• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Line names

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, assuming we stick with our current #1 line of Hartnell/Giroux/Jagr, we need some names.

Possiblities:

Giroux's Hairline. Harts and Jagr both have been known for distinctive hair styles.
JCPenny line, for Jagr, Claude, and what Hartnell's worth. :cool2:
Tox's Worst Nightmare line, though in all fairness this doesn't really distinguish between this and any other first line with Hartnell on it.
Tradebait Line.

Feel free to post your own or come up with names for the other lines.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really want Hartnell gone, eh?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really want
whateverna0de.gif
gone, eh?

Maaan...these guys are all over the map. One day he's used toilet paper and they'd join me in taking a handful of phlegm for his severely overrated ass....the next he's just "slightly over paid" and a "valuable asset". lol

I respect each one of these guys opinions here, but on this subject we just differ. Hey, to each their own. I'm done talking about the guy. Period.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys really want Hartnell gone, eh?

i'm a flip flopper, i'll admit it. but when the guy plays night and day different depending on the cloud formations in the sky or the color of the shirt the 2,745th person wears when he/she enters the building, can you blame me?

he's still overpaid, that feeling wont change. but when he's creating space for his teammates, he's still a valuable asset. for his money could we have more value? probably, but IMO his play+his contract will not bring back a more valuable return and when he's playing like he is now, that makes it not worth it to trade him

just my feelings on the matter.. in two weeks when the 2,745th person in the building wears blue and he collapses into oblivion and cant do anything right, it will be worth it to move him, even if just for the cap flexibility later in the season

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to the topic though.. they should just go w/ the 'hair line' though and grow out their ridiculous hair.. giroux has some curly locks of his own.. could you imagine if all 3 of them grew mullets?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couple things:
1. If you trade Hartnell it is to shed that salary, not to bring in Lucic
2. If you trade Hartnell be prepared to see how much is is actually missed (sometimes I forget myself)
3. Lines only earn names if they are/do something special. the LCB line, the Rat Patrol, the Legion of Doom, the High Speed Line....all were together for more than a year. LOD being the most fluid, the others were constants. Mind you, it was Lindros that made LOD work, he and Renberg and LeClair had something special, no other version really counts.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant force a name, but if Jagr and Hartnell brought back the long hair Id be in favor of naming the trio The Hanson Line after the obvious reference to the Hanson Brothers from Slap Shot, along with the Hanson Brothers and their hair.

hanson.jpg

Fuck yeah. Be intimidated

Can you imagine MMMbop being the new goal song?

Last edited by a moderator:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh god we just recalled Harry Z we must now have a Hartnell/Harry Z/Jagr line.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just stating the obvious here, jagr now has short hair...sooooo the hairline doesn't make sense, hair doesnt grow overnight haha

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just stating the obvious here, jagr now has short hair...sooooo the hairline doesn't make sense, hair doesnt grow overnight haha

They'll always be mophead and mullet to me.