• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leveon Bell Twitter Rant

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I do have to agree. There's no way in hell these guys are watching film on every prospect they are ranking. Annoying he went to twitter about this, but I agree 100% with him.

Heck, a lot of the guys I have in my sig is based on crowdsourced hearsay, raw data, and watching games. I don't dare claim to have watched hours on hours of film on all those guys.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
completely agree, although kiper has notes on guys u never heard of, doesnt mean he studied them

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is about marcus mariota isn't it? i fuckin knew it

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact is, if someone is willing to pay, there will always be someone with an opinion to give regarding these recruits. that being said, I find most of kipers analysis interesting, maybe I don't buy into all of it, but he does bring it and he sticks by his opinions.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell is a moron. I admit Kiper is a bit full of himself but before he came along and marketed up the draft it was not really a very big thing. Kiper did a lot to draw quite a bit more media to the draft.

And of course he doesn't study every player and gets things wrong... if you could perfectly predict/project EVERY play in the NFL you'd have a SBOWL winning team EVERY year.

Kiper/McShay get folks hyped up for the draft and cover it while summarizing the analysis from quite a few scouts and sites... of course they are going to miss and of course they don't get individually try out and watch/study EVERY player. That'd be borderline impossible and if you did try and study EVERY player your analysis would be just as crap because it takes TONS of time to scout even one (hence why NFL scouting depts are so deep and evaluate select players they think fit a mold/team style).

Bell is just exercising a case of sour grapes because he turned out to be good when more than one draft analyst said Bell wasn't ELITE according to draft projections (which is absolutely true). And it's a team game... plug certain guys in certain systems and they may do better with the supporting cast. It's not like Bell went to an offense without a decent QB, WR, and good line when healthy.

Kiper said about Bell: "He's a very patient runner, you look at how he wears the defense down, his body lean, he gets 2 yards when you think he's stopped,'' he said. "He's deceptively quick, he allows the hole to develop. He doesn't have a great initial burst….he's in the second-round discussion.''

And that's basically spot on. So WTF is Bell talking about? What a tool.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never liked kipper or mcshay. Honestly. I don't really pay attention to the draft. I just check to see who the bears picked after the fact.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock drafts from these "gurus" aren't worth wiping your asz on, but in the next few months there will be hundreds of criticisms written about posters on these boards because their ideas don't align with the "gurus". Drives me nuts when fans say things like a certain guy won't be around at point x in the draft and it's really just based on Kiper, McShay, etc. as soon as one guy moves a player up or down they all follow suit and it becomes gospel...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell needs to look around. Every football talent evaluator from Mel Kiper to internet nobodies to Bill Bellichick are wrong way more often than they are right.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell needs to realize to not take anything personal, I'm sure Kiper or McShay had no ill will in their evaluations.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell needs to realize to not take anything personal, I'm sure Kiper or McShay had no ill will in their evaluations.

What they do is incredibly difficult. Now this guy who can't spell or use punctuation says that Kiper is dumb??? All he did was draw a bunch of attention to Mel Kiper, which is just what he wants. Leveon Bell should go back to grade school and change his first name to Taco - yes, he's that dumb. :burt: