• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lindsey signed

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him. It is tough in the NFL for RBs. I hope Lindsey rushes for 1000 yards this year and zero against Denver.

Phillip Lindsay has a new home.
The running back has agreed to a one-year deal with the Indianapolis Colts, his agent announced Tuesday.
Lindsay struggled mightily as a bit of a nomadic running back in 2021, starting the season with the Houston Texans and averaging a paltry 2.6 yards per carry on 50 attempts before he was released in late November. Lindsay landed with the running back-needy Miami Dolphins a day later and managed to marginally improve his numbers to 3.1 yards per carry on 38 attempts.
Statistically, Lindsay was essentially a nonfactor in 2021 with both teams, recording 249 rushing yards and one touchdown on 88 attempts while catching just four passes for 45 yards and a touchdown. He joins a Colts team that already has All-Pro stud Jonathan Taylor and versatile back Nyheim Hines on its depth chart.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we supposed to shake his hand again, or just... ???

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck to Philip Lindsay. He's a good guy and max effort player.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another name on the list of talented players that Pat Shurmur had no idea how to use.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another name on the list of talented players that Pat Shurmur had no idea how to use.

Given how subpar he played last year away from the Broncos, I don’t think Pat Shurmer was the issue. You can rightly criticize Pat Shurmur for a lot of things, but Lindsey isn’t one of them.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsay isn't that talented. Wouldn't be surprised to see him not even make it out of camp with Indy. Love the CO kid and how hard he plays. Glad we got his peak two years in Denver, but it is over for him soon. Would love to see him as a RB coach one day though.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsay isn't that talented. Wouldn't be surprised to see him not even make it out of camp with Indy. Love the CO kid and how hard he plays. Glad we got his peak two years in Denver, but it is over for him soon. Would love to see him as a RB coach one day though.
He runs hard but he isn't a good third down back and he isn't nimble running in the middle. He gets tipped up too easy. I could see him having a bounce back year in relief. He needs to be more involved in the passing game though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsay is a good player but overrated by many Broncos fans. He was used fine here. He is what he is. A good RB in which you can’t overuse.

He runs hard, he is fast. He isn’t much if a receiver and you can’t give him 15 plus carries most weeks.

I think it could be tough for him to get carries in Indy. Taylor is a workhorse and Nyheem Hines is a really good receiving RB.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsay may have been pretty good if he would have come back to Denver. Wide zone seems like a great fit for him. He may have come back to Denver if we had not re-signed Gordon. I do think we are better with Williams and Gordon the Williams and Lindsay.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsay is a good player but overrated by many Broncos fans. He was used fine here. He is what he is. A good RB in which you can’t overuse.

He runs hard, he is fast. He isn’t much if a receiver and you can’t give him 15 plus carries most weeks.

I think it could be tough for him to get carries in Indy. Taylor is a workhorse and Nyheem Hines is a really good receiving RB.
Lindsey was not a good player last year... Hopefully, he bounces back.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lindsey was not a good player last year... Hopefully, he bounces back.
Agree.

Lindsay wasn’t very good last year.

1 thing to note on Lindsay.

3 teams, 3 bad OL’s.

The Colts have a great OL but his role/opportunities will be a lot more limited with his new team.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack rarely saw the field last year. I doubt highly PL breaks that trend.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, for Phil Lindsay - I think some RB in the pecking order ahead of him will have to go down to injury before Lindsay sees the field in Indy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be there #3...

Taylor their workhose
Hines is about as good of a 3rd down back as you get.

After that he doesn't have real strong competition for #3 duties. Ty'Son Williams was just signed today and while he should push Lindsay for #3 I would be surprised if he leaps over him. Williams had a chance of a lifetime last year in Baltimore with all their injuries they had an shortly after he got his opportunity the Ravens signed 3 vets and kicked him to the inactive list.

Deon Jackson is also in Indy but I would expect him to be more of a PS spot.

When Jonathan Taylor is your starter and Hines is your 3rd down back/change or pace there is going to be very limited opportunity for the 3rd RB on that roster but I would say Indy probably needs to find a way to give Taylor a little less touches so they don't wear him to the ground. Remember, Wisconsin gave Taylor a ton of carries as a 3 year starter there as Wisconsin always does with their starting RB.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be there #3...

Taylor their workhose
Hines is about as good of a 3rd down back as you get.

After that he doesn't have real strong competition for #3 duties. Ty'Son Williams was just signed today and while he should push Lindsay for #3 I would be surprised if he leaps over him. Williams had a chance of a lifetime last year in Baltimore with all their injuries they had an shortly after he got his opportunity the Ravens signed 3 vets and kicked him to the inactive list.

Deon Jackson is also in Indy but I would expect him to be more of a PS spot.

When Jonathan Taylor is your starter and Hines is your 3rd down back/change or pace there is going to be very limited opportunity for the 3rd RB on that roster but I would say Indy probably needs to find a way to give Taylor a little less touches so they don't wear him to the ground. Remember, Wisconsin gave Taylor a ton of carries as a 3 year starter there as Wisconsin always does with their starting RB.
Tyson Williams had some moments last year. He could run Lindsey out of town.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what "moments" he had.. He had 35 carries in a depleted backfield and when he was the only man standing he lost the starting job faster then @LGM drops his pants at a whore house.

That being said. Williams can push Lindsay. No doubt about that. I wouldn't put my money on Williams leaping over Lindsay when preseason winds around but it isn't exactly like he is competing with a superstar RB either. Lindsay does offer a different type of role then Taylor and Hines do though so he has that also going for him. He isn't the workhorse, bruiser Taylor is but he is physical like Taylor. He isn't the receiver Hines is but he has speed like Hines does. He is probably a combo of the two but neither of the two if that makes sense. He isn't the runner Taylor is and he isn't the receiver Hines is but he has some elements that both have so while he is similar he is way different too in his overall style. Williams is more of an inbetween the tackles guy and pretty limited in what he offers but he can play in the NFL as a depth guy.

I have always been a person who thinks when Lindsay loses it he will lose it fast with his style.... Which was a big reason I thought people were crazy when they thought we should extend Lindsay long term and not sign Melvin Gordon when the time came.

It is really a good situation for the Colts.... Colts get a proven RB but aren't relying on him to carry a heavy workload minus injuries... Low risk signings.. Show us what you got... If you don't fit you don't fit an we part ways. Sorta like what Houston did with him last year. Lindsay played a bit better in Miami when they claimed him off waivers only to get hurt soon after.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what "moments" he had.. He had 35 carries in a depleted backfield and when he was the only man standing he lost the starting job faster then @LGM drops his pants at a whore house.
The moments he had was against the Raiders. In the game, he had nine carries for 65 yards, including 35 yard run for his first professional touchdown, along with three receptions for 29 yards.