• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Le'Veon Bell Value

What is Le'Veon Bell worth in a trade?

• "A 2nd-rounder and a good player"

• 3rd round

• 4th-5th round

• 6th-7th round

Results are only viewable after voting.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he's not. He'll be 27 by the time next year comes. Which is pretty old for a RB, especially with his miles. You'd be surprised how many top-tier RB's seemingly fall off a cliff right about that time. And considering the ridiculous contract you'd have to give him too. If I needed a RB I'd draft one in the middle rounds myself that fits my system, that's the most important thing with a RB.

Yep. Of the RBs in the top 10 in rushing yards all but 2 are 25 or younger (& those 2 are flukes - Lynch who will tail off over the season & Hyde who is 28 but wasn't asked to do much in his first 2 seasons). You will rarely see a 30+ yr old RB lead the way for any team. RB is also one of the few positions where they can contribute heavily in their rookie year.

If Bell goes elsewhere he can be replaced to a degree. They can also use the extra cap space to address their substantial needs on defense. Perhaps they should still retain Bell, but I don't think that it is a necessity at this time. Would hate to see a team in this situation paying 10s of millions of dollars long after the player is gone (or marginally contributing).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he signs with another team and makes a gentlemen’s agreement to resign after this season, he is worth a first and a third. Pay the man what he’s worth

You really believe that a guy who behaves like Bell is going to honor a gentleman's agreement? I suppose that could be true if it is for some team that he loves, but I would not bank on it. Most teams would be foolish to take this approach (not to mention it may be deemed illegal or violating NFL rules & subsequently get the team in trouble).

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really believe that a guy who behaves like Bell is going to honor a gentleman's agreement? I suppose that could be true if it is for some team that he loves, but I would not bank on it. Most teams would be foolish to take this approach (not to mention it may be deemed illegal or violating NFL rules & subsequently get the team in trouble).

It’s likely happening as we speak.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not worth more than a 6th IMO. Not because he lacks talent but because he is not under a long term deal and the team that gets him will not be able to franchise (because of the cost) him and there is no guarantee he will resign.

While team that gets him owns his rights and will get a 3rd in return if he signs somewhere else it is worth may be worth the risk.

The Steelers have no bargaining power because they want him gone. They might as well just eat the loss and move on.

You said he's not worth more than a 6th, but you just made the case for a 3rd round pick...because, you're likely to get 3rd round pick in return if you lose him to FA next yr.

Why would PIT "just eat the loss" when they can do nothing and get a 3rd rounder when he signs next yr? The only reason I can see PIT taking less than a 3rd is they want the pick for the '19 draft.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Pittsburgh give him away for a 4th when they'll likely get a compensatory third rounder for eventually losing him to FA?

... and who would give up a third rounder for a partial season in the hopes he signs a ridiculous long term deal?

I think Pittsburgh is stuck with him. The time for a trade has long passed.

PIT...good question, answer, imo to get the pick a yr earlier...'19 vs the '20 draft.

Who would give it up?...Let's say a team like GB that's hovering around the playoffs...I think it's worth a 3rd rounder to bring in a guy for 10 games, etc. that can put your team over the top either in the DIV race with CHI or the NFC race as a WC. He's good enough to push you into the NFCCG...I'd gladly part with a 3rd rounder to rent a player like that for 10-12 games.

The problem with all of this is...does Bell even want to play out of fear of injury? That's why idt Bell is going anywhere.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s likely happening as we speak.

Whatever you say chief. No doubt lots of teams want to just throw away high picks to 1. obtain a headcase who possibly will play this holdout game later in his career 2. have absolutely no guarantees beyond this season 3. pay $$ down the line for a player who likely could be in serious decline & 4. risk being called into Goodell's office & incurring penalties for making under-the-table agreements.

It sounds like you really thought this one out pretty thoroughly. Good Lord.