• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeVeon Bell

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell just became a free agent. Are we interested? We could get him for a year or two. I think he could be a good back for us. Better than Lamar Miller for sure. I think he would fit well with our offense. I do t think he would be the same back as he was with Pittsburgh, but he could be better than what we currently have out of the backfield. I doubt it happens, but what do you say?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would be a good fit. I think it makes a fair amount of sense. Especially after losing Cohen.

I also think that Ryan Pace will never do this. In general, the Bears haven't gone after guys like this either. No matter what regime they were being run by. The talented big name with the reputation as a locker room problem/questionable teammate/etc. That guy has never landed here.

But hey... I suppose there's a first time for everything. I just don't see it actually happening. If it does? Hey, hell yeah. I'm happy.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't block worth anything, don't see how Bell helps out this offense

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we're betting favorites to land this guy...I'll believe it when I see it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Steelers fans been preaching this. Bell is an odd runner. He’s patient. Sooooo patient. He dances and waits, let’s his blocks develop. Which was fine when pgh had a top 5 o line. Dude doesn’t break big runs......

He needs a special line to be Uber effective..

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah let's sign another back we won't use.
Bell would be pretty useful as a receiver.

I mean, we run too much anyway. I don't want to run more. At least, not vs teams like TB or IND. Bell would give us a nice trio of receivers at RB.

Again, I doubt it happens. It will also be interesting to see how much of the drop off from Bell was due to himself vs the Jets being the Jets.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our line hasn't been that bad. I agree that TB and Indy totally shut down our run game. But Indy is probably the best D in the league and TB isn't far behind in terms of their front seven talent.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell would be pretty useful as a receiver.

I mean, we run too much anyway. I don't want to run more. At least, not vs teams like TB or IND. Bell would give us a nice trio of receivers at RB.

Again, I doubt it happens. It will also be interesting to see how much of the drop off from Bell was due to himself vs the Jets being the Jets.
We run too much?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We run too much?
Versus TB and IND?

Against Indy we gained 1.8 YPC. Yet, even in the 2nd half, we were STILL trying to run the ball. Creating 2nd and longs about every time.

Against TB we averaged 2.5 YPC. Yet, we ran the ball right down to the wire. Basically, the same story in terms of success.

What motivation could you possibly have for continuing to the ball, more than halfway into a game, when you are averaging 1.8 YPC? Not to mention, in games that you are trailing. Why would you do that to yourself?

I'm trying to search for a reason that doesn't simply amount to "because dats wut cliches, my dad, and my old coaches told me you have to do! Stay commit to da run!"

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to search for a reason that doesn't simply amount to "because dats wut cliches, my dad, and my old coaches told me you have to do! Stay commit to da run!"

You’re right rich. The Bears under Matt Nagy run way too much. You should write at least 47 more paragraphs to further drive home the point.

Also...you’re a tool. You’re I’m better than the average fan schtick is boring and dull. You seem like the kind of guy that could suck the fun out of an orgy because you’d walk around the room explaining how condoms work.

Poor results in the run game doesn’t equal needing to throw more.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right rich. The Bears under Matt Nagy run way too much. You should write at least 47 more paragraphs to further drive home the point.

Also...you’re a tool. You’re I’m better than the average fan schtick is boring and dull. You seem like the kind of guy that could suck the fun out of an orgy because you’d walk around the room explaining how condoms work.

Poor results in the run game doesn’t equal needing to throw more.
And your "I'm cool until I get frustrated and lash out like a kid" shtick. Coupled with your "But hey, I don't care. This is just all funny to me." shtick is old. You love your little crutches, too. My post was barely longer than yours. Other posts ITT were 1 and 3 sentences. Yet, you went back to that old well again. Shocker.

When you run of things to say. You get mad and opt for ad hominem in place of formulating an argument. You talk yourself up on a personal level a lot. I figured you would be better than that. Let me guess, though? You don't care. It's all funny, yada, yada. Right?

At no point did I take a shot at you. You asked me to explain my position and I did. Yet, I am the tool when you respond with a personal attack? I genuinely was wondering why you thought we should run more. I like you and think you're one of the best posters here. Easy. But dude, get over yourself. Talk football or don't. I have no interest in exchanging personal jabs with you. I'm not your boy BS.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem like the kind of guy that could suck the fun out of an orgy because you’d walk around the room explaining how condoms work.
For the record, this was funny. I might have to use this. Lol

Last edited:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate agreeing with people here but the opinion that this offense runs too much under Nagy is symptomatic of a retard. The Bears are 27th in the league in rushing attempts. How in the world are we running too much? Nagy's greatest fault is he doesn't run nearly enough. You don't just stop running because it didn't work the last time. You really want Foles to throw it 60x a game?

I swear we have the biggest fukking idiots on this board.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your "I'm cool until I get frustrated and lash out like a kid" shtick. Coupled with your "But hey, I don't care. This is just all funny to me." shtick is old. You love your little crutches, too. My post was barely longer than yours. Other posts ITT were 1 and 3 sentences. Yet, you went back to that old well again. Shocker.

I'm always cool. And there are far more words in your post. I can say more with less.
When you run of things to say. You get mad and opt for ad hominem in place of formulating an argument. You talk yourself up on a personal level a lot. I figured you would be better than that. Let me guess, though? You don't care. It's all funny, yada, yada. Right?
See. Lots of words. Nothing to say.
At no point did I take a shot at you. You asked me to explain my position and I did. Yet, I am the tool when you respond with a personal attack? I genuinely was wondering why you thought we should run more. I like you and think you're one of the best posters here. Easy. But dude, get over yourself. Talk football or don't. I have no interest in exchanging personal jabs with you. I'm not your boy BS.
You like to pretend you're not a meatball fan and that you're better and smarter than the average Bears fan. But a lot of your takes are more meatball than anyone else. If you don't wanna exchange jabs...shut up.

The Bears don't run too much. That's the point. You're wrong.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are out of the running for Bell, so this thread is now moot.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell is not a team player.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1