• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lev Bell to Oakland

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raiders do become a good team it might take a couple years and then you gotta hope ABrown is still productive (which I think he will be) also have to worry about Bell breaking down. I actually like the Brown signing but I think they need to stay away from Bell and just build that OL and defense in FA and the draft.

I was a little upset we traded our guard (Osemele) to the Jets but it saved us 10.2 million and he struggled last season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Raiders do become a good team it might take a couple years and then you gotta hope ABrown is still productive (which I think he will be) also have to worry about Bell breaking down. I actually like the Brown signing but I think they need to stay away from Bell and just build that OL and defense in FA and the draft.

The NFL is the land of quick turnarounds... who knows...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders should do the following:

Traded for Antonio Brown, Check.
Sign Le'Veon Bell.
Draft Haskins at #4.
Spend their next 2 1st round picks on defense.

Keep Carr around 1 more year to let Haskins learn the system and let Carr take the beating.
Then move into Las Vegas with an all-pro WR, RB and a 2nd year QB ready to take the reigns with a huge arm and upside.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sign Le'Veon Bell.
Draft Haskins at #4.

Keep Carr around 1 more year to let Haskins learn the system and let Carr take the beating.
Then move into Las Vegas with an all-pro WR, RB and a 2nd year QB ready to take the reigns with a huge arm and upside.

I doubt we take a QB in this draft.....I think Gruden gives Carr 1 more year with a WR like AB....if he doesn't improve, trade him next offseason and go after a QB in the next draft.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sign Le'Veon Bell.
Draft Haskins at #4.

Not much point in having Brown and Bell if you are going to have a project at QB. Brown is already 31 and, while Bell is only 27, he's already racked up a ton of touches. I think there is a pretty good chance that these two guys best years are behind them. If you want to get max value out of whatever prime they have left, you need a veteran QB.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we take a QB in this draft.....I think Gruden gives Carr 1 more year with a WR like AB....if he doesn't improve, trade him next offseason and go after a QB in the next draft.

Will you have a #4 overall draft pick next year? Possibly. Will there be another prospect with an arm like Haskins available at your pick next year? 3 1st round draft picks takes the pressure off the QB being drafted #4 because you are not investing your entire draft into a QB that year, and forcing them to come in and start.

Draft Haskins, a franchise type QB, let him learn for a year and then release the hounds the following year while having an all-pro wr and rb supporting him his first few years in the league to let him build some confidence.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a good fit for them and the familiarity would be there with Brown. I still think he will sign elsewhere though.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bowl cut is too poor to sign Bell

That is the other point. That probably did eliminate Bell from discussions within the Raiders organization.

Bell going to the Colts though with a decent oline and a quality QB? That could be lethal.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sign Le'Veon Bell.
Draft Haskins at #4.

Lol. Bucknut homers love this idea

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders didn't have the cap space left to sign Bell. It's not shocking Raiders fans didn't have the math skills to figure it out.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders didn't have the cap space left to sign Bell. It's not shocking Raiders fans didn't have the math skills to figure it out.

Raiders are having cash flow issues not cap space. They have like 45 million in cap space they just don't have the money to pay the players.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders are having cash flow issues not cap space. They have like 45 million in cap space they just don't have the money to pay the players.
yet they keep signing contracts, some big........but no cash flow for mack......

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet they keep signing contracts, some big........but no cash flow for mack......
Mack has 90 million in guarantees with the Bears, that total has to be put in the bank. Brown has 30 million in guarantees, big difference. Raiders can sign several players without getting close to Mack $90 million guarantees.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack has 90 million in guarantees with the Bears, that total has to be put in the bank. Brown has 30 million in guarantees, big difference. Raiders can sign several players without getting close to Mack $90 million guarantees.
well brown at 30 mill, aand trent brown 36.75 mill, joyner 16.7 million, tyrell williams 22mill guaranteed, hankins 5.25 guaranteed,erik harris 2.5 guaranteed, 500k guaranteed.

so thats their FA list. and the guaranteed monies

total of 113.7. SO yes 113.7 is big difference from 90. In fact, more.