• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'veon Bell MRI,KNEE today

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a shame if it means he might miss a game.

Thats-A-Shame-Betty-White-On-Golden-Girls-Gif.gif

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad it wasnt worse- didnt look good when I saw it as it happened.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad if Bell can't play. That would definitely be a big loss, but it could also make the late season Blount acquisition a very big move.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That, and the fact that they still whine about losing SB XL, even AFTER they finally won a Lombardi.

Even many Steeler fans being honest know that was the biggest joke of a SB ever,two refs ended up being employed later by the Rooney family and one ref said "Yah Seattle won that SB".

Add to the fact that some now years after it happened have stated that the NFL owed it to the Rooneys for hiring African Americans ect ect,that SB deserves a asterisk.

When they first posted the article on ESPN.com, about 90% of the people that commented said, it was the worst Super Bowl they'd ever seen, Pittsburgh never deserved to win, or it was fixed. The only people sticking up for the ref, were? you guessed it Steelers fans. It's not just us...

Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount is now playing for the Patriots again after being released by the Steelers... :)

I think that is what he meant...the fact that they let a talented RB like Blount go now means without Bell they could really struggle offensively. While I understand why they let Blount go it really could be the difference between winning this upcoming playoff game and being 1 and done.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is what he meant...the fact that they let a talented RB like Blount go now means without Bell they could really struggle offensively. While I understand why they let Blount go it really could be the difference between winning this upcoming playoff game and being 1 and done.

The Stealers were not going to get far anyhow,does not matter.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even many Steeler fans being honest know that was the biggest joke of a SB ever,two refs ended up being employed later by the Rooney family and one ref said "Yah Seattle won that SB".

Add to the fact that some now years after it happened have stated that the NFL owed it to the Rooneys for hiring African Americans ect ect,that SB deserves a asterisk.

When they first posted the article on ESPN.com, about 90% of the people that commented said, it was the worst Super Bowl they'd ever seen, Pittsburgh never deserved to win, or it was fixed. The only people sticking up for the ref, were? you guessed it Steelers fans. It's not just us...

:nutswing:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:wtf:

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Steelers are healthy I'd never sell them short. They have too much talent on offense to not be a factor when they have all their weapons.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Stealers were not going to get far anyhow,does not matter.

With Bell healthy I don't think there is an offense in the playoffs that I would take over them right now. That makes them a dangerous team in my opinion. Yes that defense is at best middle of the road but to me if there is a team that can get hot and go all the way it is the Steelers.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, cause the refs were all in on that whole 'Seattle mismanaging the clock to end each half' thing. Oh, and the 'let's let Willie Parker break one for a SB record 75 yards', that was them too. And your QB throwing an INT in the 4th - yup, that was the refs. They did all that. :pound: :rollseyes:

Here you go...:bawling:

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stretch the truth a bit?

NFL referee stated he "kicked 2 calls" and impacted the game.... i.e. blew a call.

None of the referees said Seattle won the game.

There are blown calls and judgment calls in every game.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stretch the truth a bit?

NFL referee stated he "kicked 2 calls" and impacted the game.... i.e. blew a call.

None of the referees said Seattle won the game.

There are blown calls and judgment calls in every game.

:agree:

Seachicken fans get their panties in a wad over this discussion... Those refs NEVER said anything about "Seattle should have won" or anything like that. But here you go:
FF_471876_s.jpg

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guys on Inside the NFL are not Steelers fans.

Face it...the receiver in the end zone did push off. It may not have been the worst infraction of its kind, but the flag was justified. And Ben's questionable keeper TD was too close to reverse.

And I don't know which African-Americans you're talking about...there are lots of 'em on every team.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys on Inside the NFL are not Steelers fans.

Face it...the receiver in the end zone did push off. It may not have been the worst infraction of its kind, but the flag was justified. And Ben's questionable keeper TD was too close to reverse.

And I don't know which African-Americans you're talking about...there are lots of 'em on every team.

The zebras will usually let you get away with a push off IF you don't extend the elbow - and D.Jax did, so they threw the hankie.

The Big Ben TD was to close to reverse. And Mike Holmgren said he didn't mind it being ruled a TD so much as it looked like the ref changed his mind. The ref ran out with one arm up to signal 4th down, then raised his second as he got closer. That's where his problem was - and he has a case. That being said, it was reviewed.

And the OP is forgetting that that play was set up by a long pass completion that never should have happened. They had us in 3rd and 25, and we picked up 37. They rushed 4. Convetional wisdom says you rush 3, drop 8 and give up the short pass for the FG. You give up 3 but get the ball back with plenty of time but no....the Seahawks gambled and it bit them.

Then they mismanaged the clock the final 2 minutes of the half.

2nd play of the 2nd half, Willie Parker is gone for 75. Holmgren took out one of his starting safeties to have him fresh on 3rd down. His replacement was to far up and Willie ran right by him.

In the 4th, Sean Locklear got flat out beat on the rush by Haggins and held him. Locklear says Haggins was offside the tape says differently. Haggins got held and the pass that would have had them at our 1 was called back. 2 plays later Hasselback throws the INT to Ike Taylor.

The call on Hassleback for blocking below the waist was BS - I'll give them that one. That being said, that's no excuse for allowing the gadget play to Hines.

Seattle never adjusted to the game being called tightly - and Pittsburgh did. Remember, Seattle just had two games where they got home cookin' from the refs. During the Washington game the refs called a Redskin for holding that was on the bench at the time. I didn't hear Mike 'The Walrus' complain about the call then. Did you?

I also don't recall any Seahawk fans complaining when the substitute refs screwed up on a Monday night game that gave them the win.

Pittsburgh just played 3 games where they knew they weren't going to be getting the calls because they were on the road. Remember the call reversing Troy Polamalu's interception in Indy? We over came it and got the win.

Seattle mismanaged the clock at the end of the game as well.

Pittsburgh made the big plays to win the game and Seattle didn't.

The OP can whine all he wants but at the end of the day - they lost, and they deserved to. You can't allow the other team that many big plays and expect to win.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers are preparing for life without injured running back Le'Veon Bell, so the team announced the signing of Ben Tate on Tuesday.

Coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday while the Steelers will "leave the light" on for the team MVP, they will "explore all options" heading into Saturday night's wild-card game against Baltimore. Bell suffered a hyperextended right knee in the third quarter of last week's win over Cincinnati. While Tomlin said there is no structural damage to the knee, Bell is in significant pain.

The Steelers signed Tate, the former Cleveland Browns back, on Tuesday. Tate was cut by the Browns in November and spent three weeks with Minnesota before being released.

Pittsburgh also expects to give rookies Josh Harris and Dri Archer a chance to rise to the top of the depth chart.

The Steelers released wide receiver Justin Brown to make room for Tate. Pittsburgh Steelers not ruling out Le'Veon Bell for wild-card game against Ravens | FOX Sports

we signed tate to fill in for bell .. this is a good move