 and #26 for #3)

This fucker drafts Jerry Jeudy with the first pick.
I am done with the Lions till he gets fired.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions can't put a defense together that's worth it's salt (they'll never be able to do it), you might as well attempt to outscore the opponent. (stole the latter part from a friend)

All you need to finish off the offense is a starting RG and Jeudy.

There is like 15 starting caliber WR's in this draft. Drafting Jeudy in the top 5 would be the most asinine pick that gingerdick could ever make. Outside of the Hockinson selection of course.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fucker drafts Jerry Jeudy with the first pick.
I am done with the Lions till he gets fired.

There is like 15 starting caliber WR's in this draft. Drafting Jeudy in the top 5 would be the most asinine pick that gingerdick could ever make. Outside of the Hockinson selection of course.

and yet you specifically were clamoring for Mr. Atlas, D.K. Metcalf, at #8 last year.

why the change ?

Jeudy not "Mr. Big Chest" enough for you ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Rollingthndr just so you're aware. I've always been aboard with the draft 75% or greater on the defense side.

BQ ain't fixing this defense with the draft or his former player friends from the Patriots in FA either.

BQ better draft 5 defensive starters this year and will still need to get a cheap starting RG and be prepared to lose two WR next year (Marvin and Amendola).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BB_72: Others chimed in as to why the Owners don't have ALL 53 man rosters available for game day and the same was said for if they up rosters to 55 man. Makes no sense not having all players active when they pay everyone one of them as it is.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Draft Network 2020 Free Agent Profile: Cornerback Byron Jones

Do you go after B. Jones to solidify CB1 ?

Estimates are floor of 16M per year upwards to 17/18M in this article

SpoTrac has Market value at 14M per year
Byron Jones

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Draft Network 2020 Free Agent Profile: Linebacker Kyle Van Noy

POTENTIAL LANDING SPOTS
Detroit Lions

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He would be a good, but not great fit for us and i do think he's one of the safest bets in this draft class.

Maybe the deepest WR class ever, but a lot of them have red flags

and yet you specifically were clamoring for Mr. Atlas, D.K. Metcalf, at #8 last year.

why the change ?

Jeudy not "Mr. Big Chest" enough for you ?

DK is better than all the WR in this class I think once he hits his prime he'll be the best receiver in the league. Not just a physical freak he has the work ethic to match basically TO with out the attitude.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be a good, but not great fit for us and i do think he's one of the safest bets in this draft class.

willing to name your top 3 outside wr's and top 3 slot wr's ?

which wr do you believe to be a great fit. Marvin and Amendola will both be gone in 2021 if not in 2020 when they both get put on IR at some

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DK is better than all the WR in this class I think once he hits his prime he'll be the best receiver in the league.

He's still a very limited route runner (6, 7, 8, 9,) and questionable hands.

Last year, prior to the draft, you stated he was high risk. I know you had him in your top 3.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
willing to name your top 3 outside wr's and top 3 slot wr's ?

which wr do you believe to be a great fit. Marvin and Amendola will both be gone in 2021 if not in 2020 when they both get put on IR at some

Definitely depends on the teams future. I like Marvin and would like to see him get an extension as long as its reasonable, Golladay is going to get paid, but i'd rather it was someone else was doing it(he deserves it though). If the intention is to keep Stafford around and give KG 100m+ i'd prefer we waited until the 2nd and grabbed a fast, hands guy Ruggs, Jefferson, Aiyuk. If the plan is to move on from KG eventually i'd prefer a big guy Higgins(Probably off the board by the 2nd) or Pittman(Reminds me of Alshon)

This is how i've got them ranked for Dynasty FF, currently(Still evaluating receivers though)

1 Jeudy
2 Lamb
3 Higgins
4 Jefferson
5 Aiyuck
6 Ruggs
7 Shenault (Injury/Work ethic concerns)
8 Pittman
9 Reagor (I think theres a good chance he end up like Tavon Austin combine darling/NFL disappointment)

Last year, prior to the draft, you stated he was high risk. I know you had him in your top 3.

Injury concerns definitely, but those are gone now and most big guys only use a few routes its really not that important when you're 235lbs, have 4.35 speed and can bench 350+(His father had him training when he was 5) plus his NFL pedigree father, uncle, and grandfather.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DK will continue to prove me right as it being a no-brainer pick.
Anyone got Martha's address so I can sneak into her room, make sweet love to her and takeover the GM job.
I will save us from this continual nightmare.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you might as well attempt to outscore the opponent. (stole the latter part from a friend)
Is your friend a fan of a team with a top 10 defense? Or even a 2nd tier defense I could relate too with that statement? Because when the Lions defense can make Ryan Leaf look like a First-Team All-American QB, then there's a huge difference between "getting scored on by their adversaries" and a 3rd tier bottom of the barrel defense which is "giving up the points." It's getting old watching the Lions offense needing to outscore their own defense OR the Lions defense showing up without their offense . The reality of it all is... the Lions never seem to be good enough to overcome the Dictators and their Blatant calls.