• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lindros

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Lindros and the Flyers organization (Clark and Snider) can put the past behind them. Lindros was in town doing his charity event and luncheon. Homer and Luuko attended, but Snider and Clark did not. The right thing to do is to appreciate everything that Lindros did for this team. He was a young kid under tremendous pressure to win it all. Bottom line, I really would like to see both Lindros and Clark shake hands. It would be cool to see them play on the same line. The Flyers NEED to retire his number. In my mind Lindros is a HOFer. He probably won't get in, but he deserves to be inducted. During his time who was better? Forsberg? Forsberg won cups because of his surrounding cast of players around him. More importantly, Patrick Roy was the biggest reason. Philly has average goaltending. Vanbiesbrouk was up there in age, Boucher was a rookie, who else was in net? Anyway, anyone else agree?

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. They should not retire his number and no, he shouldn't be inducted into the Hall.

For a player to have both honors bestowed upon them they would have had to been stellar players and true ambassadors of the game -

On and off the ice.

During his time here, Lindros conducted himself like the spoiled child he was and it cost people their jobs.

Yes....his numbers on the ice may have been enough to get the votes to barely sneak in, but his actions as a Captain and "leader" were an embarrassment to the sport.

...and that's my opinion on the Big E.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think I agree with TOx. WHile Snider, and definitely Clarke need to act better, Lindros isn't an unwitting victim here either.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch! I thought some of you would have a different opinion now. I kind of felt like this for years until recent. I kind of forgive him from what happened in the past. Not too mention he was one of my favorite guys to watch.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Lindros, but his number does not get retired.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm suprised Snider didnt make someone wear the double 8's

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No. They should not retire his number and no, he shouldn't be inducted into the Hall.

For a player to have both honors bestowed upon them they would have had to been stellar players and true ambassadors of the game -

On and off the ice.

During his time here, Lindros conducted himself like the spoiled child he was and it cost people their jobs.

Yes....his numbers on the ice may have been enough to get the votes to barely sneak in, but his actions as a Captain and "leader" were an embarrassment to the sport.

...and that's my opinion on the Big E.

it is regretful that a lot of people (not just you Tox) forget that the immaturity with the situation went both ways. clarke is not innocent in that saga, not by a long shot.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't forget anything. I'm with you completely on that "both ways" argument D. I just decided to keep my comments specifically to Lindros and his chances of making it into the Hall.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't forget anything. I'm with you completely on that "both ways" argument D. I just decided to keep my comments specifically to Lindros and his chances of making it into the Hall.

agreed that Lindros does not belong in the hall, nor is 88 a retirable number