• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'veon Bell MRI,KNEE today

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers are preparing for life without injured running back Le'Veon Bell, so the team announced the signing of Ben Tate on Tuesday.

Coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday while the Steelers will "leave the light" on for the team MVP, they will "explore all options" heading into Saturday night's wild-card game against Baltimore. Bell suffered a hyperextended right knee in the third quarter of last week's win over Cincinnati. While Tomlin said there is no structural damage to the knee, Bell is in significant pain.

The Steelers signed Tate, the former Cleveland Browns back, on Tuesday. Tate was cut by the Browns in November and spent three weeks with Minnesota before being released.

Pittsburgh also expects to give rookies Josh Harris and Dri Archer a chance to rise to the top of the depth chart.

The Steelers released wide receiver Justin Brown to make room for Tate. Pittsburgh Steelers not ruling out Le'Veon Bell for wild-card game against Ravens | FOX Sports

we signed tate to fill in for bell .. this is a good move

Bell is a huge loss and you know it, Pitts is definitely better with him than without, and Tate is a srub now...
But it wouldn't matter if Ray Charles was your RB and Barney Fife was our MLB, it will still be a brawl, that's what makes it special....
Gooooooo Ravens ..........

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bell is a huge loss and you know it, Pitts is definitely better with him than without, and Tate is a srub now...
But it wouldn't matter if Ray Charles was your RB and Barney Fife was our MLB, it will still be a brawl, that's what makes it special....

Huge loss for the Steelers.

Laughed my ass off on the Barney Fife reference

tumblr_ndxlauOcCE1tn0fi8o1_400.gif

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP can whine all he wants but at the end of the day - they lost, and they deserved to. You can't allow the other team that many big plays and expect to win.

We can go on about this forever but the majority of people out there either consider it the worst called SB ever or it was a scam by the Stealers org.

NFL ref admits mistakes in Super Bowl

RENTON, Wash. -- NFL referee Bill Leavy acknowleded he made mistakes in the Seattle Seahawks' 2006 Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The veteran official began an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media on Friday by bringing up the subject without being asked.

Leavy says he "kicked two calls in the fourth quarter" and "impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that."

The veteran official of 15 NFL seasons says the game "left me with a lot of sleepless nights" and that "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

---------------------------------------

Funny how Stealer fans try and justify it when even one of the refs has stated that it was a sham.but you go ahead and defend it and believe it,like i said most everyone else does not and Holmgren who is very classy rarely ever speaks out stated he thought it was a set up.

Even Rothlesberger looks up and cant believe they called it a TD! look at his face .

Last edited by a moderator:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating in Super Bowl XL was met with criticism from members of the media soon after the game. One call that was complained about was an offensive pass interference on wide receiver Darrell Jackson for a push-off against Steelers safety Chris Hope that nullified his 16-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter.[13] Another complaint had to do with a penalty in the fourth quarter against Seattle right tackle Sean Locklear for holding Steelers linebacker Clark Haggans that nullified a deep pass. Also disputed was the penalty on Hasselbeck for an illegal block while making a tackle during Ike Taylor's interception return.[14]

Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock encapsulated some views when he wrote the day after the game, "Bill Leavy and his crew ruined Super Bowl XL. Am I the only one who would like to hear them defend their incompetence?"[15] Initially, some fans reacted negatively as well. A February 7 online ESPN poll found that, with 103,167 votes cast, 61.7% of those votes were cast for the choice of "officiating mistakes affected the outcome of Super Bowl XL."[16][17] Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren himself took issue with the officiating at a celebration for his team on February 6 at Qwest Field, saying, "We knew it was going to be tough going against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well."[18] Holmgren was not fined for the remarks.

In response to the criticisms leveled at the officials, the NFL, just two days after the game, released a statement defending the officials' performance. "The game was properly officiated, including, as in most NFL games, some tight plays that produced disagreement about the calls made by the officials," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in a statement.[19]

High-profile referee Ed Hochuli said "the league felt, actually, that the Super Bowl was well officiated. Now, that doesn't mean there were no mistakes. There are always mistakes, but it was a well-officiated game." [20]

On August 6, 2010, while visiting the Seahawks' preseason training camp for an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media, Leavy brought up Super Bowl XL without being asked, and admitted to having blown calls:[20]

It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better ... I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough ... When we make mistakes, you got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl it's difficult.[21]

The Super Bowl XL officiating controversy was later listed as #8 on the NFL's list of the top ten controversial calls of all time.[22]

Super Bowl XL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The officiating in Super Bowl XL was met with criticism from members of the media soon after the game. One call that was complained about was an offensive pass interference on wide receiver Darrell Jackson for a push-off against Steelers safety Chris Hope that nullified his 16-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter.[13] Another complaint had to do with a penalty in the fourth quarter against Seattle right tackle Sean Locklear for holding Steelers linebacker Clark Haggans that nullified a deep pass. Also disputed was the penalty on Hasselbeck for an illegal block while making a tackle during Ike Taylor's interception return.[14]

Kansas City Star writer Jason Whitlock encapsulated some views when he wrote the day after the game, "Bill Leavy and his crew ruined Super Bowl XL. Am I the only one who would like to hear them defend their incompetence?"[15] Initially, some fans reacted negatively as well. A February 7 online ESPN poll found that, with 103,167 votes cast, 61.7% of those votes were cast for the choice of "officiating mistakes affected the outcome of Super Bowl XL."[16][17] Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren himself took issue with the officiating at a celebration for his team on February 6 at Qwest Field, saying, "We knew it was going to be tough going against the Pittsburgh Steelers. I didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well."[18] Holmgren was not fined for the remarks.

