• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'veon Bell MRI,KNEE today

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn't,any person without bias that watched that game to claim that the fix was not in is either a moron or some crazed Stealer fan,i had a SB party with friends over and my buddy Mark who is a Colts fan said at halftime the game is fixed there is no way the Hawks are going to win.

It is what it is,but to claim otherwise as many people who saw it and it being ranked the 8th most BS sports game in the USA outta tell you something.

Oh Gawd. Are you serious. Conspiracy theory guy always loses. :L

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way many of the new review rules are due to that SB,were you aware of that? in essence the league knew they had a mess on their hands and had to implement something to prevent it from happening again,there is no way they were going to call the Rooneys out for violations which i believe did happen because Goodell was promoted by the Rooneys.

I said deal with it, damnit! You aint dealin', all ya doin', IS DENYIN!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating in Super Bowl XL was met with criticism from members of the media soon after the game. One call that was complained about was an offensive pass interference on wide receiver Darrell Jackson for a push-off against Steelers safety Chris Hope that nullified his 16-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter.[13] Another complaint had to do with a penalty in the fourth quarter against Seattle right tackle Sean Locklear for holding Steelers linebacker Clark Haggans that nullified a deep pass. Also disputed was the penalty on Hasselbeck for an illegal block while making a tackle during Ike Taylor's interception return.[14]

Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock encapsulated some views when he wrote the day after the game, "Bill Leavy and his crew ruined Super Bowl XL. Am I the only one who would like to hear them defend their incompetence?"[15] Initially, some fans reacted negatively as well. A February 7 online ESPN poll found that, with 103,167 votes cast, 61.7% of those votes were cast for the choice of "officiating mistakes affected the outcome of Super Bowl XL."[16][17] Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren himself took issue with the officiating at a celebration for his team on February 6 at Qwest Field, saying, "We knew it was going to be tough going against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well."[18] Holmgren was not fined for the remarks.

In response to the criticisms leveled at the officials, the NFL, just two days after the game, released a statement defending the officials' performance. "The game was properly officiated, including, as in most NFL games, some tight plays that produced disagreement about the calls made by the officials," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in a statement.[19]

High-profile referee Ed Hochuli said "the league felt, actually, that the Super Bowl was well officiated. Now, that doesn't mean there were no mistakes. There are always mistakes, but it was a well-officiated game." [20]

On August 6, 2010, while visiting the Seahawks' preseason training camp for an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media, Leavy brought up Super Bowl XL without being asked, and admitted to having blown calls:[20]

It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better ... I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough ... When we make mistakes, you got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl it's difficult.[21]

The Super Bowl XL officiating controversy was later listed as #8 on the NFL's list of the top ten controversial calls of all time.[22]

Super Bowl XL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To go chapter and verse practically on a game that long ago is really sad.

Was Seattle on the wrong end of some bad calls in the game? Yes...Did those bad calls take any points off the board or directly attributed to them losing the game? No.

Seriously man...you need to let it go, no matter how much you think the Hawks got screwed, the result is the result and it's not changing.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way many of the new review rules are due to that SB,were you aware of that? in essence the league knew they had a mess on their hands and had to implement something to prevent it from happening again,there is no way they were going to call the Rooneys out for violations which i believe did happen because Goodell was promoted by the Rooneys.

Last edited by a moderator: