• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 FA thread

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can now exclude Chase Young

I have a plan.
We send Young to visit the Pats for a pre-draft visit. Gingersnaps will think he is good then. Selection will be Young.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: Chase Daniel agrees to 3-year deal with Lions
Former Chicago Bears quarterback Chase Daniel has reached an agreement with the Detroit Lions on a three-year, $13.05 million deal that includes a voidable clause, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Lions knew they needed to address their backup quarterback situation after losing starter Matthew Stafford to a broken back for the final eight games of the season.

Gingerdick just lit 13 million of Martha's money on fire.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gingerdick just lit 13 million of Martha's money on fire.
The dumbest contract in Lions history.

They will lose every game that guy starts. Should've signed Sam martin as backup QB, wouldn't hurt the odds of winning and would have a punter.

Unbelievable how Quinn took a decent team and successfully turned them to shit, while getting rich.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFT's Mike Florio reports the Redskins are shopping Quinton Dunbar.
This comes after Dunbar asked the Redskins to trade him last month. Entering a walk year, Dunbar wants an extension or raise from his $3.3 million base salary — something Washington has looked unwilling to do. Dunbar's expiring contract limits his trade value but he was PFF's No. 2 overall corner in 2019. The Redskins would likely move Dunbar for a Day 2 pick.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports

I'd flip the third rounder we just got for Slay for this guy. Pay him some money and we have two legit starting corners.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFT's Mike Florio reports the Redskins are shopping Quinton Dunbar.
This comes after Dunbar asked the Redskins to trade him last month. Entering a walk year, Dunbar wants an extension or raise from his $3.3 million base salary — something Washington has looked unwilling to do. Dunbar's expiring contract limits his trade value but he was PFF's No. 2 overall corner in 2019. The Redskins would likely move Dunbar for a Day 2 pick.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports

I'd flip the third rounder we just got for Slay for this guy. Pay him some money and we have two legit starting corners.

Lions are not going to compete anyway, I would rather run with Oruwariye as the other starter with Coleman in the slot. He was looking decent by the end of the year, I think he can become a solid #2.

Plus Smitty liked that guy and he is never wrong.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams bit the bullet and signed Goff, Gurley, Donald, and others on very high $$$ contracts trying to make a run and now it's blown up in their face.

Paying RB and WR larger sums of guaranteed money is ridiculous and especially when you can't get out of those contracts without taking huge dead-money hits which kills a teams chances to competitive in that upcoming year or even years to come.

Just like it would be completely idiotic for BQ to give Golladay a 5 year - 100M - 60M in guarantees when your QB maybe has 2-3 years left, if that long, to make a run for SB.

I was thinking 4 year 60mil, 30 guaranteed.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Lions safety Duron Harmon seeking starting role in Detroit

Harmon spent his entire seven-year career in New England as mostly a role player. Behind such talented players as Patrick Chung and Devin McCourty for nearly his entire career,

I wanted to go into a spot where I can play 90, 95 percent of the plays,” Harmon said. “That’s where I’m expecting to expand my role at.”

In Harmon, the Lions are getting a strong coverage safety who earned the nickname “The Closer” in New England after tallying several game-clinching interceptions, despite his role as a sub-package safety. In the past three seasons alone, Harmon has 10 interceptions. Only nine players in the entire NFL have more over that span.

He should slot in nicely next to TW3. We need more coverage guys. Any knucklehead can tackle.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wojo: Sorry, it'll take more than ex-Pats to fix the Lions

If I were to grade the Lions’ free-agent class, based on talent alone, I’d give it a C-plus or B-minus. But you know what else the Patriots do masterfully? Identify when it’s time to move on from a player because of age or expense.

BB_72: huh, how different two local Detroit media writer's view the grading of this years FA acquisitions.

Mine were not too much lower. Mostly on the first 2 and last 2 guys on the list. the middle 4 look accurate.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ex-Detroit Lions tight end Eric Ebron reportedly gets 2-year deal with Pittsburgh Steelers

Ebron, the No. 10 pick in the 2014 NFL draft, has signed a two-year, $12 million deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

J.D. McKissic agrees to sign with the Washington Redskins

McKissic was an exclusive rights free agent but the Lions chose not to tender him an offer, making him an unrestricted free agent free to sign anywhere. He joins old Lions teammate Logan Thomas, who has also agreed to terms with Washington on a new deal.

I liked McKissic. He did his role pretty well.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions are not going to compete anyway, I would rather run with Oruwariye as the other starter with Coleman in the slot. He was looking decent by the end of the year, I think he can become a solid #2.

With all the DBs we have now we would be better off playing the 46 defense.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking 4 year 60mil, 30 guaranteed.

2 or 3 years ago that would have been a great offer. I'm not for paying him i'd tag him and give him a low ball offer like you're suggesting. If he doesn't take it let him seek a trade or play under the tag and walk the next year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, now you listen here, I wasn't hoping he'd draft him. Just saw it coming.

I do remember getting micro all hot and bothered by saying he's racist for not being into Ebron's fiancé. Lol

Who Ebron must notta been into either, since he's married to some other chick.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quin got him a lot cheaper than I did.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable how Quinn took a decent team and successfully turned them to shit, while getting rich.
You forgot that he got his buddies rich as well.
Not even a notable mention from either one of you... it's all in the Matt Millen "guide to riches" called Failure is Rewarded in Detroit.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even a notable mention from either one of you... it's all in the Matt Millen "guide to riches" called Failure is Rewarded in Detroit.

Wouldn't exactly call Millen a Failure.
He drafted the greatest center in Lions history.
Tiny Dancer.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who Ebron must notta been into either, since he's married to some other chick.

He had some scrub chick. Then got rich and married the gold digger.
Classic.