In response to the criticisms leveled at the officials, the NFL, just two days after the game, released a statement defending the officials' performance. "The game was properly officiated, including, as in most NFL games, some tight plays that produced disagreement about the calls made by the officials," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said in a statement.[19]

High-profile referee Ed Hochuli said "the league felt, actually, that the Super Bowl was well officiated. Now, that doesn't mean there were no mistakes. There are always mistakes, but it was a well-officiated game." [20]

On August 6, 2010, while visiting the Seahawks' preseason training camp for an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media, Leavy brought up Super Bowl XL without being asked, and admitted to having blown calls:[20]

It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better ... I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough ... When we make mistakes, you got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl it's difficult.[21]

The Super Bowl XL officiating controversy was later listed as #8 on the NFL's list of the top ten controversial calls of all time.[22]

Super Bowl XL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Godbless Levy's sweet lil heart, I hope he finds peace one day. Maybe there some psychologists in the Seattle area that could bring him in for a few visits, free of charge??:lol:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can go on about this forever but the majority of people out there either consider it the worst called SB ever or it was a scam by the Stealers org.

NFL ref admits mistakes in Super Bowl

RENTON, Wash. -- NFL referee Bill Leavy acknowleded he made mistakes in the Seattle Seahawks' 2006 Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The veteran official began an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media on Friday by bringing up the subject without being asked.

Leavy says he "kicked two calls in the fourth quarter" and "impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that."

The veteran official of 15 NFL seasons says the game "left me with a lot of sleepless nights" and that "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

---------------------------------------

Funny how Stealer fans try and justify it when even one of the refs has stated that it was a sham.but you go ahead and defend it and believe it,like i said most everyone else does not and Holmgren who is very classy rarely ever speaks out stated he thought it was a set up.

Even Rothlesberger looks up and cant believe they called it a TD! look at his face .

The truth is your team played like shit. Simple as that.

There's no way your suck ass defense should have allowed us to get down to the 3 to set that TD up and you know it. You rushed 4 instead of 3 so you could drop 8. We were in a 3rd and forever, and we picked it up with more than enough yards to spare. All on the refs...yup....:rollseyes:

You forget that.

You forget that your suck ass defense allowed fast Willie to set a SB record on the 2nd play of the second half. Wait, let me guess...that was the refs.

No excuse for allowing the gadget play TD either, other than your defense sucked ass.

And your offense wasn't much better, the way they mismanaged the clock to end the half and game.

Pitiful how you make excuses. The good news is, you're the only Seahawks fan that is - the others have moved past it.

The irony is, the ref was right even if he thinks he was wrong. He said that he threw the flag because he assumed Haggins was held even though he didn't see it.

He was right.

Haggins WAS held by Locklear. Even Locklear admitted it saying, "I was only trying to make up for him being offsides".

Which means, best case scenario, penalties offset and you replay the down. It was never going to be a completion at the one.

But keep whining, it's quite amusing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adanac

beer.....yes please!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember the FGs that were missed by the Seahags???

it was the fault of the ref.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Godbless Levy's sweet lil heart, I hope he finds peace one day. Maybe there some psychologists in the Seattle area that could bring him in for a few visits, free of charge??:lol:

Most of the Refs from that SB were from the Pittsburgh area,two a year after the SB went on to be employed by the Rooneys.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is your team played like shit. Simple as that.

There's no way your suck ass defense should have allowed us to get down to the 3 to set that TD up and you know it. You rushed 4 instead of 3 so you could drop 8. We were in a 3rd and forever, and we picked it up with more than enough yards to spare. All on the refs...yup....:rollseyes:

You forget that.

You forget that your suck ass defense allowed fast Willie to set a SB record on the 2nd play of the second half. Wait, let me guess...that was the refs.

No excuse for allowing the gadget play TD either, other than your defense sucked ass.

And your offense wasn't much better, the way they mismanaged the clock to end the half and game.

Pitiful how you make excuses. The good news is, you're the only Seahawks fan that is - the others have moved past it.

The irony is, the ref was right even if he thinks he was wrong. He said that he threw the flag because he assumed Haggins was held even though he didn't see it.

He was right.

Haggins WAS held by Locklear. Even Locklear admitted it saying, "I was only trying to make up for him being offsides".

Which means, best case scenario, penalties offset and you replay the down. It was never going to be a completion at the one.

But keep whining, it's quite amusing.

Blah blah blah,blah blah,,i presented video,testimony from one of Refs own mouth a head coach of the football team and a Kansas city sports writer and you provide,well just your opinion.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers legitimately won that Superbowl. Deal with it.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No they didn't,any person without bias that watched that game to claim that the fix was not in is either a moron or some crazed Stealer fan,i had a SB party with friends over and my buddy Mark who is a Colts fan said at halftime the game is fixed there is no way the Hawks are going to win.

It is what it is,but to claim otherwise as many people who saw it and it being ranked the 8th most BS sports game in the USA outta tell you something.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the way many of the new review rules are due to that SB,were you aware of that? in essence the league knew they had a mess on their hands and had to implement something to prevent it from happening again,there is no way they were going to call the Rooneys out for violations which i believe did happen because Goodell was promoted by the Rooneys.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's tried that and he can't.

It's why he ignores all the obvious failings of his suck ass team on that day. All the defensive breakdowns and the mismanaging the clock by the offense to close out the 2nd half and 4th quarter.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i didnt say it wasnt a big loss but i would rather have tate in the backfield than archer ...go steelers

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh dear god are seahawks still whining...........we could do this with every game, how bout golden tates catch? no..........that was legit