• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Levi's turf

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen it come up a couple times as I've had teams play a couple games there. I just heard that they are on the 4th different set of sod. What exactly the issue with it? For a brand new stadium you would expect better.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody really cares about the turf right now. We need a coach period.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen it come up a couple times as I've had teams play a couple games there. I just heard that they are on the 4th different set of sod. What exactly the issue with it? For a brand new stadium you would expect better.

It was another case of everything going wrong this year. The sod they picked never really set and the first events at Levi created huge divots. They found out there was too much sand in the mixture so the sod never took root and just shredded after two or three events (football, soccer, concerts). Since the season already started they had to resort to installing basically a new field every so often.

Supposedly they found the correct mix and it shouldn't be a problem going forward.

You being an Oregon fan, I saw the graphic that the University of Oregon had scored more points at Levi than the 49ers :(

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was another case of everything going wrong this year. The sod they picked never really set and the first events at Levi created huge divots. They found out there was too much sand in the mixture so the sod never took root and just shredded after two or three events (football, soccer, concerts). Since the season already started they had to resort to installing basically a new field every so often.

Supposedly they found the correct mix and it shouldn't be a problem going forward.

You being an Oregon fan, I saw the graphic that the University of Oregon had scored more points at Levi than the 49ers :(

Yup, in 2 games they scored more than the 9ers had up to that point after the PAC 12 CCG. Granted the Ducks did average better than 46 ppg this year, a combined 110 points at Levi this year for the Ducks. The 9ers did pass them in the Chargers game, though

I hope that the field managers truly do have the sod dialed in for next season, never like to see games affected by shoddy sod. Also can be an injury concern too.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ans I though California was a good place for growin grass..go figure..hey Jed ..get to work..get your Levi's on dude and get the grass growin right