• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lets talk trades

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So.... Does anyone else see the Predators as a good trade partner to bring in a left D?

Mattias Ekholm and Jeremy Lauzon are options. Lauzon comes in at 2m a year and is signed through the 2025-2026 season.
Lauzon brings the grit and fighting threat the team needs with decent defence. Just don't expect much offence. Not a fan of the contract tho.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a lot of Lauzon in Seattle and I personally don't think he's an upgrade over any of the current D. Maybe he has matured a bit but in Seattle he was prone to making mistakes and taking a dumb penalty.

What about goaltending? Thatcher Demko trade might be interesting.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ekholm is going to be 33 in May and has 3 more years left at $6.25 million ($6.5 million cash each year) after this one. As much as I like him, that is way too much of a risk to take at his age.

Demko would be worth a flyer IMO. He just turned 27 and goalies tend to play well into their early 30s so he could be the Kings starter for at least 3-4 years while they draft and groom an heir. He has 3 years left at $5 million ($6, $6 and $5 million cash in those years) and with the dumpster fire going on in Vancouver maybe a deal could be swung.

Quick comes off the books, but Petersen is still a problem. Acquiring Demko the Kings are right back where they are now financially with two goalies making a combined $10+ million unless Copley is the back up and say Petersen is bought out or sent back in that trade.