• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk Wide Receivers. Who do you like the best? Whose the most underrated?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess looking at team fits I'm seeing:

-Garrett Wilson being a good fit on the Falcons. Atlanta already has a physical freak in Pitts but they need a WR1 who can get open.

-Drake London is probably a good fit in Washington. London seems pro ready and he is a big target which Wentz relied on in Philly.

-Jameson Williams seems like the type of player the Chargers love. Injured with a ton of upside. Chargers dont need a whole lot right now so they can wait on a star WR to develop.

-Skyy Moore to Arizona seems like a good fit. He could fill that Christian Kirk role. If Mel Kiper thinks everyone is wildly underrating him then maybe he could go rd1.

-Christian Watson is commonly linked to Green Bay but I think they'd be better off with someone more pro ready like Olave. Watson seems like a Bills pick to me. Bills always go upside.

-Burks is kind of a weird fit to any team. Arizona is the most natural fit but they already have Rondale Moore as their gadget player. His 2nd most natural fit would be on a run-first team but how many of those are looking for WRs? Titans aren't. Patriots? Probably the best fit although they love to trade back. Saints maybe but they're probably trying to go up and get a QB. Browns probably also a possibility.

-Chiefs could use any of them, really, but honestly should probably address the defense first. Calvin Austin in rd2 probably seems like the most natural 'keep things the same' player to fill in Hill's shoes but I kinda like Jalen Tolbert for Mahomes' improv style, too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Austin may be more Tutu Atwell than Tykeek Hill. Waterbug receiver.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Austin may be more Tutu Atwell than Tykeek Hill. Waterbug receiver.
Austin's combine numbers (Vert, Broad) would suggest that he should be more explosive than Atwell but I get what you're saying. You cant just find a Tyreek Hill in the draft. Austin has a lot of issues with 50/50 balls and tracking those is one of Hill's specialties.

I mentioned Skyy Moore as a fit with Arizona and I think that also applies to KC.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin's combine numbers (Vert, Broad) would suggest that he should be more explosive than Atwell but I get what you're saying. You cant just find a Tyreek Hill in the draft. Austin has a lot of issues with 50/50 balls and tracking those is one of Hill's specialties.

I mentioned Skyy Moore as a fit with Arizona and I think that also applies to KC.
Austin's size is the concern for me. His speed and route running are strong.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be the closest thing we have to a draft talk thread so I will stick this thought here....

Jordan Davis should be a top 10 pick (and I think he will be). Everyone has him way down in the 20 range because he is a big DT and doesnt play all the downs.

Well guess what? No DL play all the downs anymore. Most teams dont have a single defensive lineman on their team that play more than 80% of the snaps. So why would you downgrade a guy that is only going to play 65% of the snaps?!?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be the closest thing we have to a draft talk thread so I will stick this thought here....

Jordan Davis should be a top 10 pick (and I think he will be). Everyone has him way down in the 20 range because he is a big DT and doesnt play all the downs.

Well guess what? No DL play all the downs anymore. Most teams dont have a single defensive lineman on their team that play more than 80% of the snaps. So why would you downgrade a guy that is only going to play 65% of the snaps?!?
The issue with him going top 10 is probably the same as most years - you're probably going to see 3 QBs go top 10 as silly as that sounds and there are a couple of elite pass rushers and OTs who should also go top 10. So Davis might slip a couple of spots. I do think he is a top 15 lock.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with him going top 10 is probably the same as most years - you're probably going to see 3 QBs go top 10 as silly as that sounds and there are a couple of elite pass rushers and OTs who should also go top 10. So Davis might slip a couple of spots. I do think he is a top 15 lock.

See I don't think that any of the QB's will go early with the exception of Willis. I think someone will fall in love with his arm and athletic ability and take him somewhat early.

The rest of the class will fall into the Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Paxton Lynch, Lamar Jackson QB prospect where people who mock put them in the top 15....but the NFL doesn't evaluate that high and basically teams just position themselves in the draft to draft them in the back part of the 1st round just so they get the 5th year option.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I don't think that any of the QB's will go early with the exception of Willis. I think someone will fall in love with his arm and athletic ability and take him somewhat early.

The rest of the class will fall into the Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Paxton Lynch, Lamar Jackson QB prospect where people who mock put them in the top 15....but the NFL doesn't evaluate that high and basically teams just position themselves in the draft to draft them in the back part of the 1st round just so they get the 5th year option.
QBs in general are the last domino that properly leaks out into the public, generally. I do think what you suggest should be true but Im routinely surprised.

I think the difference this year is that the NFL has a glut of QBs. Mariota, Winston, Wentz, Goff, and Mayfield are all top shelf failures. Jimmy G is a 2nd tier failure. Kicking the tires there is a lot less risky than developing a guy for 2 years just to bust.

So you should be right. Its just that every year it seems like QBs rise

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs in general are the last domino that properly leaks out into the public, generally. I do think what you suggest should be true but Im routinely surprised.

I think the difference this year is that the NFL has a glut of QBs. Mariota, Winston, Wentz, Goff, and Mayfield are all top shelf failures. Jimmy G is a 2nd tier failure. Kicking the tires there is a lot less risky than developing a guy for 2 years just to bust.

So you should be right. Its just that every year it seems like QBs rise

They rise because it makes sense in a get rich quick type of scheme. If you luck into a rookie that is a real QB, you can spend all over the rest of the field IE Seattle in 2012, 13 and 14... Now, if you F it up and sign them after their rookie deal and they are actually a mirage...all kinds of bad shit happens... IE Eagles with Wentz after Foles bailed them out and channeled his inner-Flacco

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that my initial reading of Jameson Williams being too hurt to go early is probably the wrong take. I've seen a lot of analysts have him as the top WR if healthy. I tend to agree but if that injury isnt serious then I bump him to the top.

Treylon Burks also seems to be falling. My interpretation of physicality being a strength is interpreted by many as poor route running. Go figure. People are also worried that he'll eat himself out of the league. So that makes him a really tough player to pick in rd1.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Williams is going top 15 despite being hurt, and only playing one year of impact ball after being buried in the depth chart at Ohio State before transferring to Bama. He's got the speed everyone wants these days, and it seems teams think his acl injury wasn't terrible.

Burks is falling some because his workouts were meh, especially his cone times, which further fueled speculation that he may not be as quick as needed to get separation in the NFL. But I think he has some special skills and definitely could be the next Deebo Samuel/AJ Brown type physical receiver for the NFL.

London is a really polarizing prospect. I am a little scared of him for the Eagles because we have had some bad picks like JJ Arcega Whiteside, who dominated with size at Stanford and then couldn't get open in the NFL at all. London may struggle to get open IMO. He delayed his workout as he recovers from an ankle injury, so we will need to see if he even runs before the draft. If not, red flag for me.