• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Linebackers Coach

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who sets the edge? Against SF, nobory did. Recievers and outside runners got past the edge on every play.
Who is the Outside Linebackers Coach? - Steve Belichick.
Should he be fired now?
Should he be fired later?
Should our status as perennial winners be sacrificed until he get's it?

We were absolutely terrible at setting the edge. Maybe that is causing trouble for our secondary?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who sets the edge? Against SF, nobory did. Recievers and outside runners got past the edge on every play.
Who is the Outside Linebackers Coach? - Steve Belichick.
Should he be fired now?
Should he be fired later?
Should our status as perennial winners be sacrificed until he get's it?

We were absolutely terrible at setting the edge. Maybe that is causing trouble for our secondary?
...and you think they were "coached" to lose the edge?

Did any team lose more players to Covid opt outs? You can only do so much with the talent you have at your disposal. At some point we gotta say "this ain't our year". A bad season is a bad year. A few together makes a bad team. I'm not conceding we have bad players, or coaches for that matter, until we get past this year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and you think they were "coached" to lose the edge?

Did any team lose more players to Covid opt outs? You can only do so much with the talent you have at your disposal. At some point we gotta say "this ain't our year". A bad season is a bad year. A few together makes a bad team. I'm not conceding we have bad players, or coaches for that matter, until we get past this year.
I once had a crew underperforming. Did not happen often. I told my foreman I was going to arrive on the job chewing him out. I was going to tell him to "fire everybody and finish this himself" When I did, I left. He told the crew "I'm not finishing this by myself" Then he fired 3 guys.
The rest srtaed performing - and well! Problem solved! Sometimes the worst thing you can do is nothing.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once had a crew underperforming. Did not happen often. I told my foreman I was going to arrive on the job chewing him out. I was going to tell him to "fire everybody and finish this himself" When I did, I left. He told the crew "I'm not finishing this by myself" Then he fired 3 guys.
The rest srtaed performing - and well! Problem solved! Sometimes the worst thing you can do is nothing.....
What happened the next day when you chewed him out again for something else? Belichick plays this card plenty. This particular message is already totally well known under his watch. I know you have a "winner" reaction, and deservedly so as your advice is good for life... but it does not apply to the Pats.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that we've had times like this. II had woman working for me when I had a thirteen state territory and seven people covering it. I called a client that this woman was supposed to visit every Monday and asked to speak to her because I had something she needed to do on her way back home. The client says that he hasn't seen her fr about a month and she wasn't there. So I call her and she says that she's at the client's. I can her what sounds like a kid and she's covering the phone. So being the asshole that I am, I drive to her house and her car is in the driveway. So I call he again and she tells e that she's at a small client's location in a town close to the original client. I tell her that she's lying and she goes off on me. After afive minute tirade and threats to file a discrimination suit and everything else I tell her to look out her front window. She stupidly pulls back the curtain and I take a picture of her in her pajamas at 11:13 am on that Monday morning. Then I smiled at her and yelled....."You're Fired."

In this day you can't just fire someone, especially in the NFL. Like I said earlier, there just isn't anyone out there to replace the guys who you thought would be the right guys for you. Google the top 100 free agents available and you'll see name you recognize as bastions of the NFL six or seven years ago. With all of the injuries and covid etc. , why haven't any of them been signed?

Maybe the guys we have aren't nearly as good as we thought they were. Seriously, I don't think having any of the guys that opted out would have made on bit of difference. A team need s a reliable quarterback to to make the offense operate properly. Cam Newton is not that QB. BB is going to stick to his guns and start him against the Bills. Hey Bill, What's the definition of 'insanity'? Doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different outcome each time.