• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Letting Fans Vote....

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... on anything is just a terrible idea. I was going around online and came upon the NFL.com 100 best players of 2014. After you decide between 2 players it shows what the percentage is of how others voted on the same two players. Some of them are ridiculous. I can't think of any of them off hand because I closed the site, but I felt the strong urge to vent about it here. See for yourself

NFL.com - 2014 NFL Top 100

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... on anything is just a terrible idea. I was going around online and came upon the NFL.com 100 best players of 2014. After you decide between 2 players it shows what the percentage is of how others voted on the same two players. Some of them are ridiculous. I can't think of any of them off hand because I closed the site, but I felt the strong urge to vent about it here. See for yourself

NFL.com - 2014 NFL Top 100

I agree. It's just something to generate traffic to the site and people coming back to defend and advocate for their guy or whatever. One only has to look at message board posts to realize how bad things can go if fans vote. There are some great posts and analysis on a message board, but then there's the other stuff......

I'd leave it up to the players and coaches/front office. They at least get paid to play or make decisions. There are morons there too, but they did something right to get paid to be a moron. :gaah:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who votes enough to see their "Top 10" can easily see how stupid this is. Or you can decide after seeing that the "public" thinks Russell Wilson is as good as/better than Andrew Luck :L

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, curiosity got the best of me.....it was pulling up two players of any position and asking who's better.

My favorite? Montee Ball v Peyton Manning......really?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who votes enough to see their "Top 10" can easily see how stupid this is. Or you can decide after seeing that the "public" thinks Russell Wilson is as good as/better than Andrew Luck :L

I know. And there is Joe Staley vs like, Jordan Cameron and Staley is down 72% to 28% because people just don't know anything.

So, curiosity got the best of me.....it was pulling up two players of any position and asking who's better.

My favorite? Montee Ball v Peyton Manning......really?

Yeah, it is strange. I don't get the logic.